Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Has the Guest Programmer series been discontinued?

9 posts in this topic

There are no guest programmers scheduled yet in 2019. Nobody for January (February never has guest programming because of the Oscar marathon), and nobody for March. Does it mean they are doing away with this idea?

• Thanks 2

I hope the guest programmer series hasn’t been discontinued.  Because I would really love for Ben Mainkawitz to have Mel Brooks.  Kermit The Frog again.  Of course Robert Osbourne had him the very first time in 2007 and Tim Allen as a guest programmer sometime.  If they still don’t have January and March announced?  Maybe that’s a good question for Scott McGee and Gary Freedman in March.  But why don’t we keep our fingers crossed first before you submit?

I absolutely go stir crazy when someone spells Robert Osborne incorrectly.  I know, I know, I need to get out more often.

• Haha 1

For crying out loud, now I see Ben Mankiewicz is also spelled wrong!  I wouldn't mind so much if you misspelled "Ben" as "Ban" since it sometimes seems the boy could use a vigorous dose of deodorant.  Just kidding, just kidding

• Like 1

I've never seen one of these, myself. Sure, I've seen O-Zone interview various stars but don't even know what a guest programmer might do if one ever appeared before my rapt gaze.

Guests, first of all, are humble, mild mannered, and well behaved (see Ben for counter example, again just kidding, the joke seems to fit Ben though, actually something he might say)  :)  Most of the guests (especially the ones who don't make it too obvious they're reading off a teleprompter) offer fresh perspective, and insight.  I like Ben because it appears he often writes his own scripts (or at least makes changes that suit his style well)  . . . he's just on too much lol Go Ben Go

I realized the reason they didn't have guest programmers in January or March is probably because they're doing a big thing in April with fan programmers, to celebrate TCM's 25th anniversary.