Sign in to follow this  
Robert in Austin

The good news: Watch TCM app now on Roku; The bad news: It doesn't work

5 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to use the new 'Watch TCM' app on my Roku Streaming Stick, it starts to load (hey, there's Cary Grant in NXNW!), then crashes, kicking me back to the Roku home screen (boo!).  I don't even have the opportunity to "authorize my provider" or somesuch (and yes, I subscribe to a channel carrier, Google Fiber, that carries TCM).  So it's all an exercise in frustration and unfortunately makes TCM look bad (as Roku claims the problem is with TCM's app design).  Any ideas?  TCM, are you listening?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robert in Austin said:

TCM, are you listening?

Nope....:huh::unsure::(:angry:

I have been trying to load movies on my app, Optimum is my cable provider and for last three days, I kept getting a token error pop up message... so sad !!!  I don’t want to miss What Price Hollywood :(. Any suggestions ???

I'm starting to think that the TCM app is not able to authenticate with my particular tv provider, Google Fiber, since I'm also having problems using the app on my iPhone.  Just curious, are there any Google Fiber users out there that are able to use the Watch TCM app, on either your Roku device or iPhone?

My 'Watch TCM' app magically started working on my Roku Streaming Stick yesterday.  Not sure why, but I'll take it.  I tried to use the TCM app on my iPhone, could never get it to work on that device, but maybe the authentication process on that device somehow worked for my Roku (because I didn't have to authenticate on the Roku device).