shannon

Although many may detest Bill 0'reilly he still has a coule movie tipbits yu fans may enjoy, or not?

6 posts in this topic

I reckon-(to quote both *COOP & *CLINT) many on here at this late date know whom tv & radio &books-(some strong books too folks, especially if your a history buff such s myself) & I';m well aware Mr. 0'Reilly-(another of my fellow countrymen) is loathed to his mostly-(but not all) right wing politics. But, now in our current political climate  is now more middle of the road vs. the likes o0f a Sean Hannity,etc-(P,S, This RiverShannon "MICK"heck it out online if you don';t believe me on SHANNON as my name & growing in this country. Just punch in THE RIVer Shannon in IRELAND, it's by far largest in that Emerald Isle  & for us all-time beloved 1952 "THE QUIET MAN"Reublic) also mention it at least ince. No matter, point being, Bill often blurts out his favs on THE SILVER SCREEEN & *BRANDO is his main man.(sorry to say it another IRISH in *MARLON), He & Iagree on our all-time favorite film *THE GODFATHER-(though "KANE" is still rightly called thee greatest! What got me thinking about this post was his proclamation months ago & I know where Bill got it, previous evening he watch a DVD cncert 1970's "ELVIS:THAT'S THE WAY IT IS" a 2 disc& TREMENDOUS docu on "THE KING"-(no, not *GABLE this time anyway) In Vegas, even CARY GRANT was on hand in the audience. All stars have their prime  *SINATRA mid to 1950's to 60 or so, dubbed his post Ava years at CAPITOL RECORDS. *BING 1940's,  ELVIS circa 1968 & I don't care what all insist, towards his end & despite the jokes of his wgt & drugs, he was more in volcano as a singer more then ever! Then theres my girl & I know many will cast their insults about her, she's an easytarget, beforeyou do don't go by her vids, records punch in on your computer her astonishingly 2 & 1/2hr concerts & she's like an "Enegizer Bunny" on any stage &speaks 5 languages! MADONNA (Louise) CICCONE-(l958-)  I almost agree wuith Bill on his analysuis though-(P.S. Going against the grain because I know a couple ladies personally &especially my mother of whom idolize "THE KING OF ROICK & ROLL" Heck, he's my #2 all-time favo singer, only after MAGGIO. BUT, as far as stage Mr.0'reilly you';ve not obviously yet seen this little 5'3 inch blonde Italian Girl from Detroit area on stage yet    THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME!   OOPS, just for a fun comparison on cinema Louise's fav movies are as follows>"TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD"-(now starting to be picked on already as RASCIST???" *"E. Patient" & the timeless 195l"A place in the Sun"      ALSO SORRY FOR TCM EDITING ON THIS LONG POST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed your pronouncements on the value of Marlon, Elvis and Madonna but I must warn you never to read any books by Bill O'Reilly about historical moments like the Kennedy Assassination or other things.

What Bill doesn't know about such moments in history could not only fill a book but probably a whole Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GordonCole said:

Enjoyed your pronouncements on the value of Marlon, Elvis and Madonna but I must warn you never to read any books by Bill O'Reilly about historical moments like the Kennedy Assassination or other things.

What Bill doesn't know about such moments in history could not only fill a book but probably a whole Funk and Wagnalls Encyclopedia.

Yeah, but as you know Gordie, the ol' blowhard is sure makin' a whole lot of money "re-imagining" historical events, anyway.

And most recently such as that little "fable" he wrote about how George Patton was "murdered".

(...yep, say what ya want about the guy, but he's at least smart enough to know that there will always be an audience, and seemingly an ever growing one lately, for conspiracy theories)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 12:39 AM, Dargo said:

Yeah, but as you know Gordie, the ol' blowhard is sure makin' a whole lot of money "re-imagining" historical events, anyway.

And most recently such as that little "fable" he wrote about how George Patton was "murdered".

(...yep, say what ya want about the guy, but he's at least smart enough to know that there will always be an audience, and seemingly an ever growing one lately, for conspiracy theories)

Right you are about Bill seeing dollar signs in all his ludicrous enterprises. I liked him so much better when he was almost youngish and on Inside Edition, especially when that old tape of him having a major meltdown on the set was going around.

Poor old Patton. First he has to deal with the aftermath of his berating some soldier as a sissy, and then his life is scrutinized by Bill O'Reilly. Old soldiers not only die, and fade away like MacArthur but their carcass keeps getting unearthed continually for more scandals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GordonCole said:

Right you are about Bill seeing dollar signs in all his ludicrous enterprises. I liked him so much better when he was almost youngish and on Inside Edition, especially when that old tape of him having a major meltdown on the set was going around.

Poor old Patton. First he has to deal with the aftermath of his berating some soldier as a sissy, and then his life is scrutinized by Bill O'Reilly. Old soldiers not only die, and fade away like MacArthur but their carcass keeps getting unearthed continually for more scandals.

image.jpeg.277bcf6414513d5285c4718dfcbb57b1.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

image.jpeg.277bcf6414513d5285c4718dfcbb57b1.jpeg

Gawd, I love that scene from Office Space with Gary Cole. First time I ever saw him was in the movie about the Green Beret murderer, Jeffrey MacDonald and he is superb in tragedy, comedy or whatever. Didn't they have something in that movie about TP Meetings or what was the acronym they used? Second best scene is when Jennifer Aniston gets in trouble at her Friday's-like restuarant for not wearing enough "flair" buttons and crapola on her outfit as she waits on patrons. Hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us