Sign in to follow this  
Det Jim McLeod

If 5 Movie Characters Had Dinner Together

9 posts in this topic

Many people have speculated about historical figures or famous fictional characters getting together for dinner and how the conversation would go. I thought about the colorful characters all nominated as Best Actor in 1955:

Marty Piletti (Ernest Borgnine) in Marty

Martin "The Gimp" Snyder" (James Cagney) in Love Me Or Leave Me

Cal Trask (James Dean) in East Of Eden

Frankie Machine (Frank Sinatra) in Man With The Golden Arm

John J McCreedy (Spencer Tracy) in Bad Day At Black Rock

Marty Piletti: "So, whaddya feel like eatin' tonight Frankie?"

Frankie: "Never mind that, fix, I need a fix! Come on Gimp, you got connections! Help me out!"

Snyder: "Shaddap ya hop head! And if you knock into my bum leg one more time, I'll really let ya have it!"

McCreedy: "Come on Cal, I'm trying to help you." (slams his fist on the table) WHY DON"T YOU TELL ME WHAT"S WRONG?"

Cal: (sobs uncontrollably) "AH-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

You can continue this conservation or start another one with some other movie characters. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hannibal Lecter at a dinner table, where four other guests didn't make it through the main course.

"My, but that was delicious."

screen-shot-2019-02-15-at-8.13.53-am.jpe

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Many people have speculated about historical figures or famous fictional characters getting together for dinner and how the conversation would go. I thought about the colorful characters all nominated as Best Actor in 1955:

Marty Piletti (Ernest Borgnine) in Marty

Martin "The Gimp" Snyder" (James Cagney) in Love Me Or Leave Me

Cal Trask (James Dean) in East Of Eden

Frankie Machine (Frank Sinatra) in Man With The Golden Arm

John J McCreedy (Spencer Tracy) in Bad Day At Black Rock

Marty Piletti: "So, whaddya feel like eatin' tonight Frankie?"

Frankie: "Never mind that, fix, I need a fix! Come on Gimp, you got connections! Help me out!"

Snyder: "Shaddap ya hop head! And if you knock into my bum leg one more time, I'll really let ya have it!"

McCreedy: "Come on Cal, I'm trying to help you." (slams his fist on the table) WHY DON"T YOU TELL ME WHAT"S WRONG?"

Cal: (sobs uncontrollably) "AH-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

You can continue this conservation or start another one with some other movie characters. 

Borgnine_Marty.jpg

Piletti: I know I'm not good looking. I can't get a date."

8e09af545c468792232ac04e66cbf31d.jpg

Cal (sobbing): YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!!!

James+cagney+Love+me+or+Leave+Me.png

Sydner (to Cal): SHUDDAP YA BIG BABY before I slap you silly!

2094_051.jpg

McCreedy: Talk to him like that again, Gimp, and I'll show you a little judo.

Frank+Sinatra+The+Man+With+The+Golden+Ar

Frankie: Boy, I need a fix!

• Like 2

• Professor Harold Hill, 'The Music Man'
  • Mission Commander Taylor, 'Planet of the Apes'
  • Blanche DuBois, 'A Streetcar Named Desire'
  • 'Popeye' Doyle, 'The French Connection'
  • an unidentified black man

...appearing in Louis Bunuel's "The Exterminating Angel"

Blanche duBois: Oh aha aha ah hee hee hee hee, ah Mister DOYLE you are a card, sir! Surely you are! You trapped a '****' down on the docks? And he did what? I mean, really, in all candor? He drew a knife on you? Why lawdy, I cain't hardly credit this coarse talk t'all now, sirrah! Why where would he even hide--I mean, they're not o'ppossums now are they? You know, with the little pockets?

Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle: Ma'am I can only tell ya what I can tell ya; take it or leave it, get me? Cloudy patted him down, believe me--then a beaner zinged a Coke can at us from the third story, we duck behind a dumpster, creep took off running, his scumbag pals must have tossed him the shiv, or maybe he had it hid out, how many times I told Cloudy don' trust--hey where'd all the coolies go anyway? What is this, self-serve? I did a friggin' double today...

Blanche duBois: Oh ahaha ah ah ho ho ho ho hee hee hee hee! Well now I swan, all you fine gentleman--so cordial and so gracious of you to visit with us tonight and sup--and oh! I declare I hain't laughed so much why, since I was a girl! This has been the most delightful evening don't you agree? Mister Doyle I'll be glad to top up your Pernod. Why, the only thing is, the night is so still outside, don't you agree? It's so somber and so hushed! And we have been left to fend for ourselves. Just scandalous! (Commander, may I freshen up that julep of your'n?)

