Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

The Dancing Pirate.

1 post in this topic

I had found out that the 3 color technicolor print of 1936, the first musical feature in 3 color Technicolor, the dancing pirate was found in 2015. It was fixed up and H.D, also It's own by William Wade and films around the world. That at the time they were looking for a distributor. Then I saw at the t.c.m. shop that the DVD version of the film was being distrusted by reel vault. the date of release coincided with a few months after the 3colo version was restored. I had assumed it was the restored version. Wrong it was the old cine color version, put out on VHS back in the '90s. Worst they advertised it as the technicolor version. This is typical of the greed and selfishness of medium. a big distributor of classic films t.c.m warner home video, twilight video, won't distribute this classic because the actors in it are less big stars. Thank the deregulation of the Jimmy Carter legacy has destroyed the integrity and honest on medium and big corporate distribute of classic films since this movie would only make them profit in the long runs and rating too. They got to have it now. Worst  Lower end Reel vault could have paid Willam wade and Films around the world and the Richard Rodger estate and hart estate for the upgrade and get it back from selling it by charging 14.95, but, either it's too expensive for them to pay all the fees or they don't find it worth it. The bigger companies are worst. You can thank deregulations for that. encouraging corporate arts, film entertainment to become selfish and greedy.