Sign in to follow this  
MilesArcher

The Name Game

254 posts in this topic

Julio Iglesias lol.

Next: “When they go ___” + “Do re mi fa so ___” + re mi __ + “ __ Grange” + informal negative.

Lola Falana -  Arturo,  I had no idea what the first clue was and for  "____ Grange" all I could think of was Red Grange, the legendary football player.  If we want more participation, we need more easily recognizable clues.

Next: 

Singer Who Gave Us "Oh, Sweet Pea, C'mon And Dance With Me" + Oscar Winning Actor In "Judgement At Nuremberg" + Paul Newman And Patricia Neal Starred In "_____" + Bob Hope Shared A Bed With Trigger In "_____ Of Paleface"

Valentina Cortese, who we just lost recently.  Very nice, Lavender.  Let's hope we see many more of these posts from you.

Next:

Professor Harold Hill's Hometown + She Was Princess Pei Pei In "Shanghai Noon" + "Swiss Family Robinson" Author + "_____   ______ Angels Sing" + "_______ Misty For Me" + Rosemary Lane Appeared In "The _______ From Syracuse"

On 8/2/2019 at 10:26 AM, MilesArcher said:

Lola Falana -  Arturo,  I had no idea what the first clue was and for  "____ Grange" all I could think of was Red Grange, the legendary football player.  If we want more participation, we need more easily recognizable clues.

Miles, i didn’t see these clues as difficult; I’ve definitely tried to make them more accessible recently.  Obviously, not everyone is going to know every clue every time.  “When they go low” has become a popular catchphrase in the last several years; I hear it on tv at least once a week.  I know of a town named La Grange  And of a Z. Z. Top song of that name.  Not that esoteric.

Gary Lewis and the Playboys.

Next:  “___ the sunny side” + article of speech + Sammy ____ + leg joint.

Ooh, Ooh Arturo.  I think I finally got one right away.  I think its Anacani, the pretty Mexican singer and actress who used to sing on "The Lawrence Welk Show".

Image result for anna-kani lawrence welk show  

Next:

Essentials Co-host Before Alec + In "Carousel, Carrie Sings "When I ______ Mr. Snow" +  Martin _____ Lewis +  "The Adventures Of _______, Queen Of The Desert" +  Wheeler _______ Woolsey + Dietrich's Role In The Blue Angel" (She Was So Nice, They Named Her Twice) + Jodie Foster Was "The Little Girl Who Lived Down The _____"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Ooh, Ooh Arturo.  I think I finally got one right away.  I think its Anacani, the pretty Mexican singer and actress who used to sing on "The Lawrence Welk Show".

Image result for anna-kani lawrence welk show  

Next:

Essentials Co-host Before Alec + In "Carousel, Carrie Sings "When I ______ Mr. Snow" +  Martin _____ Lewis +  "The Adventures Of _______, Queen Of The Desert" +  Wheeler _______ Woolsey + Dietrich's Role In The Blue Angel" (She Was So Nice, They Named Her Twice) + Jodie Foster Was "The Little Girl Who Lived Down The _____"

Rosemary and Priscilla and Lola Lane

next

Humorist _____ + Under The ___ ____( we only need one) Tree + _____ Of The River + ____ was not The Whistler

Just now, starliteyes said:

William Bendix?

Correct Star, you don't need confirmation, you just have to post the next one according to Miles (he's the OP)  Your turn :) 

• Thanks 1

Connie Gilchrist - The last clue was not exactly a sound-alike clue, but it sufficed.

Next:

A Film About A Basketball Playing Dog Is "____ Bud" + Ilsa And _____ Will Always Have Paris + Polar Explorer Admiral _______ + A Woman In Charge Of A Small Group Of Cub Scouts Is Called A _____ Mother + Gene Kelly's First Film Is "For Me ____ My Gal " + Surfing Film "_____ Endless Summer" + Group Name For Lions and Tigers And Bears, ... Oh My! 

See how easy this game can be!

On 8/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, MilesArcher said:

Connie Gilchrist - The last clue was not exactly a sound-alike clue, but it sufficed.

A Film About A Basketball Playing Dog Is "____ Bud" + Ilsa And _____ Will Always Have Paris + Polar Explorer Admiral _______ + A Woman In Charge Of A Small Group Of Cub Scouts Is Called A _____ Mother + Gene Kelly's First Film Is "For Me ____ My Gal " + Surfing Film "_____ Endless Summer" + Group Name For Lions and Tigers And Bears, ... Oh My! 

See how easy this game can be!

Eric Burdon and The Animals

next

Maggie Smith played ______ + ___ Place in The Sun + ducks in a    _______ + Bad______

Miles can we expand and do film titles too ?

Gena Rowlands - Nice clues, Lav.

Lavender, I suppose we could do film titles.  The only thing that I would ask is that before posting clues, the poster states whether it is a film title or a celebrity name.  I would also hope that the film title would be of the classic era vintage.  Remember, this is a classic film message board and most people who view these threads are the same ones who watch classic movies on TCM.

