Sign in to follow this  
SueSueApplegate

Mark Griffin, author of All That Heaven Allows, visits The Silver Screen Oasis

5 posts in this topic

Author Mark Griffin joins The Silver Screen Oasis Facebook page to discuss his latest biography on Saturday, December 15, and Sunday, December 16. Con join us for in-depth discussions of Rock Hudson's life and Mark Griffin's fabulous new book! One of the researchers involved in the project is director Alexa Foreman, whose documentary, Scandal: The Trial of Mary Astor, premiered at the #TCMFF 2018.

rZ45LC9.jpg

Mark Griffin is the author of A Hundred or More Hidden Things: The Life and Films of Vincente Minnelli. His interviews, reviews, and essays have appeared in scores of publications, including The Boston Globe, Premiere, MovieMaker, and Genre. Griffin, who recently appeared in the documentary Gene Kelly: To Live and Dance, lives in Lewiston, Maine.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully, Santa will be bringing the book. I miss Premiere; it was very industry-oriented, but very smart too.

• Like 1

I went to the Silver Screen Oasis website when I saw the title of this post. I attributed the lack of a post there concerning the guest to be due to time constraints. I returned to the site several times over the weekend as I believed it would appear at any time.

It was only when it was obvious that it was not going to appear that I came back here and actually read the post.

I am greatly disappointed that this was on Facebook instead of the Silver Screen Oasis site as I would have liked very much to have participated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm reading a library copy right now and it's very good! Hard to put down.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, SansFin said:

I went to the Silver Screen Oasis website when I saw the title of this post. I attributed the lack of a post there concerning the guest to be due to time constraints. I returned to the site several times over the weekend as I believed it would appear at any time.

It was only when it was obvious that it was not going to appear that I came back here and actually read the post.

I am greatly disappointed that this was on Facebook instead of the Silver Screen Oasis site as I would have liked very much to have participated.

I also couldn't participate on Facebook. SueSue, is there any chance you could summarize the event for us? Did anything new come out of the questioning? I was at a similar event when William Mann published his book (Wisecracker) about Billy Haines and some interesting, unpublished, details came out when he answered questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1