Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

Indian Activists Lied and Fake News Media Helped Them

27 posts in this topic

Just now, HIGHWAY said:

The Attorney, Sara Houska doesn't want to see any other point of view that may show she's wrong.

Just like every other NPC on earth.

30 minutes ago, HIGHWAY said:

The Attorney, Sara Houska doesn't want to see any other point of view that may show she's wrong.

https://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson/watch/organizer-of-indigenous-peoples-march-responds-to-viral-video-1429414979995?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

I did get that impression watching NBC Nightly News. they have their narrative and aren't interested in anything Nick Sandmann had to say.

I mean the guy's right up in sandmann's face banging a drum but sandmann just keeps his cool and keeps right on smiling. the msm couldn't even wait a measly 24 hours to get the actual story?

23 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Exit Sandmann.

Mrs. Sandmann is all over the British tabloids.

You know it's always the mother that comes into question when there's ever any issue about the children. LOL

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Mrs. Sandmann is all over the British tabloids.

You know it's always the mother that comes into question when there's ever any issue about the children. LOL

Siggy strikes again. I was reminded of Charles Sandman, a Congressman from New Jersey who

was one of Nixon's most vocal defenders on the House Judiciary Committee during Watergate.

John PavlovitzVerified account @johnpavlovitz 6h6 hours ago

Look at these nice, misunderstood peacemakers, screaming "Maga"

and calling young women "****."

#MAGA #CovingtonCatholic @FoxNews

=====================================

linds @roflinds

The Covington Catholic boys harrassed my friends and I before the incident with Nathan Phillips even happened.

I'm tired of reading things saying they were provoked by anyone else other than their own egos and ignorance 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last thing, for people wondering what they yelled, all we specifically heard was "MAGA", "Build the Wall",

and some people say they hear "****" at the end of the video 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Father Edward BeckVerified account @FrEdwardBeck 9h9 hours ago

My feelings about the #CovingtonBoys are unchanged since the first reporting and viewing many different videos.

The boys acted inappropriately and chaperones should have intervened.

And boys should not have been permitted to wear MAGA hats if they were representing the school.

Kerry PicketVerified account @KerryPicket
Hey, Father, are you more concerned about your CNN contract than the truth of the matter? https://twitter.com/FrEdwardBeck/status/1087488092166975488 

Direct message

Trump hating media ignores what came first....

Black Hebrew Israelites group  had been taunting and shouting hateful things at the teens for no apparent reason other than their professed fandom of President Trump.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/longer-video-casts-new-light-on-native-american-taunting-controversy/

Leave it up to the left wing media to tell HALF the truth! (that is their spin on it)

Report: Black Hebrew Israelites confronting Covington Catholic students a 'hate group'

https://www.fox19.com/2019/01/22/report-black-hebrew-israelites-confronting-covington-catholic-students-hate-group/

TFQFRXHVHVFKDERYEKZWI6NZBM.JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUki59bi5Mvm5Ss6PRhfU

Screen+Shot+2018-11-14+at+7.37.07+PM.png

HAM posted:

"Black Hebrew Israelites group  had been taunting and shouting hateful things at the teens for no apparent reason other than their professed fandom of President Trump."

:rolleyes:  Yeah.  My Mother taught me that it's WRONG to treat any unfortunately inflicted people badly.  "After all..."  she said, "They CAN'T HELP the way they are!"  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

HAM posted:

"Black Hebrew Israelites group  had been taunting and shouting hateful things at the teens for no apparent reason other than their professed fandom of President Trump."

:rolleyes:  Yeah.  My Mother taught me that it's WRONG to treat any unfortunately inflicted people badly.  "After all..."  she said, "They CAN'T HELP the way they are!"  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

Can't help they're bigoted against white Jews and other whites regardless.

Plus GAYS regardless of race.

More double standards. :angry:

Hate movement against whites, Jews, gays new focus of DC video clash

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/01/23/black-hebrew-israelites-catholic/2645464002/

Main stream media can't OBSCURE this for long!

• Thanks 1

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/nathan-phillips-is-full-of-it/

Nathan Phillips Is Full of It

David highlights this section from CNN’s interview with Nathan Phillips:

Phillips: Oh, what I was witnessing was just hate? Racism? Well, hate. What I’m saying is that when these folks came there, these other folks were saying their piece, and these others they got offended with it because they were both just expressing their own views. And if it’s racism, that’s what it was because the folks that were having their moment there, they were saying things that I don’t know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn’t see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile. And that’s now what I was feeling.

