Sign in to follow this  
shutoo

Did the boards vanish..

53 posts in this topic

Or was it part of the bizarre dream I had when a short nap turned into a day long snooze-fest?  Maybe the boards never existed..sounds like a good plot twist...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't get through, either, for hours. 🤨

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the old links are..gone. .lots of people are probably hitting refresh, and nothing's happening.  Server snafu?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shutoo said:

And the old links are..gone. .lots of people are probably hitting refresh, and nothing's happening.  Server snafu?

What old links? The boards were vanished for me for a few minutes but everything's back now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

What old links? The boards were vanished for me for a few minutes but everything's back now.

They've been down for the last 8-9 hours for me. It was a minute or so after I posted my last review in the Just watched thread. In other words, I've watched 4 movies in the time it's been down. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell you whut that was sum outtage. Had to happen on a day I took off from work to relax. Sheesh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Community is Not Available

Please contact the community owner for assistance.

Still getting the above message. :wacko:

Community owner?

A mystery owner without contact information...isn't that helpful? :rolleyes:

Don't know how I actually got here...but since I am here perhaps the "community owner" can explain, I know others are experiencing the same. :blink:

 

💋

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got that as well, and don't know how I finally got in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, what's this Victrola doing over here in the corner by the sideboard? There's a phonograph record too. Instructions say to, 'Please play after dessert is served'. The note is signed by our host...'Mister UN OWEN'. Now that's odd... deucedly odd...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

They've been down for the last 8-9 hours for me. It was a minute or so after I posted my last review in the Just watched thread. In other words, I've watched 4 movies in the time it's been down. :lol:

Glad to see you've been kept busy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems my little shuttle driving gig today while this thing was goin' on(or evidently NOT goin' on) was another case of perfect timing then, huh.

Yep, instead of sittin' on my keester all afternoon and anxiously waitin' for these boards to come back, I made a whole 42 bucks in tips!

Funny how things always seem to go my way, ain't it?!

Yep, and ONE of my passengers goin' down to Phoenix was even a big classic movie fan TOO, and so we just talked and talked about classic flicks for two hours.

(...oh, what a lucky man I am...NOT to mention, 42 bucks to the BETTER!!!)

LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Seems my little shuttle driving gig today while this thing was goin' on(or evidently NOT goin' on) was another case of perfect timing then, huh.

Yep, instead of sittin' on my keester all afternoon and anxiously waitin' for these boards to come back, I made a whole 42 bucks in tips!

You were driving around in this frigid weather? I hope you were wearing your Balaclava! (I wore mine yesterday, but it fogs up my specs.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swithin said:

You were driving around in this frigid weather? I hope you were wearing your Balaclava! (I wore mine yesterday, but it fogs up my specs.)

 

Now now, you superfluous-u spelling anglophile, you! WHAT, forget I LIVE where we DON'T freeze our collective tookuses off during this time o' year???

Remember?! I reside in warm and sunny(mostly) and picturesque Sedona Arizona! And where, as those old Gershwin lyrics go, "And the livin' is easy"!

(...remember NOW?!)

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Conventional pathway seems to have been restored. 🍋

Carry on my wayward son…”If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.”

💋

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad to be back. While the boards were down, I made the decision to watch all the films in the Fox Film Noir series. I have started at #1 with “Laura.”

im sorry everyone is so cold. I was cold today too, but it was 54 outside today. I don’t know that I’ve ever experienced negative temps—which is good. I work in a warehouse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Now now, you superfluous-u spelling anglophile, you! WHAT, forget I LIVE where we DON'T freeze our collective tookuses off during this time o' year???

Remember?! I reside in warm and sunny(mostly) and picturesque Sedona Arizona! And where, as those old Gershwin lyrics go, "And the livin' is easy"!

(...remember NOW?!)

;)

I did remember. I just thought it was so cold everywhere, that maybe it was cold in Arizona as well.

