misswonderly3

NOW I'M REALLY MAD ! ! !

157 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, GordonCole said:

Are you sure this was not a Bob Clark movie you saw that you then dreamt happened in real life?

Had to check out "Bob Clark" director, to see who you were referencing CG errr GC ;) ...
I have seen a few of his pic's, but honestly, what I wrote about (as mundane as it was) actually happened.

When I was a child I used to have repeat dreams. After awhile I began to question myself, "did I really have that very same dream before, or did I just dream that I had dreamt it before???"
That was when I first began to write my dreams down, along with the date. Then i assured myself that repeat dreams do occasionally happen (at least to some of us).

I am getting on, but I am still not to the point of confabulation. 
Of course now I am wondering, if I did genuinely confabulate, would I know the difference between reality and the confabulation???
Probably not, as the actual confabulators with whom I have had some experience were unable to discern between the two.

So, for clarification (and without referencing my journals for precision), I feel pretty sure that what I wrote about actually happened. ^_^

On 1/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, GordonCole said:

Stephan,

TSER!

Her loss...

TSER???

What does TSER mean?  Hmmmm

Trans Student Educational Resources
   Community, Educational

Trans Student Equality Resources

Targeted Socio-Economic Research Programme (EU)

Test Suite Execution Record (International Business Machines Corporation)

Trigeminal Somatosensory Evoked Response (neurology)

"time served" (legal)

Telecommunications Service Entrance Room

Targeted Socio-Economic Research
    Technology, Projection, Education

Two Stage Entity-Relationship (data modeling)

Total Solar Energy Rejected
 Total Solar Energy Reduction
    Film, Technology, Window

eTravelserve.com, Inc.
    Organizations

Testosterone
    Medical

Thymidylate Synthase Enhancer Region
    Medical

Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle (stun gun)

Theoretical Studies and Engineering Research

Transportation Safety Evaluation Report
Transportable Space Evaluation Resource
    Science

5 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

Had to check out "Bob Clark" director, to see who you were referencing CG errr GC ;) ...
I have seen a few of his pic's, but honestly, what I wrote about (as mundane as it was) actually happened.

When I was a child I used to have repeat dreams. After awhile I began to question myself, "did I really have that very same dream before, or did I just dream that I had dreamt it before???"
That was when I first began to write my dreams down, along with the date. Then i assured myself that repeat dreams do occasionally happen (at least to some of us).

Of course now I am wondering, if I did genuinely confabulate, would I know the difference between reality and the confabulation???
Probably not, as the actual confabulators with whom I have had some experience were unable to discern between the two.

So, for clarification (and without referencing my journals for precision), I feel pretty sure that what I wrote about actually happened. ^_^

Sigmund_Freud_1926+copy.png

"Ah, zis is a goot start, Stephan! Zo, ven you are hafing zees dreams, do you alzo vecall za deeper feelings und emotions you are experiencing at za time?"

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, CinemaInternational said:

Was it just me, or looking at first glance on the TCM schedule for April, aside from a retrospective new special about Private Screenings and a few Saturday morning cartoons and possibly the Saga of Gosta Berling,

the month was completely devoid of premieres?

Geez, are they getting cheap, lazy or just complacent??

(so what's happening to all the $$ from the wine club, Backlot, festivals and Fathom showings??)

:wacko:

- wonder how long THIS post will last?  ;)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

- wonder how long THIS post will last?  ;)

Not sure about the post, but I've a feeling that this thread could go on forever.... B)
Perhaps not in specific relationship with the OP's purpose (after all, SansFin's post pretty well answered her original query a while back), but, as somebody around here is always "mad" about something or other (relating to TCM), this could become the "go-to" thread for all of us "generic" complainers. :rolleyes:
Sorta like Speedy's "I Just Watched" thread (in a different sense of course).  ;)

• Haha 2

On 1/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, Stephan55 said:

TSER???

What does TSER mean?  Hmmmm

Trans Student Educational Resources
   Community, Educational

Trans Student Equality Resources

Targeted Socio-Economic Research Programme (EU)

Test Suite Execution Record (International Business Machines Corporation)

Trigeminal Somatosensory Evoked Response (neurology)

"time served" (legal)

Telecommunications Service Entrance Room

Targeted Socio-Economic Research
    Technology, Projection, Education

Two Stage Entity-Relationship (data modeling)

Total Solar Energy Rejected
 Total Solar Energy Reduction
    Film, Technology, Window

eTravelserve.com, Inc.
    Organizations

Testosterone
    Medical

Thymidylate Synthase Enhancer Region
    Medical

Tom Swift and His Electric Rifle (stun gun)

Theoretical Studies and Engineering Research

Transportation Safety Evaluation Report
Transportable Space Evaluation Resource
    Science

Totally Scintillating Enjoyed Reading

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GordonCole said:

Totally Scintillating Enjoyed Reading

After all my "research" who would have guessed???
Ahhh, I know that you just made that up. ^_^
But thanks CG errr GC, you know a little encouragement goes a long way with me. ;):)

• Haha 1

Thanks for making me ambi-sexual which is always nice. 

