Sign in to follow this  
FloydDBarber

Noir Alley

9 posts in this topic

Here I am complaining again about the omission of Noir Alley today.

Isn't this but a two hour spot and why must it disappear whenever there is a holiday weekend or special event?

Can't TCM show a Noir film in the usual spot even if Eddie Muller is on vacation or it is a holiday weekend?

It's only a two hour spot once a week (well, two with the midnight showing). 

I can't be the only one that feels this way. This is the last time I will formally complain about this.

Please forgive me.

15 minutes ago, FloydDBarber said:

Here I am complaining again about the omission of Noir Alley today.

Isn't this but a two hour spot and why must it disappear whenever there is a holiday weekend or special event?

Can't TCM show a Noir film in the usual spot even if Eddie Muller is on vacation or it is a holiday weekend?

It's only a two hour spot once a week (well, two with the midnight showing). 

I can't be the only one that feels this way. This is the last time I will formally complain about this.

Please forgive me.

Floyd, Eddie gets the primetime spot tonight at 8:00 PM ET. He's showing two movies.

Thanks. I have been so busy (I'm a musician among other activities) that I missed any announcement. Since I have a band rehearsal this evening I will have to schedule a DVR recording for tonight. Thanks for letting me know. I guess it's obvious that Noir is my favorite genre.

• Like 2

Yes, made it 'one of those mornings' didn't it ? No way to start the day. Yesterday I looked up what was scheduled for midnight (EST) and this mornings 'Noir Alley' and it wasn't the movie that was shown this morning. Freaked me out as I'm older and have memory problems. I'm running for the calendar, checking if today is really Sunday, questioning whether I had dreamed the title I thought I had read just yesterday in my guide (was it "L" something that was initially scheduled ?). 
I'm glad I checked here at least and found the answer. I didn't know about the 8 pm double feature tonight either.
What was the occasion for the swap anyhow ?

11 minutes ago, Mugs_Mahoney said:

What was the occasion for the swap anyhow ?

It's a case of TCM advertising for their sister stations. Yesterday and this morning on TCM was a spotlight of previous winners of the Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement award, as well as the newest honoree, Alan Alda. The SAG Awards are being televised tonight on TNT and TBS.

Meanwhile, tonight's primetime noir double feature, entitled "LA Noir", is also intended to be an advertisement for TNT's new noir-esque TV series I Am the Night, debuting tomorrow night.

BTW, tonight's primetime lineup will be the last Noir Alley programming until March, as the annual 31 Days of Oscar starts on February 1st, and that preempts all of the usual TCM shows for the 31-day stretch.

• Thanks 1

Glad I tuned in and found out that Noir Alley is taking the entire month of February off.

Like I said earlier it's only two hours a week for crying out loud.

I can sleep late on Sundays for a month.

It's just for Oscar month, won't it be back in March? Plus it gives the guy (sorry, forgot his name) time to research and track down more films and me a chance to actually watch the ones taped to my DVR. Meantime read some of the stories and books the films were based on? Plus, if you look at the upcoming schedule there are film noirs throughout, just not at the times we're accustomed to and without the appropriate introductions and epilogues.

51 minutes ago, FloydDBarber said:

How can there be a 31 days of Oscar in February when there is only 28 or 29 days in the month?

It carries over into the first week of March, as well.