Sign in to follow this  
Moorman

Crime Wave (1954)

3 posts in this topic

Not too bad.  Very good plot and a well shot film. Sterling Hayden is chasing a gang responsible for robbery and is planning a bank heist.  One of the standouts here is Jay Novello. He is a fabulous character actor.  It was good seeing a young Charles Bronson also.  Sterling Hayden as a cop was different. He was excellent here going against cast.  I rate this a 7 out of 10...  
  • Related image

Image result for crime wave 1954

Image result for crime wave 1954

•  

3 minutes ago, Moorman said:
Not too bad.  Very good plot and a well shot film. Sterling Hayden is chasing a gang responsible for robbery and is planning a bank heist.  One of the standouts here is Jay Novello. He is a fabulous character actor.  It was good seeing a young Charles Bronson also.  Sterling Hayden as a cop was different. He was excellent here going against cast.  I rate this a 7 out of 10...  
  •  

What no mention of Timothy Carey?   Just look at that grin;  He dominates that entire photo (ha ha).

(to me he was way over the top especially when we see him in the background sitting on the floor).

Anyhow,  fine film and one TCM \ Eddie showed as part of Noir Alley.    

A lot of action packed into 73 minutes.   Jay Novello was solid playing the doomed doctor-now-a-vet.

21 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What no mention of Timothy Carey?   Just look at that grin;  He dominates that entire photo (ha ha).

(to me he was way over the top especially when we see him in the background sitting on the floor).

Anyhow,  fine film and one TCM \ Eddie showed as part of Noir Alley.    

A lot of action packed into 73 minutes.   Jay Novello was solid playing the doomed doctor-now-a-vet.

Carey was good here. Its been a minute since I saw this but I remember that things was gonna go down hill once he got involved, lol.   There were some excellent shots of Glendale in this one also.