Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

Albert Finney (1935-2019)

37 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I will need to get Tom Jones at the library, or wait for it to show up on TCM.  I've never seen it before.  

My library had the brand new restoration dvd which has two versions of the film.  The original and the director's cut.  The latter being the shorter version!

• Like 1

Personally1990's MILLER'S CROSSING is my favorite of his & 1984's UNDER THE VOLCANO his finest work as an actor, but lost the Oscar to *F. Murray Abraham in Amadeus instead

Always ranked *TOM JONES (**1/2) as overrated, especially that year when THE GREAT ESCAPE & HOW THE WEST WAS WON were released?

I'll admit to not taking to Finney as an actor until seeing '74's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS,  and thought better of his work in SHOOT THE MOON than TOM JONES, which I couldn't get into.

But Rest In Peace, AL.  what I or anybody else thinks really shouldn't matter to you.  ;)

Sepiatone

What a wonderful actor!

I watched THE DRESSER a zillion times.

And I think he nailed "Hercule Poirot" in MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Besides Scrooge The Musical.  He also did another version of Charles Dickens’s A Christmas Carol right?  Which he was also great in as Ebenizer Scrooge.  Which I remember seeing here on TCM.  I think they show that version every year right?  I hope they pay tribute to him next month.  Because he was a really wonderful actor.  Wasn’t he and we will get to see a whole bunch of his movies.  That would be so cool.  Wouldn’t it?

Does anyone know if TCM has done a TCM Remembers for Albert Finney?? I havent been watching TCM this month (Oscar Month). They should have.

4 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Does anyone know if TCM has done a TCM Remembers for Albert Finney?? I havent been watching TCM this month (Oscar Month). They should have.

it seems to me that when someone dies during OSCAR MONTH, they get shafted in re: an individual TCM Rememebers...BUT THAT SAID, I very rarely watch live TCM or the promos or commercials at all anymore.

and i've gotten to where i just can't take the obit clips, they depress me too much.

Yeah, I remember when Ann Sothern died during Oscar month. NOTHING. Everything stops for Oscar Month. GAG.