Sign in to follow this  
Philip Muldoon

Tiffany Vasquez

242 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

It's the only way some posters can get "likes" or someone to agree with them. I'm always fascinated at how much importance some posters put in internet message boards.

SansFin is the gift Capuchin gave us when he left these boards. Please do not confuse her with the Sibyl troll.

Okay thanks for the explanation. I just hope this guy realizes how much of a schizophrenic wackjob he comes across to everyone here. If you have to create multiple accounts to talk to yourself you must be a gigantic loser!

• Like 5

Hmm. I wish I had more old copies of PsychologyToday handy in my magazine rack to read up on this startling phenomenon. It sounds mighty different than just folks messing with folks, being smart-alecs and trouble-makers for the fun of it.

<_<

18 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Hmm. I wish I had more old copies of PsychologyToday handy in my magazine rack to read up on this startling phenomenon. It sounds mighty different than just folks messing with folks, being smart-alecs and trouble-makers for the fun of it.

<_<

Well it all comes down to if there are posters here (really A poster here)  that use multiple sign-in usernames,  pretending to be difficult individual when they are just ONE person.  

If you (Sgt_Markoff),  are NOT doing this clearly many in the community (most?),  believe that is the case.    IF they are wrong and you really are just ONE user,  that joined this community for the first time a few months back,   then sorry for this being put onto you.

My own POV:  I have NO clue,  but some of the circumstantial 'evidence' does point in that direction!

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

SansFin is the gift Capuchin gave us when he left these boards.

Remember -- no returns without a receipt!

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well it all comes down to if there are posters here (really A poster here)  that use multiple sign-in usernames,  pretending to be difficult individual when they are just ONE person.  

If you (Sgt_Markoff),  are NOT doing this clearly many in the community (most?),  believe that is the case.    IF they are wrong and you really are just ONE user,  that joined this community for the first time a few months back,   then sorry for this being put onto you.

My own POV:  I have NO clue,  but some of the circumstantial 'evidence' does point in that direction!

I actually suspect another poster here of doing this too. One account to discuss films and one for another activity. 

--JJZG

Sock-puppets are nothing new on forums, its a commonality on the web. I can't take serious the notion that all these pranksters and imps, are actual loons with genuine psychiatric problems. It's just people enjoying the anonymous 'mask' of chatrooms to cause a ruckus. Mighty normal behavior.

If you (Sgt_Markoff),  are NOT doing this clearly many in the community (most?),  believe that is the case. 

--JJZG

Is that really how it is? I'm startled to hear it. Haven't been giving it any credence at all. To me, its the silliest thing imaginable, to accuse me of dualism.

Look at my highly idiosyncratic speech and diction. Look at all the esoteric topics I sound off on. Look at my feud with Uncle Joe. Look at my opinionated music and book tastes. I'm fairly eccentric. Could another person possibly imitate that? Its the product of years of cultivation.

Finally, look at my very first posts where I was getting oriented to how the site functions.

If they are wrong and you really are just ONE user,  that joined this community for the first time a few months back,  then sorry for this being put onto you.

--JJZG

Thanks. Yes it really is exactly this way. I stumbled back over this site this past year, only because I was running out of other time-wasting proclivities for my lunch break. I was certain that there was NO forum here! Because I never remembered a forum the first time I visited!

All I recollect (from the first visit) was a boring TCM database, dashboard, and program schedule. Not sure how, but I just overlooked the presence of forum threads. Somehow, I gained a false impression and went away without delving further.

Not sure what 'proofs' I can ever provide to bolster my claim. I truly do not have any earth-shaking confession to ever treat you to. I have no 'secret revelations' to one day divulge.

I'm amused that there are apparently all these big charades going on around here, but all I can offer is my word I'm new to this site. Honest injun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

How so?

1 hour ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

It's just people enjoying the anonymous 'mask' of chatrooms to cause a ruckus. Mighty normal behavior.

That's NOT normal behavior. Pathetic Loser behavior is more like it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

No, Jim. 'Putting on masks' in order to 'ruffle feathers' and 'rile people up'...playing at being tricksters and pranksters...this behavior is as old as Neolithic peoples. Deeply embedded in the human psyche. It underpins many of our holidays: April Fool's, the German Walpurisnacht, 'mischief night' in the USA, carnevalle traditions around the globe, and Halloween of course. Masquerade parties, too. Its not abnormal in the slightest. The internet is a juvenile environment custom-built for such horseplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

HAHA!

44 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

No, Jim. 'Putting on masks' in order to 'ruffle feathers' and 'rile people up'...playing at being tricksters and pranksters...this behavior is as old as Neolithic peoples. Deeply embedded in the human psyche. It underpins many of our holidays: April Fool's, the German Walpurisnacht, 'mischief night' in the USA, carnevalle traditions around the globe, and Halloween of course. Masquerade parties, too. Its not abnormal in the slightest. The internet is a juvenile environment custom-built for such horseplay.

