Sign in to follow this  
JeanneCrain

Bait-n-Switched

32 posts in this topic

Woke up this morning believing my recorder captured “The Madness of King George” (1994) only to find “Calamity Jane” (1953). :blink:

Duped again. 👎

💋

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been Calamity Jane since I downloaded the monthly schedule, which was January 27.  (At least, that's the last time I modified the file, and I don't think I did anything other than convert it to a .txt file.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come across this a lots of times, a movie / documentary now playing doesn't match the Directv guide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it was taken off the schedule a while ago. Hopefully they reschedule it sometime in the near future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fedya said:

It's been Calamity Jane since I downloaded the monthly schedule, which was January 27.  (At least, that's the last time I modified the file, and I don't think I did anything other than convert it to a .txt file.)

It was “The Madness....” according to the TCM website schedule checked within two weeks prior to airing…in short, TCM program scheduling is unreliable within a two-week time frame. 👎

💋
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JeanneCrain said:

It was “The Madness....” according to the TCM website schedule checked within two weeks prior to airing…in short, TCM program scheduling is unreliable within a two-week time frame. 👎

 

 

 

💋

That's nothing.  There are some of us who have waited for a certain movie to air, those of you know who you are, and only during the last HOUR OR TWO it is changed on the online schedule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've probably said this before. Whether we like it or not, as with every other TV channel, TCM's schedule is always subject to change. Most channels do make changes, but I think it's more noticeable here because so many of us look farther ahead  and with greater anticipation than the average viewer of the other ones.

Having worked as a station movie programmer, I do understand that most of the times the changes have to do with rights or distributor issues that TCM can't control. Having said that, if I was programming TCM, I wouldn't even think of putting anything on the schedule until it was firmly locked up and we had a copy of the movie in hand.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

There are some of us who have waited for a certain movie to air, those of you know who you are, and only during the last HOUR OR TWO it is changed on the online schedule.

Hot Spell?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fedya said:

Hot Spell?

Has it ever been scheduled? I don't think it has been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Hot Spell?

It was one of the silent movies.  Off the top of my head I believe a premiere, a premiere that hasn't happened yet a few times in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was an Anthony Quinn film co-starring Earl Holliman and Shirley Booth

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

It was one of the silent movies.  Off the top of my head I believe a premiere, a premiere that hasn't happened yet a few times in a row.

Was it Lilac Time (1928)?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LawrenceA said:

Was it Lilac Time (1928)?

Might have been.  I'd have to go through the older forum posts, as my project doesn't track dropped movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a few other movies, which did not air per TCM schedule…👎

 

The Madness of King George 1994

The Woman I stole 1933

Return from the Ashes 1965

The Saint’s Vacation 1941

Palm Springs 1936

Genocide 1969

The X from Outer Space 1967

Through a Glass Darky 1961

The Silence a.k.a. Tystnaden 1964

What Price Glory? 1926

Mary 2005

The Dangerous Days of Kiowa Jones 1966

The Soul of a Monster 1944

The Spy in Black 1939

The Magnificent 1979

Teen-Age Crime Wave 1955

Reunion in Vienna 1933

Sparrows Can’t Sing 1963

Battle Beneath the Earth 1967

Champagne 1928

Epidemic 1987

The Desert Song 1929

Patent Leather Kid 1927

Gizmo 1977

Eight on the Lam 1967

Return to Giennascaul 1953

October 1928

💋

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Aww, I thought this was going to be a thread about movies that bait-and-switched you from the trailer/marketing, like Disney's "Tomorrowland"!)  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any reason you insist on foisting an oversized font on us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fedya said:

Is there any reason you insist on foisting an oversized font on us?

Maybe she is vision impaired. It is doing you any harm? Really! I am offended!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JeanneCrain said:

Just a few other movies, which did not air per TCM schedule…👎

 

 

 

Although they may not have aired on the scheduled date, quite a few of the titles you list have been aired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

Although they may not have aired on the scheduled date, quite a few of the titles you list have been aired.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I watched Return to Glennascaul on TCM within the past couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This must be why while my Dish satellite guide said The Best Years of Our Lives was supposed to be showing late last night, the Willie Nelson movie Honeysuckle Rose was actually on instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I watched Return to Glennascaul on TCM within the past couple of years.

Yup.  This is the only one of these I will be verifying tonight.  I pulled up the source files.  They did in fact play it March 2018 (2018-03).  Then it was scheduled 2018-10 and dropped.  It is also scheduled to be played again 2019-03.

I also pulled up the main output table, the one I post online, and it agrees.

There perhaps may in fact be some things not quite as expected in life, "Omigod!  TCM is sooo hard to get to these days!", but I don't think this is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've run across this sort of thing too.  Thought it was my CABLE SERVICE fudging up though.

Luckily, I wasn't intending to record anything.  ;)

Sepiatone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 1:09 PM, JeanneCrain said:

Woke up this morning believing my recorder captured “The Madness of King George” (1994) only to find “Calamity Jane” (1953). :blink:

 

Duped again. 👎

 

💋

 

Is your recorder set in the same time zone as you...LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us