Sign in to follow this  
art3

TCM Huge Headache-w/ On Demand Service-Update TCM Replies

3 posts in this topic

Why is tcm on xfinity in both sd and hd option on demand coming in with a block box around the picture?! In 2016 this happened- and turned out tcm had been sending to comcast a error- hd format for sd option. I think its same issue- Ive sent messages to tcm online to no avail. Anyone else notice this? What else to do?! Hard to watch some movies size of a stamp.

UPDATE-TCM replied via my message to them via facebook, they say they are forwarding this issue to their team and to also alert comcast as well. Idk if they will really fwd the issue or not but that what the message states. hmmm

DSC04850.JPG

DSC04851.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, art3 said:

UPDATE-TCM replied via my message to them via facebook, they say they are forwarding this issue to their team and to also alert comcast as well.

Don't use "twitter," "facebook," or the like.
Just my old hotmail email account.
Well, I suppose that facebook "communication" is something (not sure exactly what without a follow-up), unless it was just a generic reply???:unsure:

Funny (in the bizarre sense), how they may reply to someone via these other forms of "social media" while they persistently ignore their own websites forum boards.... :wacko:

• Haha 1

Thanks, art3.  As an Xfinity customer, I'd noticed this as well.  When a film is broadcast on TCM, it fills the screen on my flat screen tv or it's shown with black bars on the upper and lower edges only.  Once the film is available through Xfinity's On Demand, the film is surrounded by black bars on all sides.  Picture size at the 4:3 ratio is postage stamp size, while the 16:9 ratio is a slightly larger postage stamp size.  Even zooming has black bars on the right and left side.  This is a recent change in Xfinity On Demand.  Thanks for sending the message to TCM.