Sign in to follow this  
MilesArcher

The Name Game

252 posts in this topic

Edward G Robinson

Next: A Movie

Not short but ___+ not night but ___+ sound made by a snake ___+ a favorite rock group from the 70s and 80s___+ not out but ___+ 1+1=___ +Astaire song___& Day*

* Another song written specifically for Fred Astaire

"Long Day's Journey Into Night"

Next:  A person

Bing Crosby Liked To Smoke A _______ + She Was The Original Star Of "The Perils Of Pauline" + "The _______ And Jake Wade" + 80's Horror Movie "______ - Animator" 

21 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

"Long Day's Journey Into Night"

Next:  A person

Bing Crosby Liked To Smoke A _______ + She Was The Original Star Of "The Perils Of Pauline" + "The _______ And Jake Wade" + 80's Horror Movie "______ - Animator" 

Piper Laurie.

Next: Person.

Peter ____ and Mary + allow + Deity + cockney pronunciation  for something difficult.

Paulette Goddard

Next:  A person - Say it kind of fast.

Truffaut Film " _______ For Night" + To Move Your Head In The Affirmative Direction + Children's Game "The Farmer In The ______" + Streisand's Understudy In "Funny Girl" Was _________ Kazan

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Paulette Goddard

Next:  A person - Say it kind of fast.

Truffaut Film " _______ For Night" + To Move Your Head In The Affirmative Direction + Children's Game "The Farmer In The ______" + Streisand's Understudy In "Funny Girl" Was _________ Kazan

Dana Delany

next: a person

Impressionist _____ Little + Movie The ____ Way + the Sting was about a _____ + come over for 4:00______

Richard Conte

Next:  A person who you haven't heard a lot about in a while

The Face That Launched A Thousand Ships + Matthew Broderick's Role In "Biloxi Blues" + What Topo Gigio Called Mr. Sullivan 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, MilesArcher said:

Richard Conte

Next:  A person who you haven't heard a lot about in a while

The Face That Launched A Thousand Ships + Matthew Broderick's Role In "Biloxi Blues" + What Topo Gigio Called Mr. Sullivan 

Helen Reddy ?

next : a person

Bronte heroine is _____ + Napa Valley famous for_____ + _____ and Bill

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Helen Reddy ?

next : a person

Bronte heroine is _____ + Napa Valley famous for_____ + _____ and Bill

Actually, Lavender, mine was Helen Jerome Eddy, a silent movie star who played character parts in sound films until the early forties.  In "Biloxi Blues", Matthew Broderick played Eugene Jerome.

Yours is Jane + Wine + Min or Jane Wyman

Next: A person who was a young actor

In "Showboat", Julie Sings "He's Just My _______, An Ordinary Guy" + In "Deep Impact", Sarah Was Played By ____________ Sobieski 

2 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Actually, Lavender, mine was Helen Jerome Eddy, a silent movie star who played character parts in sound films until the early forties.  In "Biloxi Blues", Matthew Broderick played Eugene Jerome.

Yours is Jane + Wine + Min or Jane Wyman

Next: A person who was a young actor

In "Showboat", Julie Sings "He's Just My _______, An Ordinary Guy" + In "Deep Impact", Sarah Was Played By ____________ Sobieski 

LOL well, I was close. Never heard of Helen Jerome Eddy and couldn't figure out how Eugene Jerome fit that's why I put a ? after Helen Reddy.

Repeating Miles clue

In "Showboat", Julie Sings "He's Just My________, An Ordinary Guy" + In "Deep Impact", Sarah Was Played By _____________Sobieski

Sorry, Arturo.  It's not Bill Healey.  This youngster starred in a 1940 movie about two boys, one black and one white, who take a runt of the litter dog and train him to be a champion field dog, or hunting dog.  

Here's a hint for everyone: Say the syllables individually. 

When you post your answer, don't forget to post a new one of your own.

Billy Lee

next: movie

A CHORUS LINE finale song + AN ____ TO REMEMBER + "The Fresh Prince of Bel-___" + cheese/dairy company + A STAR ____  BORN + Jack Lemmon Vietman flick

On 9/6/2019 at 1:28 AM, LonesomePolecat said:

Billy Lee

next: movie

A CHORUS LINE finale song + AN ____ TO REMEMBER + "The Fresh Prince of Bel-___" + cheese/dairy company + A STAR ____  BORN + Jack Lemmon Vietman flick

Redo, same one: (Hint: British WWII film)

A CHORUS LINE finale song + HUNCHBACK ___ NOTRE DAME + "Days of ___ Lives" + "The Fresh Prince of Bel-___" + cheese/dairy company + A STAR ____  BORN + Jack Lemmon Vietman flick

One Of Our Aircraft Is Missing - By the way, the Jack Lemmon film "Missing" is set in Chile.

Next :  A person

Lily Tomlin Starred In " All Of _____" + Creator of "Frankenstein"

3 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

By the way, the Jack Lemmon film "Missing" is set in Chile.

So sorry! Got it mixed up with another Vietnam flick! Glad you solved it anyway. :)

On 9/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, MilesArcher said:

Next :  A person

Lily Tomlin Starred In " All Of _____" + Creator of "Frankenstein"

Just bumping this up.

Michelle Lee.

Next:  Talking Horse + Several of these make a sentence + “Always and for____” + “ Some people say it this way after they consumed food + prostitute + large measure of weight.

Edward Everett Horton

Next: A person

David Janssen Movie Based On A Comic Strip About A War Orphan + Classic Film Remade Several Times "The _______ Feathers" 

Don Defore.

Miles, I was confused at first; I thought the “classic film remade several times” was a separate clue than “The ____ Feathers”.

’Next:  A person.

Man’s best friend + girl in Ireland + one meaning is attractive + the edges of a river.

Douglas Fairbanks - I always separate my clues with a "+" sign

Next: A Title 

"The King And ____" + He Was Little Joe On "Bonanza" + Unfulfilled Wishes Are Known As "Pie In ____    _____"

4 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Douglas Fairbanks - I always separate my clues with a "+" sign

Next: A Title 

"The King And ____" + He Was Little Joe On "Bonanza" + Unfulfilled Wishes Are Known As "Pie In ____    _____"

Island In The Sky

next: person

The Red Planet is ____ ( s ) + ____ and behold + singer _____ Jones + ____ You Like It

Marlo Thomas.

Next: Person.

Unusual + on the cross: IN-___ + “ ____ cat” + to overheat.

Audrey Hepburn

Next: A Person

Brando Film "One - _____ Jacks" + Martin Sheen Film Set In Ireland "_____" + Mexican Spitfire Once Married To Johnny Weissmuller + James Stewart Film "_____ Highway In The Sky"