Sign in to follow this  
ClassicMovies_fan_chick

Gotta Dance: That's Entertainment I, II, III and That's Dancing!

3 posts in this topic

First off, just want to wish you all a Happy New Year and hopefully you all had a Merry Christmas as well.

I was happy to see that to ring in the New Year, TCM showed documentaries about  MGM musicals and dancing stars.

We got to see classic films like 'Singin' in the Rain' to commentary from Russian male dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov and the late Debbie Reynolds. 

Hear the behind-the-screen stories of from Lena Horne and Gene Kelly, among others.

The best part about these films, they also pay their respect and recognition to other popular and achieved films of the 70s and 80s.

Really, when they say it was a GOLDEN age, they really mean it. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClassicMovies_fan_chick said:

First off, just want to wish you all a Happy New Year and hopefully you all had a Merry Christmas as well.

I was happy to see that to ring in the New Year, TCM showed documentaries about  MGM musicals and dancing stars.

We got to see classic films like 'Singin' in the Rain' to commentary from Russian male dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov and the late Debbie Reynolds. 

Hear the behind-the-screen stories of from Lena Horne and Gene Kelly, among others.

The best part about these films, they also pay their respect and recognition to other popular and achieved films of the 70s and 80s.

Happy New Year to you as well. 

TCM has aired the three THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! films on New Year's Eve before. But I don't remember them airing the other one, THAT'S DANCING!, with them. Glad you enjoyed the line-up last night.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:53 AM, ClassicMovies_fan_chick said:

Happy New Year 🍾