You would know........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Let's try to think this one through.

Not to be dismissive, but it's not worth my time. Just a yawn. 

Unless of course we turn it into a discussion of movies....are there any movies featuring a sock puppet/attention w h o r e character? Would make a scary fun horror movie!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Why would someone join in July 2011 but only start posting in September 2018?

Obviously neither of you remember Cave Girl.

Every board-even one as seemingly harmless as one focusing on classic movies- has it's hecklers cloying for attention.

Me? I learned in high school I could get away with murder (ok, sex & drugs & R&R) if I just disappeared into the crowd.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

Unless of course we turn it into a discussion of movies....are there any movies featuring a sock puppet/attention w h o r e character? Would make a scary fun horror movie!

I Saw What You Did (1965)

Two teenage girls play telephone pranks on people saying the title of the film. They think it's pretty funny until they dial up psycho killer John Ireland!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

I'm waiting for everyone to yell out "I am Spartacus!"

Who would admit to being cavegirl?? LOL.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Not to be dismissive, but it's not worth my time. Just a yawn. 

Ingrid Goes West (2017)

Ingrid_Goes_West.png

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I Saw What You Did (1965)

Two teenage girls play telephone pranks on people saying the title of the film. They think it's pretty funny until they dial up psycho killer John Ireland!

The most jarring sequence in the film is when he reaches out of the shower stall, grabs his wife, kills her, and tosses her through the shower door (if I remember correctly).

3 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

The most jarring sequence in the film is when he reaches out of the shower stall, grabs his wife, kills her, and tosses her through the shower door (if I remember correctly).

That's correct. It was the opposite of "Psycho" since in this movie the killer is the one taking a shower.

34 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Yeah, it goes downhill from there......

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

....are there any movies featuring a sock puppet/attention w h o r e character? Would make a scary fun horror movie!

Crime Unlimited (1935) has a form of this. I am sorry that I do not know how to discuss this while giving no spoilers and so I can only suggest that all who wish to approach this nice little movie with no preconceptions ignore the remainder of this post. 

An attorney is a respected member of the community and his views are as staid and proper as one might expect of such a man. The police consider him above reproach and consult him in the matter of a mysterious crime ring which hires bent lawyers to defend members who are arrested. The situation becomes dire for the police because the unknown leader of the crime ring taunts them in various ways.

I am sure that it is easy to guess from this that the well-respected and oh-so-civilized attorney is also the lowlife cunning mastermind behind the crime ring. It is not plain in the movie before the denouement.

There is even a scene where he interferes with an attempted robbery. His justification for that is that he was present at the scene in his character as a respected attorney and so could not stand idly by while a crime was being committed. The schizophrenia is strong in this one!

The cause propelling his duality was his feeling that he was far superior to other mortals and needed more than one life/identity to reach his full potential. It would not be proper for him to institute a crime spree and taunt the police as a respected attorney and so he was forced to create a new identity for those activities.

This is a nice little movie made on a low budget and with no aspirations of greatness and no perfect performances but it has many touches in script and plot which are sheer perfection. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SansFin said:

Crime Unlimited (1935) has a form of this. I am sorry that I do not know how to discuss this while giving no spoilers and so I can only suggest that all who wish to approach this nice little movie with no preconceptions ignore the remainder of this post. 

An attorney is a respected member of the community and his views are as staid and proper as one might expect of such a man. The police consider him above reproach and consult him in the matter of a mysterious crime ring which hires bent lawyers to defend members who are arrested. The situation becomes dire for the police because the unknown leader of the crime ring taunts them in various ways.

I am sure that it is easy to guess from this that the well-respected and oh-so-civilized attorney is also the lowlife cunning mastermind behind the crime ring. It is not plain in the movie before the denouement.

There is even a scene where he interferes with an attempted robbery. His justification for that is that he was present at the scene in his character as a respected attorney and so could not stand idly by while a crime was being committed. The schizophrenia is strong in this one!

The cause propelling his duality was his feeling that he was far superior to other mortals and needed more than one life/identity to reach his full potential. It would not be proper for him to institute a crime spree and taunt the police as a respected attorney and so he was forced to create a new identity for those activities.

This is a nice little movie made on a low budget and with no aspirations of greatness and no perfect performances but it has many touches in script and plot which are sheer perfection. 

Having never heard of and thus never having watched this film, I searched this one out on the IMDb website, Sans. Also wondering who the principle actors might be in it, I found that it's a British-made film starring actor Esmond Knight, and co-staring in only her second film role ever, Lilli Palmer.

Beforehand, I started thinking I had maybe seen this movie before, but thinking that it was an American movie and considering it was made in 1935, had thought it might have starred Warren William in the lead male role.

(...anybody know if there isn't a Hollywood film starring Warren William with much the same plot, as I seem to recall one)

• Like 1