Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

yes, climate change is a fact

24 posts in this topic

five and a half months ago it was warm and balmy and now..well..today we got 5 inches of snow, a cold wind is blowing and there are icicles hanging from my balcony railing...

we need global warming. it's easy to be against it when you live in California.

let the people decide...

:(

Image result for antarctica

or

:D

Image result for rio de janeiro jesus

important news bulletin...

I just put on my genuine leather indian moccasin slippers because me dogs is cold.

this weekend a big coastal storm for the eastern seaboard with plenty of those byproducts of the deepening greenhouse effect....

rain & snow.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Image result for antarctica weather

As reported on the BBC this morning sea levels may end up rising 90 feet as ice in Antarctica is now melting at a whopping 300% faster rate than only a few decades ago.  This last time the Earth has such sea levels was hundreds of millions of years ago.   The change here is has got any timeline beat.  If you are not ancient you might wish to think about a mountain property.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah for accurate and astute data-driven analysis of global climate trends, I am gonna lend an ear to what numbskulls sitting in their armchairs in Kansas think about it, as they watch local forecasts on TV. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Whether you call it "global warming" "climate change" or "climate chaos",you won't understand what's going on w/o reading this.Not fake news,not from an unvetted source,not alt right propaganda,this now declassified report might help to understand why we're seeing such dramatic weather chaos.Read it and think what you will.

WEATHER AS A FORCE MULTIPLIER:OWNING THE WEATHER IN 2025

First presented in June 1996,technologies that were partly theoretical then are for the most part reality now.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a333462.pd

• Haha 2

:rolleyes:

There’s Snow on TV, so Trump’s Tweeting About Climate Change

Alas, a brief cold spell does not undo decades of scientific fact.

"........Unfortunately, even as New York has occasionally been blasted with frozen precipitation, the world has kept warming. The past four years have been the four warmest years on record—a fact that NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration were due to announce this past week, were the government not shut down. Earlier this winter, Washington, D.C., experienced a shocking 22 days of above-average temperatures, and the Northeast as a whole saw a balmy January. President Trump did not seize that opportunity to affirm that global warming was real.

The simple, tedious fact is that two things can be true at the same time: The world’s average temperature can be clearly and dangerously increasing, and it can still snow sometimes in the northeastern United States.....

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/01/its-cold-so-trump-is-doubting-climate-change/580885/

On 1/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, Sgt_Markoff said:

Yeah for accurate and astute data-driven analysis of global climate trends, I am gonna lend an ear to what numbskulls sitting in their armchairs in Kansas think about it, as they watch local forecasts on TV. :rolleyes:

Not everyone with an armchair in Kansas is a numbskull whatever insulting thing that is.

But with life being as it is, you can be assured that there are probably just as many of those kind of people if not more in every state and probably even where you live, in New York City.

Stereotyping isn't really very acceptable or very intelligent.

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Not everyone with an armchair in Kansas is a numbskull whatever insulting thing that is.

But with life being as it is, you can be assured that there are probably just as many of those kind of people if not more in every state and probably even where you live, in New York City.

Stereotyping isn't really very acceptable or very intelligent.

so the cold's getting to you too.

21 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

so the cold's getting to you too.

Nippy-- I lived in Chicago. I spent time in Montreal Quebec. And winter in Paris is horrible; people were freezing to death one year I was there.

Compared to that Kansas is no big deal. I was telling a kid the other day that there were never any snow days when I was in school. If it snowed you walked or you got in the car because there were chains on the tires.

People who walked to school would just leave all those wet clothes and something called galoshes in what they had called a cloakroom. Girls who wore pants to walk to school in the snow were told to leave the snow pants in the cloakroom and come out wearing their dress, jumper or blouse and skirt only, please.

Snow was almost always on the ground in December and January when I was in elementary school and it never stopped school.

Things are certainly different today.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Nippy-- I lived in Chicago. I spent time in Montreal Quebec. And winter in Paris is horrible; people were freezing to death one year I was there.

Compared to that Kansas is no big deal. I was telling a kid the other day that there were never any snow days when I was in school. If it snowed you walked or you got in the car because there were chains on the tires.

People who walked to school would just leave all those wet clothes and something called galoshes in what they had called a cloakroom. Girls who wore pants to walk to school in the snow were told to leave the snow pants in the cloakroom and come out wearing their dress, jumper or blouse and skirt only, please.

Snow was almost always on the ground in December and January when I was in elementary school and it never stopped school.

Things are certainly different today.

Pike county, Kentucky has a test  if schools closes or not.  Someone sticks their hand out the window and more than a couple of flakes hits...NO SCHOOL. :wacko:

(wouldn't understand unless you live nearby)

coldest temperatures in 20 years expected in the upper Midwest...

-40 below.

Image result for minnesota snowfall

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!

==========================================

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 3h3 hours ago

WEATHER ISN'T CLIMATE !

EVEN CHILDREN UNDERSTAND THIS

Climate Change, Not Border Security, Is the Real National Emergency

".........overwhelming scientific evidence says that climate change could take hundreds of millions of lives and trigger a global economic collapse in the next several decades, making anything we might recognize as human civilization physically impossible.

It’s not as if migration and climate are unrelated, either:

Climate change is poised to cause the largest mass migration in human history, as millions are forced to leave homes rendered uninhabitable by rising sea levels, unbearable heat, and declining crop yields.

Trump’s border and immigration policies, in other words, are climate policies, and efforts to restrict access to temperate parts of the world will be a defining political issue of the next century.......

Eighty-one percent of registered voters, an overwhelming majority, support a Green New Deal, and a record number of Americans are “very worried” about climate change.

If the will of voters were democratically weighted, climate action would be a bipartisan priority. But we live in an oligarchy, where extreme wealth depresses the popular will. .........

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/28/border-wall-national-emergency-climate-change/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!

==========================================

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 3h3 hours ago

WEATHER ISN'T CLIMATE !

EVEN CHILDREN UNDERSTAND THIS

NOAA Climate.govVerified account @NOAAClimate

DyFkxmaU8AQcZG2.jpg

Question, how come none of the VERY LOUD climate-change deniers on this obscure internet backwater ever mention the giant swirling collections of garbage in the centers of both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

Is it because that's too much evidence ...of man drastically altering the environment for the worse?

Is it because (unlike looking out at the plastic suction-cup thermometer mounted to your window and reporting 'this winter seems as cold as it always is' )...you can't just rattle off irrelevant nonsense to contradict, deflect, or dismiss it?

Nevermind, I'm not interested in whatever your answer happens to be. What am I even doing wasting my breath on such ...flibbertygibbets...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Question, how come none of the VERY LOUD climate-change deniers on this obscure internet backwater ever mention the giant swirling collections of garbage in the centers of both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

Is it because that's too much evidence ...of man drastically altering the environment for the worse?

Is it because (unlike looking out at the plastic suction-cup thermometer mounted to your window and reporting 'this winter seems as cold as it always is' )...you can't just rattle off irrelevant nonsense to contradict, deflect, or dismiss it?

Nevermind, I'm not interested in whatever your answer happens to be. What am I even doing wasting my breath on such ...flibbertygibbets...

Plastic trash pollution is a different issue. Nobody seems to care when buying bottled garden hose.

Nestle.jpg

0*STqseAD8XwwimX17

I always drink tap, nothing's wrong with it!