Sign in to follow this  
JR33928

Geez I Just Can't Believe THIS Conspiracy Theory Is STILL Making The Rounds After 53 Years!

21 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, JR33928 said:

That was silly. Our beloved Paulie, the cute Beatle, survived 1966, but we have reason to believe that he was dead within 10 years in 1976 with the release of "Silly Love Songs".

For those who were not sure about his demise, that Assurance came with the 1982 release of " Ebony and Ivory " with Stevie Wonder. Being blind, Stevie didn't realize the hoax until it was too late and the record was number one.

But in our hearts and on our CD players, Paul will live forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

That was silly. Our beloved Paulie, the cute Beatle, survived 1966, but we have reason to believe that he was dead within 10 years in 1976 with the release of "Silly Love Songs".

For those who were not sure about his demise, that Assurance came with the 1982 release of " Ebony and Ivory " with Stevie Wonder. Being blind, Stevie didn't realize the hoax until it was too late and the record was number one.

But in our hearts and on our CD players, Paul will live forever.

Princess you wouldn't believe just how many recent videos showed on YT after stumbling across the video i posted.By recent,i mean videos no more than 2-3 years old and not old recycled videos either,but there's plenty of those too.

It's unbelievable to me there's ppl who still believe this silly old story,but judging by the number of newer videos i saw(but didn't watch),there must be at least a few ppl believing it.:laugh: :wacko:

51 minutes ago, JR33928 said:

Princess you wouldn't believe just how many recent videos showed on YT after stumbling across the video i posted.By recent,i mean videos no more than 2-3 years old and not old recycled videos either,but there's plenty of those too.

It's unbelievable to me there's ppl who still believe this silly old story,but judging by the number of newer videos i saw(but didn't watch),there must be at least a few ppl believing it.:laugh: :wacko:

Jr-- I think the Beatles are the biggest pop phenomenon in the 20th century.

Now kids that weren't even born in the 20th century know all about them from their parents.

I've seen the Beatles in person. And a few years back I saw this PBS special that even impressed me.

I can't remember what it was called--

but it was like a Beatles experience and these guys looked and sounded like the Beatles in terms of their singing- but of course Playing the music I could tell the difference but it was awfully good. And they kept it up through each era and evolution that The Beatles went through.

The audience was all ages.

Whatever people can get a hold of about the Beatles just still fascinates.

I heard "Come Together" on that radio yesterday and it doesn't sound dated at all.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Jr-- I think the Beatles are the biggest pop phenomenon in the 20th century.

Now kids that weren't even born in the 20th century know all about them from their parents.

whatever people can get a hold of about the Beatles just still fascinates.

I thought the Beatles "mystique" had pretty much worn off by now...guess i was wrong...i guess it's just my old bones telling on me.:lol::P

BTW my two fav albums are Sgt.Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour.:)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JR33928 said:

I thought the Beatles "mystique" had pretty much worn off by now...guess i was wrong...i guess it's just my old bones telling on me.:lol::P

BTW my two fav albums are Sgt.Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour.:)

I kind of stand out with this thought, being an old beatlemaniac, but I've never been particularly fond of Sgt Pepper, although there are several songs on there that are just out of this world.

As flimsily constructed Magical Mystery Tour is,  I've always still preferred it. I thought it was the best solo work for each  Beatle. One of the reasons I really loved it was because we were never allowed to see the movie over here in the late 60s because it was such a failure in the UK. Had I seen the movie then, I might have had a different opinion.

I just saw Magical Mystery Tour on the PBS maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Today I see it is unbelievably brilliant, but as a teenager I'm sure it would have been completely over my head and I probably would have thought it was--

as we used to say then--

quite grotty. 

Not knowing anything about the movie really except the weird storyline and the  bizarre photos, allowed me to concentrate on the music.

I agree with you about being old and tired of the whole thing at this point. I don't seek their music out anymore, but when I hear it I'm right back in the mid-sixties, I know every word and I always wait for Ringo's perfect drum slap or drum roll.

I don't like to knock the music of today's teenagers because I don't know anything about it,  and I'm sure there are some good groups around who can really play. But from what I hear at the gym, today's pop rock is monotonous,  monotone, mono- syllabic repetition that sounds more like a musical warm-up instead of a real song.

But every generation knows what speaks to them and what they can relate to. And I guess the Millennials are no different.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I kind of stand out with this thought, being an old beatlemaniac, but I've never been particularly fond of Sgt Pepper, although there are several songs on there that are just out of this world.

As flimsily constructed Magical Mystery Tour is,  I've always still preferred it. I thought it was the best solo...

I like those two albums the best because when they were new they struck me as being sooo spacey spooky other-worldly and psychedelic and i Really liked that. I could really get into that kind of music.When i hear most any of the tunes on either album i get to go right back to those times again(like you)and i still get chills hearing them.The spooky other-worldly-ness of some of the tunes still hits me hard and makes me feel like i'm standing at a window peering into another world or plane of existence...spooky and exciting!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JR33928 said:

I like those two albums the best because when they were new they struck me as being sooo spacey spooky other-worldly and psychedelic and i Really liked that. I could really get into that kind of music.When i hear most any of the tunes on either album i get to go right back to those times again(like you)and i still get chills hearing them.The spooky other-worldly-ness of some of the tunes still hits me hard and makes me feel like i'm standing at a window peering into another world or plane of existence...spooky and exciting!

