Sign in to follow this  
JeanneCrain

Movie Partners.

7 posts in this topic

For me, the traditional popcorn partner is a very poor choice – popcorn husks can easily get stuck between teeth and gums causing irritation, attracting bacteria and leading to tooth decay…not to mention those very hard kernels, which can break and/or chip a tooth. Then there’s the salt promoting over drinking along with butter a tasty fat…no thank you popcorn – I’ll take licorice, black! 🖤

Alcoholic beverages can be fine in moderation or a disaster for movie junkies – beer for watching sports, wine for fine dining, concentrate/shots never – I’ll take a coke, the “cherry” type! ❤️

“I want a new drug…one that won’t hurt my head, make my mouth too dry or eyes too red” – the American revolution of weed is rapidly spreading across the county but what type is right for me and my movies – “sativa”, “indica” or some “hybrid”??? – Vaginal Cannabis Lubes/Oils???

Let the experimentation begin! :wacko:

💋

What revolution? bah. And hey, whats up with the expletives? Here, I thought this was a family friendly website.

Anyway munching of food only suits me during the opening of a film. After the first fifteen minutes it must be banished to the floor or to the empty seat. But popcorn is fine and causes me no problems. If it ever did, I would deal with it summarily in the men's loo. I always carry dental floss in my pocket when I'm out-and-about.

I don't mind popcorn so much, but yeah, do agree with the "cons" you mention.

But anything without a loud "crunch" is fine too.  When I was a kid, the local movie house I'd frequent sold potato chips in a "silent" bag, that really WAS silent!.  But then again, the chips WEREN'T ("CRUNCH!") 

And since adulthood, HAVE to have my SNO-CAPS, regardless. 

But at first blush, I thought this thread was going to be about ACTING DUOS (Hope-Crosby, etc.) or perhaps those you either go to the theater with, or watch at home with.

My main "movie partner" is gone now, so..........

Sepiatone

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

perhaps those you either go to the theater with, or watch at home with.

Yeah me too.

I rarely watch movies at home with anyone but the dog.

The kind of stuff MrTiki likes is way too violent for me and the kind of stuff I like is too "silly" for him.

We both belong to a classic film group so we see whatever is scheduled, lumping it. What's really funny is when something screened is super popular with the audience & a real groaner for both of us. (Doris Day comedies/Betty Grable period musicals fall within that)

A fellow member of the group is my "movie theater buddy". We will travel to a classic theater to see any sort of oddity or tripe being screened that neither of our partners could tolerate. He has urged me to see any number of films I initially rejected, like THE GIANT CLAW, of which I am forever grateful. 

..."Trust the Movie Buddy"...

Well, any OTHER candy I'd eat at the movie house HAD to come in that kind of box that, once empty, could be blown into and make that sound;) 

But, haven't done THAT in many a moon!  

Sepiatone