Sign in to follow this  
Philip Muldoon

Tiffany Vasquez

242 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

So, Sans. Did you post that because you know I have a couple of Triumphs, and so would also know I've run into this very situation myself more than a few times? ;)

Btw, I've also recently purchased one of the new Indian motorcycles...

030316top-i.jpg

...and yeah, I've had a few people walk up to me to admire my bike and then ask me somethin' like, "So when did Harley start making Indian motorcycles again?" 

(...that's when I have to tell 'em somethin' like, "Ummm, no sorry. Harley never made Indian motorcycles. They were always two separate companies and competitors.")

I remember well a discussion which included Triumph motorcycles and that I posted a picture of Yulia Volodymyrivna Tymoshenko and you betrayed your fascination with motorcycles by seeing past the obvious and recognizing that she was aboard a motorcycle. I felt at the time that meant that you should have instantly lost your street cred as a red-blooded American boy but I realized that it was not appropriate for me to make such distinctions.

Have you seen the new accident-proof motorcycle?

nA1SluX.jpg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, SansFin said:

I remember well a discussion which included Triumph motorcycles and that I posted a picture of Yulia Volodymyrivna Tymoshenko and you betrayed your fascination with motorcycles by seeing past the obvious and recognizing that she was aboard a motorcycle. I felt at the time that meant that you should have instantly lost your street cred as a red-blooded American boy but I realized that it was not appropriate for me to make such distinctions.

Have you seen the new accident-proof motorcycle?

nA1SluX.jpg

LOL

And especially I would suppose, any and all nerds who might be dressed as either Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and/or Chewbacca while they're crossing the street to get to their convention.

(...OH and btw regarding the first part of your post here...leave us not forget here lady that SOME of us good red-blooded American boys have a hell of a lot more sophistication than to ride the ubiquitous Harley-Davidson motorcycle, OR for THAT matter, to drink that mass-produced American crap like Budweiser/Miller/Coors/etc that they loosely refer to as "beer"...among OTHER things, of course) ;) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dargo said:

Btw, I've also recently purchased one of the new Indian motorcycles...

030316top-i.jpg

I can just picture Dargo; silver hair streaming, flashing his big sparkling smile... wearing leather...riding that bike. Mmmmm, might forget all about William Shatner!

Haha, my grandfather ran an Indian dealership here in Syracuse. One of those Arcadia "local history picture" books includes a picture of him from our Historical Society archives.

I have a 30 year old t-shirt with the Indian logo small on the breast with a BIG graphic on the back from Springfield Mass. I don't wear t-shirts anymore, but can't get rid of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I can just picture Dargo; silver hair streaming, flashing his big sparkling smile... wearing leather...riding that bike. Mmmmm, might forget all about William Shatner!

Haha, my grandfather ran an Indian dealership here in Syracuse. One of those Arcadia "local history picture" books includes a picture of him from our Historical Society archives.

I have a 30 year old t-shirt with the Indian logo small on the breast with a BIG graphic on the back from Springfield Mass. I don't wear t-shirts anymore, but can't get rid of it.

I'd love to see that pic of your grandfather, Tiki. If it was of him standing in front of his old dealership, I'd post it over in the Indian motorcycle forum.

And btw, besides having all that "sophistication" I mentioned earlier, and unlike many of the Harley riders I see out there on the roads of Arizona, a non-mandatory helmet law state, I'm also smart enough to always wear my helmet while riding any of my motorcycles, and thus you'd never see my silver hair streaming in the breeze while on the road. ;)

(...one of those suckers once saved my noggin from some serious injury or worse about 23 years ago now, and after some kid pulled right out in front of me on my way to work at LAX while I was doin' about 45mph at the time...my helmeted head bouncing on the road surface pretty darn hard that day)

11 hours ago, Dargo said:

leave us not forget here lady that SOME of us good red-blooded American boys have a hell of a lot more sophistication than to ride the ubiquitous Harley-Davidson motorcycle, OR for THAT matter, to drink that mass-produced American crap like Budweiser/Miller/Coors/etc that they loosely refer to as "beer"...among OTHER things, of course) ;) 

I consider such things to be a mark of maturity which elevates a person out of the 'boy' category.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I consider such things to be a mark of maturity which elevates a person out of the 'boy' category.

Yep Sans, AND with this sort'a thing THEN usually be accompanied by the growing presences of the aforementioned "silver hair".

Well, THAT, or the onset of balding, of course.

(...guess I'm just lucky I'm experiencing the former here, huh) ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Arizona, a non-mandatory helmet law state, I'm also smart enough to always wear my helmet

Glad a helmet saved your life. I've been saved by a helmet too, maybe 5 years ago. My vision weirded out, but I'm still walking alive on this earth.

When first becoming a horse owner about 35 years ago, I was often the only person wearing a helmet every ride. It was like seatbelts-every riding academy makes you wear one, so you just get used to it anyway. 

Ugh I'll search out the photo. He's actually on a bicycle in a group, but somehow I also recall a photo of the sales lot, sans people. He sold washing machines there too! I live right around the corner from that historic section which once had a classic Sterling Diner and small dairy. The neighborhood movie palace survives. Grandpa's store was on the next lot that's now a gas station:

64257d0b322e56d948c44b551297207260729cf0

You can kind of see the station peeking out from the left above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Glad a helmet saved your life. I've been saved by a helmet too, maybe 5 years ago. My vision weirded out, but I'm still walking alive on this earth.

When first becoming a horse owner about 35 years ago, I was often the only person wearing a helmet every ride. It was like seatbelts-every riding academy makes you wear one, so you just get used to it anyway. 

Ugh I'll search out the photo. He's actually on a bicycle in a group, but somehow I also recall a photo of the sales lot, sans people. He sold washing machines there too! I live right around the corner from that historic section which once had a classic Sterling Diner and small dairy. The neighborhood movie palace survives. Grandpa's store was on the next lot that's now a gas station:

64257d0b322e56d948c44b551297207260729cf0

You can kind of see the station peeking out from the left above.

Thanks for trying to find that pic of your grandfather's shop, Tiki.

This reminds me of the old photo I had for years of my dashing young Indianapolis-native father sitting astride his Indian-4 cylinder machine he owned just before entering WWII in early-1942.

(...I said "had" here because a few years back I decided to have that photo enlarged to poster size and hang it in my garage, but after looking through that big box of old family photos, I couldn't find it...I still get a bit bummed over this whenever I think of how I must have lost it somehow) 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:58 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

You and Gordon Cole need to get a room. Both of you have the same writing style, same lame jokes and you are always the first to reply to him, always agreeing with everything he says.

Or are you one in the same person?

Bravo, DJM!

Final clue in your quest for TCM Eve Multiples. Roll those End Credits endlessly...

Someone Ain't No Seriously Foreign Immigrant Neither

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GordonCole said:

Bravo, DJM!

Final clue in your quest for TCM Eve Multiples. Roll those End Credits endlessly...

So that's a yes?

12 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

So that's a yes?

Obviously you missed the Final Clue inference.

Figure it out, you're the detective.

3 hours ago, GordonCole said:

Bravo, DJM!

1 minute ago, GordonCole said:

Wait, you're the Ukrainian woman too? :huh: No way. You're pulling our leg.

• Haha 1

Just now, GordonCole said:

Sansfin, I get it, but not what I asked

4 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Godfrey Daniel.

And Mother of Zeus aussi.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Sansfin, I get it, but not what I asked

"You shouldn't drink so much. It melts the lining of your brain."

Detective James McLeod, Detective Story [1951]

9 minutes ago, GordonCole said:

Godfrey Daniel.

And Mother of Zeus aussi.

What do you get out of using multiple accounts? :huh: How does this benefit you at all? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

What do you get out of using multiple accounts? :huh: How does this benefit you at all? 

You believed that?

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

Ok, sorry. Sometimes a detective goes on hunches, never mind.

Let me compliment you though, Detective Jim, as even Andy Devine could not have conducted this interrogation with more verbal finesse.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

He likes to talk to himself, (doesn't Twump consult himself also, who else is the worlds smartest person gonna talk to?)😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GordonCole said:

Obviously you missed the Final Clue inference. Figure it out, you're the detective.

SansFin wouldn't be caught dead sharing her brain with your body.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

It's the only way some posters can get "likes" or someone to agree with them. I'm always fascinated at how much importance some posters put in internet message boards.

SansFin is the gift Capuchin gave us when he left these boards. Please do not confuse her with the Sibyl troll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Let's set the record straight here, leave our much respected and liked Sans Fin out of this. She is a genuine poster on the bds for a very long time. She has nothing to do with the multiple Sybil and the other identities. Sans is a great girl and is one of the smartest posters we've had the pleasure to get to know over the years. Hope that straightens and ends any mixing up with  the REAL and the phony.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2