This is just garbage. There’s no other word for it. It’s garbage. Almost every constituent part is vague, sub-literate, open-ended nonsense. “Saying their piece.” “Expressing their own views.” “Having their moment.” “Saying things.” These are descriptions that could apply as equally to Abraham Lincoln as to Benito Mussolini. They’re meaningless. What silliness we put up with on television.

Then we reach the cherry on top:

I don’t know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn’t see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile. And that’s now what I was feeling.

The “them” in this paragraph is the Black Israelites. The people who “couldn’t see it” are the students at whom the Black Israelites were shouting. And the “some of it,” which Phillips believed was “educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies,” is an endless string of abuse and bile. As Robby Soave of Reason notes:

They call them crackers, faggots, and pedophiles. At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word and tell him that his friends are going to murder him and steal his organs. At the 1:25 mark, they complain that “you give faggots rights,” which prompted booing from the students. Throughout the video they threaten the kids with violence, and attempt to goad them into attacking first.

Other choice insults that were lobbed at the Covington students — and anyone who had the misfortune of passing by — included “a bunch of incest babies,” “dirty **** little crackers” and “****.”

Phillips complains that the students “couldn’t see it.” Rather, they

had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile.

As opposed to what?

34 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Nathan Phillips Is Full of It

Just like all the NPC's in the world.

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

Can't help they're bigoted against white Jews and other whites regardless.

Plus GAYS regardless of race.

More double standards. :angry:

Hate movement against whites, Jews, gays new focus of DC video clash

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/01/23/black-hebrew-israelites-catholic/2645464002/

Well, in a way.....

Mom WAS mostly referring to the MENTALLY inflicted.  ;)  ( like it's wrong to call them "REE-tards" and make fun of them and such..  ;)  ).

Sepiatone

Portraying the MAGA Teens as Victims Is an Extension of Native American Erasure

Concern from both liberal and conservative media outlets shifted from confronting the issue of Indigenous erasure

— why were Native people marching in D.C. in the first place?

— to defending the innocence of white youth.

........ but the Indigenous Peoples March offered a moment of hope: The issues that matter to Native people were put front and center in a show of solidarity. The odds may be daunting, but our communities showed that they’re coming together to fight — with a watchful eye on history and a necessary glance toward the future. .........

the last time there was a nationwide spotlight on Native rights of this magnitude was during Standing Rock in 2016, and the last time that thousands of Native people and their allies marched on Washington, D.C., was in March 2017 — to protest Trump’s escalated attack on Native sovereignty and lands. Native elders like Phillips have been a part of these movements at least since the 1970s. ......

In the face of hostility, Phillips sang the American Indian Movement song, known as the “Raymond Yellow Thunder Song” in honor of the Oglala elder brutally murdered by white vigilantes in February 1972. .........

I remember being told, “Go back to where you came from!” by a white woman outside Los Angeles International Airport when I marched against Trump’s Muslim ban. I remember seeing my Native friends spat on by MAGA hat-wearing white men at a Trump rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I remember white men shouting, “Go back to the reservation!” at water protectors holding a prayer circle in a mall in Bismarck, North Dakota. ........

The fault, however, is not with the individual acts of one white kid; it lies with how this story was told and how it has obfuscated a movement and history. That was the greatest loss in this tale: This episode being twisted in order to reverse and then ignore the larger narrative. .......

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/24/covington-maga-hat-native-american/

Lesson plan: Covington Catholic incident through a media literacy lens

".......What are the news headlines about? Who did the journalists interview? What did you learn about the events?

5a. Choose at least three other news outlets from a variety of perspectives and put the search terms in question #4 into an internet search engine (suggestions: Fox News, Indian Country Today, Washington Post, Democracy Now!, Wall Street Journal). How many stories do you see? What are the news headlines about? Who did the writer interview? How many direct quotes are incorporated into the story? Are multiple viewpoints included in the pieces?

Although it may take extra time to learn about an issue, why is it important to read a variety of news sources?.....

Context can help provide some understanding around an issue, but you would have to conduct a lot more research to get a fuller picture of a topic in history, like the American Indian Movement. One of the goals of media literacy is to spark a curiosity in people, so that they can ask more questions and go out in search of the answers.....

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/daily-videos/lesson-plan-covington-catholic-incident-through-a-media-literacy-lens/