Sign in to follow this  
Moorman

The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973)

1 post in this topic

This film surprised me. I'm a big Robert Mitchum fan so I knew he was gonna be good.  The plot itself surprised me.  I knew this was gonna be gangster film but I didn't expect the "heist" element to be there.  It strengthened the plot and made it great.  The plot is simple,  Eddie Coyle is in trouble. He is facing time in New Hampshire for a truck hijacking he committed for a associate named Dillon ( Peter Boyle).   Mitchum not wanting to leave his family to struggle in his absence approaches ATF agent Dave Foley ( Richard Jordan) about making a deal to tip him off with information in exchange for help with the New Hampshire situation.  To avoid spoilers I will leave it there. Steven Keats as Jackie Brown was great as a gun supplier.  Peter Boyle was creepy.  Richard Jordan was slimy.   Its a great film.  The only thing that kept it from a higher ranking to me was the television style music score.  ( I was told later that tv actually copied their style from this film.) Whatever, I hate it.  As is I give the film a solid 8 out of 10...

The Friends of Eddie Coyle.jpg

Image result for the friends of eddie coyle

Related image

Image result for the friends of eddie coyle

• Like 2