367703622_66ce94d9fe_z.jpg?zz=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeanneCrain said:

Update: Conventional pathway seems to have been restored. 🍋

 

Carry on my wayward son…”If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.”

 

💋

 

Ya gotta love a person who'll quote Classic Rock lyrics, don't ya folks?!

(...they fit ALL occasions)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I did remember. I just thought it was so cold everywhere, that maybe it was cold in Arizona as well.

367703622_66ce94d9fe_z.jpg?zz=1

 

Actually Swithin ol' boy, this shot of snow at the lower elevations of AZ and where these saguaro cactususus, err, I guess that's cacti grow, is a pretty rare sight.

BUT yes, up here in beautiful picturesque Sedona which sits at about 4500ft, yeah, we do get on average about three snowfalls each winter.

Here's a shot from what would be a very similar view from my home and looking northwest after one of the better snowstorms have fallen...

550023.jpg

Have to admit this ol' L.A. boy now days actually looks forward to seeing the white stuff falling, as I now believe it makes this place even more beautiful for the day or so that it lasts.

The best thing about it though is that it's pretty much all gone within a couple of days and I'm then right back out there on the tennis courts again.

(...but to answer you question here, no, the Southwest has not been hit by that so-called "Polar Vortex" like much of East has been...this past week it's been fairly sunny and in the 50s and 60s around here)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Actually Swithin ol' boy, this shot of snow at the lower elevations of AZ and where these saguaro cactususus, err, I guess that's cacti grow, is a pretty rare sight.

BUT yes, up here in beautiful picturesque Sedona which sits at about 4500ft, yeah, we do get on average about three snowfalls each winter.

Here's a shot from what would be a very similar view from my home and looking northwest after one of the better snowstorms have fallen...

550023.jpg

Have to admit this ol' L.A. boy now days actually looks forward to seeing the white stuff falling, as I now believe it makes this place even more beautiful for the day or so that it lasts.

The best thing about it though is that it's pretty much all gone within a couple of days and I'm then right back out there on the tennis courts again.

(...but to answer you question here, no, the Southwest has not been hit by that so-called "Polar Vortex" like much of East has been...this past week it's been fairly sunny and in the 50s and 60s around here)

You're lucky to live in such a warm place. I've got the heater on and the fire place running and it's still pretty cold.

maxresdefault.jpg

Though then again, the good thing about this is it's the perfect weather for drinking hot chocolate or coffee (but then again EVERY sort of weather is good for me to have coffee ;) ). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

This has happened before sometimes with different error messages....

Yep, my first thought was "Oh, did someone get me kicked off again?...It was probably TikiSoo over the superhero arguments!  :( "

But nope, looks like it was just the main Forum index page that was down--If I hadn't tried typing directly to the GD forum, I'd have wandered away dejected.

You're lucky to live in such a warm place. I've got the heater on and the fire place running and it's still pretty cold.

Though then again, the good thing about this is it's the perfect weather for drinking hot chocolate or coffee (but then again EVERY sort of weather is good for me to have coffee ;) ). 

I've got the retiree/telecommuter's advantage of not having to go out if the driveway hasn't been shoveled, and during our annual January Northeast crises, I've learned to not to make long-range plans in January.

Last year, it was almost ten days before I could get out the driveway--thank heavens for grocery delivery--and discovered that the first two medical symptoms of Cabin Fever are 1) Drowsiness, and 2) Increased Appetite.  (Paranoia doesn't kick in until #3 or 4.) IOW, literally the mammal's instinct to stock up and hibernate until warmer weather.  And when I started to feel like a nap eight hours after I got up, I figured, hey, if it's good enough for bears and squirrels...  🐻   Besides, they don't have electric blankets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swithin said:

You were driving around in this frigid weather?

New York City wasn't frigid.  I'm up in the Catskills, and we were 15 degrees colder than the city.

My sister lives in Minnesota, and she was 15 degrees colder than I was (close to -30, and there were parts of Minnesota and ND even colder).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us