GordonCole

Movies that won't be shown on TCM

87 posts in this topic

Sometimes one needs to know which films to buy up instantly, since they will never probably play on tv or at TCM. One I don't think would make it is Blind Beast [1969]. Directed by Yasuzo Masamura it is taken from a tale by noted horror author, Edogawa Ranpo, whose appreciation of Poe is noted even in his choice of pen name. The first story I ever read by Ranpo was called The Human Chair and to this day I still think it might be the creepiest thing I've ever read.

Recently Ranpo's tale on film, The Horrors of Malformed Men has also been released on dvd and I have a pretty good feeling it won't make it to TCM either.

Seems like Audition from 1999, won't see the light of day there either, but I could be wrong. Any other films which are too hot to handle for tv that you would buy up before they go out of print?

LETTY LYNTON (1932) won't ever air on TCM, because of an on-going rights issue.

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946) will never air on TCM, because NBC has the broadcast rights locked up.

SONG OF THE SOUTH (1946) won't air because it's too controversial.

The GODFATHER movies also will never air on TCM. 

STAR WARS (1977) has never aired on TCM and is probably too expensive to rent.

• Thanks 5

Runaway Nightmare Part IV - Because I made it and I ain't lettin' no one else see it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hibi said:

Probably any films tossed sometimes unfairly into the Sexploitation/Exploitation bin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Ten Commandments (1956) and The Sound of Music (1965) are both tied up by ABC. AMC has a stranglehold over The Godfather series and Miracle on 34th Street (1947).

And, among too tough to handle films, I emphatically remark that TCM will never air Cannibal Holocaust or Salo.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Probably any films tossed sometimes unfairly into the Sexploitation/Exploitation bin.

Why is my quote blank here? DId it get poofed? I dont even remember what I wrote!

11 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Why is my quote blank here? DId it get poofed? I dont even remember what I wrote!

I poofed it.

It was one of those old quotes that was saved and I couldn't delete the quote feature so I just deleted the now irrelevant content. 

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Runaway Nightmare Part IV - Because I made it and I ain't lettin' no one else see it.

What happened in Runaway Nightmare Part I, II, and III ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

What happened in Runaway Nightmare Part I, II, and III ?

Runaway Nightmare is available on disc. I didn't make that one. But it was so mind-numbingly awful that I was inspired to make several, totally-unrelated sequels. 

VS-042LTD_web.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

Runaway Nightmare is available on disc. I didn't make that one. But it was so mind-numbingly awful that I was inspired to make several, totally-unrelated sequels. 

VS-042LTD_web.jpg

The cover is hilarious! I suppose there is a reason that this is "Limited Edition." Haha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I got one....

Mark of the Devil

:o

Image result for mark of the devil film

What a sec here, Nip!

You see a thread with the title "Movies that won't be shown on TCM" and your FIRST post in it is that one up HERE???!!!

(...what, given up on that Shirley Booth flick have ya?!) 

;)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

The Ten Commandments (1956) and The Sound of Music (1965) are both tied up by ABC. AMC has a stranglehold over The Godfather series and Miracle on 34th Street (1947).

And, among too tough to handle films, I emphatically remark that TCM will never air Cannibal Holocaust or Salo.

Or Sweet Movie (1975).

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) has aired a number of times on TCM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dargo said:

What a sec here, Nip!

You see a thread with the title "Movies that won't be shown on TCM" and your FIRST post in it is that one up HERE???!!!

(...what, given up on that Shirley Booth flick have ya?!) 

;)

Talk about a missed opportunity! This is one of the few instances where griping about this is reasonable! 

• Like 1

Screen-Shot-2017-06-17-at-10.53.43-AM.pn

5538b.jpg

*** Spoiler Alert ***

The ship struck an iceberg a couple of feet tall. :lol:

Can't make this up, here's the scene....

33kes7p.jpg

• Thanks 1

Beau James (1957) and The Five Pennies (1959)  ---  2 great Paramount biopics from the late Fifties which TCM. for some reason, won't air.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I just transferred and uploaded the trailer to this 1940 Universal release. After going to NTA in the 1950's it has, apparently, returned to Universal. But my guess is that the studio only acquired a 25 year license on the property and it will be a cold day before we see it officially distributed.

• Thanks 1

Well obviously, despite them BEING "classics" in their own way, I don't see TCM showing either DEEP THROAT or BEHIND THE GREEN DOOR anytime soon.  ;)  :D

UNLESS of course, they start some sort of "TCM After Hours" internet "streaming" service.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 3

Silent movies outside of the relatively short list TCM has in rotation. There are probably reasons for this (the small audience for such movies, the effort necessary to license non-Turner library titles, the need to provide scores). But it's dismaying when TCM schedules Lilac Time (1928) only to quietly cancel it some time later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Well obviously, despite them BEING "classics" in their own way, I don't see TCM showing either DEEP THROAT or BEHIND THE GREEN DOOR anytime soon.  ;)  :D

UNLESS of course, they start some sort of "TCM After Hours" internet "streaming" service.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Hopefully the TCM Late Night opening doesn't take on a new meaning! 😮

• Haha 3