Next:  This is a celebrity name.  This person has been seen on TCM many times.

Line From Old Song, "Does Your Mother Know You're Out , _________, Does She Know That I'm About To Steal Ya" + Early Pacino Film "The Panic In Needle _______"+ Tom Selleck Film "______ Alibi" 

2 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Gena Rowlands - Nice clues, Lav.

Lavender, I suppose we could do film titles.  The only thing that I would ask is that before posting clues, the poster states whether it is a film title or a celebrity name.  I would also hope that the film title would be of the classic era vintage.  Remember, this is a classic film message board and most people who view these threads are the same ones who watch classic movies on TCM.

Next:  This is a celebrity name.  This person has been seen on TCM many times.

Line From Old Song, "Does Your Mother Know You're Out , _________, Does She Know That I'm About To Steal Ya" + Early Pacino Film "The Panic In Needle _______"+ Tom Selleck Film "______ Alibi" 

Cecilia Parker

next

This is a film tile and has been shown on TCM

_____ Friend Flicka + ___ ___(one will suffice) sis boom bah + _____ Shampoo + The ____ Of The Sixth Happiness + The Romance of Rosey ______

MYRA BRECKENRIDGE.

This is a person’s name.

Blah color + Brit’s pronunciation of last syllable of Peter + ___ goyle + ___ Derek.

Greta Garbo

next: a person's name

Every Which Way But ______ + I ate an avocado and ____ roll + tv show ______ Happening + ____ The Waterfront

Lucile Watson - Nice clues.  I wonder how many folks here remember "What's Happening"?

Next:  A person's name.

"The Gong Show Featured ______  _______, (We Only Need One) The Dancing Machine + Frankie Ford Sang "Won't You Let Me Take You On A ______ Cruise? Oowee, Oowee, Baby!" + "The Goldbergs" Was A Radio Show That Made The Transition To TV And Starred Gertrude ______  

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Lucile Watson - Nice clues.  I wonder how many folks here remember "What's Happening"?

Next:  A person's name.

"The Gong Show Featured ______  _______, (We Only Need One) The Dancing Machine + Frankie Ford Sang "Won't You Let Me Take You On A ______ Cruise? Oowee, Oowee, Baby!" + "The Goldbergs" Was A Radio Show That Made The Transition To TV And Starred Gertrude ______  

Jean Seberg

Next: a person's name

Robin Hood is an example of English folk_______ + singer______ James + Elvis sang _______ and Beautiful in Jailhouse Rock

Loretta Young -You're really getting into this game, Lav.  Keep'em coming.

Next: A person's name.

In "The Music Man", Miss Shinn's Favorite Expression Was "___ Gads!" + Surname Of Sisters Rosemary, Lola, And Priscilla (There They Are Again) + Slang For No + French For Green + "____ The Hustle" + 50's Hit Song "Let Me ____, Lover" 

Elena Verdugo

next: person's name

We open in Venice, we next play_____(NO A ) + Cary Grant played ______ Ferrante in An Affair To Remember + Lana starred in ___ Life of Her Own + Bunny ______ Is Missing

5 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Elena Verdugo

next: person's name

We open in Venice, we next play_____(NO A ) + Cary Grant played ______ Ferrante in An Affair To Remember + Lana starred in ___ Life of Her Own + Bunny ______ Is Missing

Veronica Lake-- I made a lucky guess but I don't know if I'm smart enough to continue this. But I'll try.....

Next: The name of a person:

____ a needle pulling thread + ___  Fi, Fo, Fum + first letter of the alphabet___ + opposite of higher___ + the opposite of out___.

Let's see now - So + Fee + A + Lower + In = Sophia Loren

Very good, Princess.  You're definitely smart enough for this game.

Next :  This is a group.

Fonzie's Nephew + In "Babes On Broadway", Judy Garland Sang "Franklin D. Roosevelt ______" + Laurel _____ Hardy + "_____ Girl Friday" + "Oowah, Oowah, Come On Kitty, Tell Us About The Boy From New York _____" + The Lead Singer Of "The Jefferson Airplane" + Simone Simon Starred In "The _____ Of The Cat People"   

• Thanks 1

I think we have Shirley + Boo + (Them - em) or Shirley Booth

Next :  Another group, but this time it's a bit more obscure.

"Nothing Could Be Finah Than To Be In Carol______ In The Morning" + Jamie Foxx Starred In The Biopic Of This Singer/Musician, "________" + Old Song, "______ Sut Ralston On The Rillerah" + Dorothy Used The Oil Can On The ____ Man + Burns ______ Allen + Tom Selleck Film "____ Alibi" + Carl Reiner Directed "______ Of Me" + Deanna Durbin Starred In "100 Men And A ______" + One Of Astaire's Best Was "The ______ Wagon"