JeanneCrain

Unable to request movie

7 posts in this topic

While being logged in...went to recommend movie section, which didn't recognized that I was already logged in thus requiring me to log in again - attempted to log in as required at this section but couldn't.

Please investigate and repair.

What platform are you using to access WatchTCM? Roku, Android or Apple iStore app? Through the internet on a browser? I'm not familiar with a "recommended movie" section on any of these platforms. Are you going to the section that is titled "FILMS" within 'WatchTCM?' There is strange things going on with the service, as the films to be made available on WatchTCM have not been updated for three days; the last film to be posted was "Cover-Up."

I see that the MODS are back to deleting posts again.
I earlier posted a couple of responses:

11 hours ago, joe paluka said:

I'm not familiar with a "recommended movie" section...
There is strange things going on with the service, as the films to be made available on WatchTCM have not been updated for three days; the last film to be posted was "Cover-Up."

Hi Joe, I think that Jeanne was refering to the Suggest A Movie board...
http://www.tcm.com/suggest-a-movie/index.html?ecid=subnavsuggestamovie

11 hours ago, joe paluka said:

I hope that TCM staff see this, what IS going on

I also suggested that Joe shouldn't "hold his breath" while waiting for someone at TCM to come to the rescue as the only TCM staff likely to read any of these posts were the Moderators, and they have an "anemic" history of helping to resolve any of these issues, (i.e. slow to no WATCH TCM ON-DEMAND movie "updates", etc.). 

Apparently though ("weak" as they are) they are still "strong enough" to press a delete key. 
Thanks for illustrating the validity of my point.
Too bad he/she can't utilize that energy in forwarding these concerns to someone "on-high" at TCM, rather than just delete and ignor them. Perhaps they think that this is just "fake news" eh.

BTW, you are aware that rather than delete an entire post (or thread), you can just "edit" out the part that offends you. :rolleyes:

Hmm Stephan, I would be very interested to know what you were trying to point out that was removed. Any chance you could attempt to re-post your thoughts herein (or had you covered it, above)? Thanks!

Stephen, I did follow that link and figured out the OP's intention: to 'recommend' to TCM a movie to show (thank you), I thought initially she was saying there was an area to find recommendations of movie you'd want to possibly watch on TCM or elsewhere that would be of interest to one's particular tastes. What she really meant more specifically was the "Suggest A Movie" section.  Hey, not difficult to be confused; it's a big, rugged world out there. :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joe paluka said:

Hmm Stephan, I would be very interested to know what you were trying to point out that was removed. Any chance you could attempt to re-post your thoughts herein (or had you covered it, above)? Thanks!

Sorry Joe, had I known that the Mods would again resort to such pettiness I might have saved a copy of those posts.
No, the last post wasn't a verbatim reiteration of the deleted one, but apparently whatever I originally said that was found to be so "offensive" wasn't repeated... but only tomorrow will tell, eh!
BTW another post of mine related to the same "problems" was also deleted in another related thread on these boards.
My conclusion is that the Mods here simply "Can't......

giphy.gif
Let's see how long this post remains.... :rolleyes: