Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Elizabeth Warren pours a cold one – on image of authenticity

18 posts in this topic

Elizabeth Warren pours a cold one – on image of authenticity

Mike Dukakis had his tank helmet, John Kerry had his cheese steak and now Liz Warren has her beer. And once again, another Massachusetts pol with national aspirations stumbles to achieve the “A” word.

Not that “A-word.” I’m talking about “authenticity.”  It’s often been a problem for Bay State pols with an eye on the White House, in part because the rest of the country just doesn’t like us very much.

Don’t believe me? Ask a Patriots fan.

Having said that, nobody in American politics has experienced a collapse in authenticity like Liz Warren has. When you’re forced to take a DNA test to prove who you are, that’s bad.  When you take the DNA test … and fail it?

That’s Liz Warren.

And so what does Warren do?  She makes it worse by doing a live Instagram video of the multi-million-dollar Cambridge law professor poppin’ a brewski on New Year’s Eve.  “I’m gonna get me a beer,” she told the camera, before sittin’ down by the campfire, pattin’ her houndog on the head and sayin,’ “Fellas, it don’t get no better ’n this.”

Oh, wait — my bad. That was a TV commercial for Old Milwaukee.

Warren defenders are right that the beer story is petty. Unfortunately, it’s also on point. Warren is a fake. She talks about you, but it’s all about her.

Yesterday on MSNBC, for example, Sen. Warren announced that she’s “winding down” her joint fundraising committee and says candidates running for president should not take PAC money.

“I just mean that people should not be self-funding and they should not be funded from PACs from other billionaires,” Warren said. Instead, she argued, candidates should use grassroots fundraising to pay for their campaigns — including billionaires like Michael Bloomberg and Tom Steyer.

“Get out there, trust your message,” Warren told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

Of course, she says this after she’s shifted $12 million in previously collected Senate campaign cash into her new POTUS account. By the way, about 45 percent of that cash is not from small-dollar donors but from PACs, corporate interests and high-finance fat cats like Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Lavine of Bain Capital.

She should have jogged to McDonalds like Clinton did every day.

I heard Warren was drinking Michelob Ultra;  sounds elites to me.   

But at least she wasn't dressed up as an Indian!

Warren had this to say:

"This is about who the rules work for," Warren said. "We need to make change in this country. Not little, itty-bitty change. Not change at the margins. Not a nibble around the edges. Not even pass one good law here and one good law there. We need to make systemic change in this country."

I wonder if a majority of Americans want another President that is proposing radical change.    My guess is NO.  While this type of messaging may work well to win the Dem primaries,  it may backfire in the General.

I assume most voters want more of a return-to-normalcy instead of 'systemic change'  (since that is what Trump promised,  and in many ways delivered,,,  but ineffectively of course).

46 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume most voters want more of a return-to-normalcy

What's that?

Surely not  anything to do with the previous two Presidents prior to Trump?

That kind of "normalcy" us why America chose Bernie Sanders and/or Donald Trump as its best hopes.

16 hours ago, darkblue said:

What's that?

Surely not  anything to do with the previous two Presidents prior to Trump?

That kind of "normalcy" us why America chose Bernie Sanders and/or Donald Trump as its best hopes.

From an actual policy standpoint the phase is rather meaning less but from a 'can't we all get along' perspective I assume most Americans don't support the take-no-prisoner approach we have seen in DC.  The longest government shutdown in US history will only amp those type of feelings.

While campaigning on 'I'll work with the other party' is often just an empty phase,  in 2020 I believe it will go over better than 'I'm going to bring radical change, and refuse to compromise unless I get it'.

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The longest government shutdown in US history will only amp those type of feelings.

The shutdown is completely unnecessary. I can't think of a single valid reason why the Democrats are blocking the building of the southern border wall.

Not a single one.

In the end, it'll be their funeral. Americans in general can't help but see it's all political with the Demonrats.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darkblue said:

The shutdown is completely unnecessary. I can't think of a single valid reason why the Democrats are blocking the building of the southern border wall.

Not a single one.

In the end, it'll be their funeral. Americans in general can't help but see it's all political with the Demonrats.

I believe in the battleground states the shutdown will hurt Trump much more so than the Dem candidate.  (but hey,  I also believe Trump will be defeated in the GOP primary, so my predictions could be bogus).

The basic reasons are that Trump has changed his 'tune' way too many times as it relates to his 'wall' and enough voters have caught on.   Mexico was going to pay for it.  The wall was going to be solid concrete.  The wall was going to cover the entire southern border.   So while what the Trump admin is proposing now for 'border security' is fairly reasonable,  it isn't anything like what he told voters multiple times.  Enough voters will fault Trump for the shutdown in those battleground\purple states. 

As for the Dem party House and Senate candidates;   too early for me to say how the shutdown will impact these 'local' contest.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Mexico was going to pay for it.  The wall was going to be solid concrete.  The wall was going to cover the entire southern border. 

Picayune nitpicking. 

What Americans are gonna know is that Trump is the one President that got the job done - he got the border wall built.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a President in my entire life try so hard to deliver what he promised when he was campaigning.

Trump is way different. He means to do what's right for the country no matter how much the Establishment hates him for it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, darkblue said:

Picayune nitpicking. 

What Americans are gonna know is that Trump is the one President that got the job done - he got the border wall built.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a President in my entire life try so hard to deliver what he promised when he was campaigning.

Trump is way different. He means to do what's right for the country no matter how much the Establishment hates him for it.

There is no way a wall will be built by November 2020;  not even 10% of it.

12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

There is no way a wall will be built by November 2020;  not even 10% of it.

That's 1 year and 11 1/2 months till Dec.31 2020. The Army Corp of Engineers can build a great deal of wall in that time, if not the whole thing.

And anyway, who says it has to be completely built by any time in 2020? What's wrong with 2021 or 2022 for having the southern border sealed against sneaker-inners?

Any way you look at it, Trump is determined to solve this illegal crossing issue - and as far as I see - is the only President who has ever even tried.

• Thanks 1

I think many is taking the terminology "wall" too literally.  Imagination of what it will look like ran rampant - one even had a train on top of it.

QmRiHm4sczNEoxkHZ2L7A_RzqCjS_ad0c_pvdgcW

19 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I think many is taking the terminology "wall" too literally.  Imagination of what it will look like ran rampant - one even had a train on top of it.

QmRiHm4sczNEoxkHZ2L7A_RzqCjS_ad0c_pvdgcW

That train is moving in the wrong direction.   

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That train is moving in the wrong direction.   

Brownsville to San Diego in how many hours? <_<

150106172709-ca-rail-high-speed-1-cfb-fu

• Haha 1