Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Horst Buchholz: the German James Dean

39 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

He doesn't seem like the sort of guy who had any hang-ups or inhibitions.

For me, his beauty and talent shone brightly in Josh Logan's "Fanny". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rayban said:

Has anybody been able to see him in his Hollywood epic, "Nine Hours To Rama"?

I haven't seen it, but it occasionally airs on the FXM Retro channel (formerly known as the Fox Movie Channel).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rayban said:

For me, his beauty and talent shone brightly in Josh Logan's "Fanny". 

TCM likes to feature a foreign actor each August during Summer Under the Stars. He made films in many countries, including the U.S., so he'd be a good choice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

TCM likes to feature a foreign actor each August during Summer Under the Stars. He made films in many countries, including the U.S., so he'd be a good choice.

Hopefully, they're listening to you.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, TopBilled said:

TCM likes to feature a foreign actor each August during Summer Under the Stars. He made films in many countries, including the U.S., so he'd be a good choice.

That's a great idea. It would bring together divergent movies from different areas (and cultures) of filmmaking. One thing that's peaked my interest here is The Empty Canvas which, like Where Love Has Gone the same year seemed to herald Bette Davis' return to "legit" cinema after her brief reign as a scream queen. Neither apparently did the job for her but both should be of interest to her fans. Plus Horst looks especially adorable in those stills.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DougieB said:

That's a great idea. It would bring together divergent movies from different areas (and cultures) of filmmaking. One thing that's peaked my interest here is The Empty Canvas which, like Where Love Has Gone the same year seemed to herald Bette Davis' return to "legit" cinema after her brief reign as a scream queen. Neither apparently did the job for her but both should be of interest to her fans. Plus Horst looks especially adorable in those stills.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 9:29 AM, DougieB said:

That's a great idea. It would bring together divergent movies from different areas (and cultures) of filmmaking. One thing that's peaked my interest here is The Empty Canvas which, like Where Love Has Gone the same year seemed to herald Bette Davis' return to "legit" cinema after her brief reign as a scream queen. Neither apparently did the job for her but both should be of interest to her fans. Plus Horst looks especially adorable in those stills.

Yes, I hadn't heard of this film until Ray mentioned it.

I just looked on MovieCollector's database and it's never aired on TCM.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yes, I hadn't heard of this film until Ray mentioned it.

I just looked on MovieCollector's database and it's never aired on TCM.

Once you see it, you won't be able to forget it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rayban said:

Once you see it, you won't be able to forget it.

Where did you see it, Ray? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rayban said:

I'm not sure, but I might have seen it at the Film Forum in New York City.

Thank you. I was wondering if it had been on some channel (besides TCM) recently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see him as the young bisexual man in Thomas Mann's, "The Confessions of Felix Krull".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us