Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

I Am The Night (2019 TNT sister channel Neo Noir)

86 posts in this topic

Yep, I'm still into it too. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched, but Chris Pine's performance and along with the rest of the cast is keeping me tuned in.

However, I had to wonder how the LAPD could afford to send all those cops to that restaurant and just to arrest one reporter, when it appeared the Watts Riots of 1965 were taking place???

(...wasn't that what you guys thought was happening too as Pine and the girl drove to that restaurant in that Ford Falcon of his?)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yep, I'm still into it too. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched, but Chris Pine's performance and along with the rest of the cast is keeping me tuned in.

However, I had to wonder how the LAPD could afford to send all those cops to that restaurant and just to arrest one reporter, when it appeared the Watts Riots of 1965 were taking place???

(...wasn't that what you guys thought was happening too as Pine and the girl drove to that restaurant in that Ford Falcon of his?)

That's what I was thinking, too.

I also questioned the use of the song "Dedicated to the One I Love" by The Mamas and the Papas. That wasn't released until a couple of years later. 

I liked the Mustang that Pine's character drove in Hawaii.

Image result for i am the night episode 5

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

That's what I was thinking, too.

I also questioned the use of the song "Dedicated to the One I Love" by The Mamas and the Papas. That wasn't released until a couple of years later. 

I liked the Mustang that Pine's character drove in Hawaii.

Image result for i am the night episode 5

Yeah, that Mustang convertible was sweet alright, jakeem. However, once again, and if what you and I were thinking that what we later saw after he and the girl returned to L.A. was supposed to a recreated Watt Riots of '65, the Mustang would also be a bit anachronistic to the plot.

You see, years ago I owned a red 1965 Mustang convertible, and so I know that the one Pine is shown driving in Hawaii is a 1966. There's not much of a difference between the '65 and the '66, but the quickest way to distinguish them apart would be the chrome accent piece that's positioned along the flanks of car just forward of the rear wheels.

(...loved that car, but always really wanted a Shelby Mustang GT350) 

• Like 2

I'm assuming it may be released on DVD at some point without commercial breaks. It may be an improvement in the overall viewing experience.

The show limped to a tepid, budget-limited conclusion last night. The main girl character, when finally unloading on her grandfather* Dr. Hodel, tells him that while he thinks he's making high art, he's just "boring, a cliche." I couldn't have described the show better myself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, LawrenceA said:

The show limped to a tepid, budget-limited conclusion last night. The main girl character, when finally unloading on her grandfather* Dr. Hodel, tells him that while he thinks he's making high art, he's just "boring, a cliche." I couldn't have described the show better myself.

21 hours ago, Solafide said:

Yup, completely fizzled out in the end.  

I'm about to watch this episode On Demand, but on the TNT web page it lists I Am The Night as having 28 episodes.

I'll revisit after I watch ciao for now. 😎

5 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Ok agree, it did kind of fizz out, but now I'm wondering about the rest of the supposed episodes.  

The On-Demand info you saw was wrong. Someone at mission control hit the wrong button. There were only ever going to be 6 episodes.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:08 PM, LawrenceA said:

I gave up on it after episode four.