Mission Commander Taylor: Please do ma'am. I'd prefer a cold frosty one, but as you say, we're fending for ourselves so cordials'll have to do. Be sure you don't miss this chair-rocking dandy sitting next to me, if he keeps that glass to his lips it might prevent him breaking out into song ...might save me the trouble of mowing him down with this old .44 Henry I found in your yard...

Prof. Harold Hill: Haw! Haw! Haw! Come on now y'ole cobber, you must be from out of town. You like the 'best of it' I see. Now now now, that's not the next song I have in my heart. Just permit me, as I gaze on our charming hostess--gentlemen, lemme tug on your coat--y'know we can't hardly blame this fair lady for --well I mean, I should say. Cold beer? On a sultry night like this? Now sure, I like a COLD beer as much as the next man (always mighty proud to say it! I consider the hours I've spent with beer in my hand to be golden!) but where ya gonna get a honest-to-God bottle of bubbly ...why, as sure as God-made-little-green-apples...cold beer, he says... well I should say!--but I fully believe we can get out of this mansion if we all together just THINK we can, why you'll see--

Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle: Damnit! I'd rather drink anti-freeze than this frilly licorice-flavor French goo. What's your name pal? Taylor? I'm with ya there. Seem like a right guy. What kind of party is it where a man can't get a friggin' Pabst? Not to mention--

Black Man in Suit: Not to mention ...me?

Blanche duBois: (flustered): um..ah...well! Oh! umm..ah..why, yes, I mean no--gentlemen, we've been neglecting--I'm sure, quite unintentionally, but unforgivably--

Black Man in Suit: Don't you all think we should consider the possibility that we are trapped in this house? I've been sitting here listening to you all for hours now--

Mission Commander Taylor: He's got a point. I like a party as much as anybody but this little shindig is becoming --aw pardon me boy, the lever-action on this old Henry takes some finesse--

Black Man in Suit: Who are you calling boy?

Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle: (drawing .44 S&W) I am! Okay spook, on your feet. I've had my eye on you, you're headed to Riker's tonight, believe you me--

Black Man in Suit: I don't think any of us are going anywhere unless we put our heads together and--

Prof Harold Hill: Right you are, son! That's the stuff! That's pioneer spirit! Here now, that's just what I've been saying all along! Why, there isn't a thing you, or I, the next man, or the other fellow can't do if we just put our heads together and THINK the thing through! It goes like this--

Blanche duBois: Professor, if you could forestall that charming melody for a few moments more? Please, sirrah! To the rest of you gentlemen, I must say that as hostess I have not been at my best tonight, in fact I have been positively hovering on the edge of a vaporous spell, neglecting to distribute my attentions fairly and evenly--

Mission Commander Taylor: Excuse me Doyle...will ammo in that .44 of yours will fit this ole Henry? I feel almost naked without spare ammo-- 

Lt. 'Popeye' Doyle: Nevermind! I got this! Now you, boy whadda they call you, north of 125th St, huh?

Black Man in Suit: (enraged) They call me ....MISTER ....TIBBS....!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TomJH said:

Borgnine_Marty.jpg

Piletti: I know I'm not good looking. I can't get a date."

8e09af545c468792232ac04e66cbf31d.jpg

Cal (sobbing): YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!!!

James+cagney+Love+me+or+Leave+Me.png

Sydner (to Cal): SHUDDAP YA BIG BABY before I slap you silly!

2094_051.jpg

McCreedy: Talk to him like that again, Gimp, and I'll show you a little judo.

Frank+Sinatra+The+Man+With+The+Golden+Ar

Frankie: Boy, I need a fix!

Piletti: Hey, Mr McCreedy would you like to try the chili?

McCreedy: Say, you remind of some big ape that once poured ketchup all over my chili"

Frankie: "He kind of reminds me of a nasty guard I once knew in the joint"

Cal: "My father reminds me of Abe Lincoln"

Snyder: "Aw, yer all screwy! What kind of a dump are you runnin' here? Where's da grub?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, John "Bluto" Blutarsky showed up at the dinner, and, well...

food-fight.png

• Like 3

Ernest Borgnine was never a bad-looking guy. His despondent expression shows the work of a good actor.

:P

GIGOT (Jackie Gleason; Gigot, '62)

HELEN KELLER(Patty Duke;  The Miracle Worker, ('62)

JOHN SINGER(Alan Arkin; The Heart is a Lonely Hunter '68)

BELINDA MacDONALD( Jane Wyman; Johnny Belinda,'48)

JOEY (Robinson Stone; Stalag 17,'53)

:D  

At least HELEN would wind up with PLENTY of water!  ;)

Sepiatone

• Haha 1