Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Tom Thumb

6 posts in this topic

I was going to post this on the 31 Days Of Oscar board.  But I kind of wasn’t sure if that would be the right place for it.  Does anyone know if they also show Tom Thumb on S.T.  Patrick’s Day for their S.T.  Patrick’s Day theme every year?  The characters sounded like they had Irish ancients and the color and scenery also looks like it could maybe be a S.T.  Patrick’s Day type movie and it’s also so cool that Russ Tamblyn from West Side Story is also in it too.  He’s a really wonderful actor.  Isn’t he?  I really love him a whole lot.  I think he’s still alive.  But I’m not sure.  It also reminds me of Thumblena too.  It’s a really wonderful movie.  Isn’t it?  I really love it a whole lot.

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

and it’s also so cool that Russ Tamblyn from West Side Story is also in it too.  He’s a really wonderful actor.  Isn’t he?  I really love him a whole lot.  I think he’s still alive.  But I’m not sure.  

After seeing Dr. Jacoby in the Showtime "Twin Peaks" revival, I'm not sure either...   😵

DSVlUyOW0AEwVGP.jpg

• Haha 1

And the sad fact is that "Tom Thumb" is still playable on TCM, but Warner considers "Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm" beyond hope of restoration.

So we get stuck with George Pal's rough, sloppy first-draft of the fairytale movie he wanted to make, instead of the more polished finished-product.

• Like 2