But I didn't just make that TSER acronym up now, though I did make it up when I posted it originally. Thought your exegesis deserved some complimentary words.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, hutz said:

the tcm programmers appear to be trolling us canadians slightly with a night of mountie films on april 30th

Oh nooo. Mountie movies are boring. And I wish Americans would lose this idea they have that half our population is riding around with big goofy looking hats and red coats. Even the actual RCMP only does that on ceremonial occasions.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

Oh nooo. Mountie movies are boring. And I wish Americans would lose this idea they have that half our population is riding around with big goofy looking hats and red coats. Even the actual RCMP only does that on ceremonial occasions.

I'd like to see a film version of Little Mary Sunshine, which poked fun at operettas and certain stereotypes, like the one you mention of the RCMP. Great score.

19870508_Little_Mary_Sunshine2221.jpg.pr

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I'd like to see a film version of Little Mary Sunshine, which poked fun at operettas and certain stereotypes, like the one you mention of the RCMP. Great score.

19870508_Little_Mary_Sunshine2221.jpg.pr

Wait! They're not singin' "Springtime for Trudeau and Canada" here are they???

(...does Mel Brooks know about this???)

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

Oh nooo. Mountie movies are boring. And I wish Americans would lose this idea they have that half our population is riding around with big goofy looking hats and red coats.

When Canadians drop their reflexive anti-Americanism, Americans will drop their stereotypes of Canada.

• Sad 1

I think of that Canadian skit too sans.

13 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

Even the actual RCMP only does that on ceremonial occasions.

Ah but I so love the Musical Ride!

And I absolutely love that Canadians speak slower, and think it sounds more intelligent, thoughtful. Here in NY (even upstate) I find myself speaking like the charactors in His Gal Friday. Especially awful on the phone.

No wonder I drink, it helps slow me down.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fedya said:

When Canadians drop their reflexive anti-Americanism, Americans will drop their stereotypes of Canada.

Yeah, well, I think that's all about to change now, Fedya.

(...guess you didn't hear that this was one of the new provisions included in the NAFTA renegotiations) ;) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fedya said:

Yous'll have to grow up first.

• Haha 2

Hello, Can I say I am new to this Forum and since I am also located in Canada (North America) I know exactly what misswonderly3 is talking about. I feel your pain!

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, GordonCole said:

But I didn't just make that TSER acronym up now, though I did make it up when I posted it originally. Thought your exegesis deserved some complimentary words.

Thanks for the "Tea & Sympathy" (even if facetious). 
I am almost gullible enough to want to believe such kind words, but "Totally Scintillating" is way too much, and gave away the jest.  :rolleyes:

On 1/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, GordonCole said:

Thanks for making me ambi-sexual which is always nice. 

Ahhh, you far overestimate my very limited powers over nature and nurture... ;)

On 2/2/2019 at 8:44 AM, Fedya said:

Fedya, that's just dumb. And Americans have stereotypes of lots of different nationalities, whether they're "anti-American" or not. And that Simpsons clip is not only much more stupid than the hapless supposedly Canadian character it's depicting, it's not even accurate...of all the silly stereotypes about Canadians, I've never heard that one of them is we're "slow".

• Like 3

Oh my goodness! This is so sad to see on a site dedicated to discussions about movies. How/Why did this happen? How did we get here talking about "anti-Americanism, & stereotypes of Canada"?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

A wise man once observed that, "Americans always need someone to hate"

• Sad 1

Just remember, when you point a finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you.

So, MissWonderly3, all you need to do is watch CNN, and realize just how lucky you really are.

You don't have to deal with these people.

stateoftheunion.jpg.d4d15cb472b3656e34411d665268084c.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lolly said:

Oh my goodness! This is so sad to see on a site dedicated to discussions about movies. How/Why did this happen? How did we get here talking about "anti-Americanism, & stereotypes of Canada"?

Read the book: Everything Trump Touches Dies. He infects everything and lowers the discourse.

• Thanks 1