Honestly, I never cared much for George Harrison's work, particularly those little Indian ditties. But his Blue Jay Way sounds about like what you're describing. That song is as good as anything the other two ever wrote.

The Fool on the Hill is so introspective and emphatic that it's hard to believe that Paul had that in him, but he must have because he also wrote Eleanor Rigby, didn't he?

But my favorite had to be I Am the Walrus. John Lennon's epic poem set to music. In Junior High School a girlfriend of mine bought John Lennon's book of poetry, "A Spaniard in the Works". John always wanted to write like Lewis Carroll  and I don't think people realize that he was a talented artist also like Lewis Carroll, illustrating his own books.

• Thanks 1

The Analogues are a group of Dutch musicians whose goal is to recreate live the sound of

the Beatles, concentrating on the albums that appeared after the Beatles stopped touring,

that is from Revolver on. They don't try to look like the Beatles, just to sound like them.

I have seen their live version of the Sgt. Pepper's album on YT and it is most excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I never cared much for George Harrison's work, particularly those little Indian ditties. But his Blue Jay Way sounds about like what you're describing. That song is as good as anything the other two ever wrote.

The Fool on the Hill is so introspective and emphatic that it's hard to believe that Paul had that in him, but he must have because he also wrote Eleanor Rigby, didn't he?

But my favorite had to be I Am the Walrus. John Lennon's epic poem set to music. In Junior High School a girlfriend of mine bought John Lennon's book of poetry, "A Spaniard in the Works". John always wanted to write like Lewis Carroll  and I don't think people realize that he was a talented artist also like Lewis Carroll, illustrating his own books.

I'm not as sophisticated as you when it comes to who wrote what or whose work is better.The only thing that matters to me is how the music makes me feel,don't care who wrote it...and when some tune or piece of music can make it seem as though i'm standing in a doorway peering into another dimension or other world and if i will take just one more step forward thru the doorway and i'll actually be in that other world,then That is Good music IMO.Those two albums,Sgt Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour are almost interdimensional at times and that's why i like them so much.:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

The Analogues are a group of Dutch musicians whose goal is to recreate live the sound of

the Beatles, concentrating on the albums that appeared after the Beatles stopped touring,

that is from Revolver on. They don't try to look like the Beatles, just to sound like them.

I have seen their live version of the Sgt. Pepper's album on YT and it is most excellent.

I have to say that I was most impressed with several of these numbers.

I would be curious to see what they'd do with the number one hits and the earlier stuff too.

But you're right, they do sound rather good.

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

+1  Those guys sound real good.

I have to say that I was most impressed with several of these numbers.

I would be curious to see what they'd do with the number one hits and the earlier stuff too.

But you're right, they do sound rather good.

They do concentrate on the later Beatles, but here is one of the early songs.

(I have the Magical Mystery Tour TV movie on an old VHS tape. The songs are 

good of course, but the movie isn't really top drawer, even in colour.)

1 hour ago, JR33928 said:

+1  Those guys sound real good.

They really work hard on getting things correct, down to the instruments, etc.

I happened to come across them while clicking around the net. They truly do

a wonderful job.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

a wonderful job.

I never liked the song Can't Buy Me Love that much but it works well in the movie. I think these Dutch musicians have got the musicianship of The Beatles on a high level.   But in terms of the rock and roll voices they just cannot compare there. It's funny I know Paul McCartney spent time with Little Richard in Hamburg and he really nailed that guy.

I didn't like the Dutch guy's take on Ringo at all. And I'm just guessing because that's my way, that

George Harrison would be the easiest one to copy vocally.

7 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

a wonderful job.

I think that tomorrow i'll have to look for them on YT,they're too good to pass over.:)

2 minutes ago, JR33928 said:

I think that tomorrow i'll have to look for them on YT,they're too good to pass over.:)

I don't know if you're a Bee Gee fan or not, but I am from the early 70s. And I've become addicted to the Barry Gibb Talk Show from SNL on YouTube-- with Jimmy Fallon as Barry and Justin Timberlake as Robin. If you don't find what you're looking for on YouTube, check out Hulu.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I never liked the song Can't Buy Me Love that much but it works well in the movie. I think these Dutch musicians have got the musicianship of The Beatles on a high level.   But in terms of the rock and roll voices they just cannot compare there. It's funny I know Paul McCartney spent time with Little Richard in Hamburg and he really nailed that guy.

I didn't like the Dutch guy's take on Ringo at all. And I'm just guessing because that's my way, that

George Harrison would be the easiest one to copy vocally.

Yes the vocals are not quite reproductions, though they come fairly close most of

the time. I just like the overall excellence of their renditions of these Beatles' songs.

When you see all the supporting musicians they have it's easy to see why the Beatles

were smart to stop touring. They even have a "fifth Beatle."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR33928 said:

Indeed. I know the complete Sgt. Pepper's is on YT and there are a lot of individual tunes

also available, mostly from the later albums. Holland's Phenomenal Pop Combo. :)