Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

The Rise of Hoax Hate-Crimes

36 posts in this topic

CNN is running two articles related to this made-up story of an assault.  TWO leading ones.

So yea,  there it is.

& if 'hoax' story is true, don't GET what Smollett hoped to get out of this

-he'd end up in disgrace with his career in the toilet....

AND with the enmity of all legit victim's groups & gen. public

:blink:

12 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

:blink:

He wasn't planning on getting caught in the lie. 

From what I can gather from the various articles I've read, he and/or his agent got wind that the Empire show's producers were planning on writing him out of the series. He and/or his agent came up with the idea of the "attack" as a way of putting him in the public eye as a victim, based on his race and orientation, and therefore making it more difficult for the show's producers to get rid of him, as it would then look bad to the general public for them to fire him after such a "horrible" assault. Plus, by adding the MAGA hats and "Trump country" details, it would further the deplorables-as-monsters narrative that some on the left have embraced, and Smollet has a record of being very vocal about his hatred of Trump and the Trumpsters.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

You think racist Democrats have any clue what their stupid actions will have?

Could he get in legal trouble for this hoax? He diverted police away from other people who may have been in actual trouble. He really messed up big time.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollett-racist-movie-posters-los-angeles-street-artist-sabo/

JUSSIE SMOLLETTMOCKED IN RACIST PARODY MOVIE POSTERS

Jussie Smollett is now the face of racist parody movie posters that have sprung up in Los Angeles in the wake of his alleged attack in Chicago and an unraveling narrative.

At least two posters popped up Monday at a bus station near Fox Studios in Century City, which feature Jussie's mug photoshopped onto the backdrop of posters for "BlacKkKlansman" and "Black Panther." Both mock claims Jussie made about the alleged attack.

0218-jussie-smollett-black-panther-john-

The "Black Panther" poster shows Jussie as T'Challa in the 'BP' costume and the title has been changed to "Black Prankster."

The "BlacKkKlansman" poster depicts Jussie from his 'GMA' interview with a photoshopped MAGA hat and coat on, with the phrase "This is MAGA country!" superimposed in the background. Both posters are jokingly offering Jussie for consideration for "Best Fictional Story" and "Best Actor in a Drama.

0218-jussie-smollett-black-panther-john-

The posters have been signed by conservative street artist Sabo ... the same guy that put up the Meryl Streep "She Knew" posters in 2017 after the Weinstein scandal broke.

As we've reported ... cops believe Jussie rehearsed the "attack" with the two Nigerian brothers. A grand jury is set to hear evidence soon, and potential indictment against Jussie could be forthcoming.

17 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

He wasn't planning on getting caught in the lie. 

From what I can gather from the various articles I've read, he and/or his agent got wind that the Empire show's producers were planning on writing him out of the series. He and/or his agent came up with the idea of the "attack" as a way of putting him in the public eye as a victim, based on his race and orientation, and therefore making it more difficult for the show's producers to get rid of him, as it would then look bad to the general public for them to fire him after such a "horrible" assault. Plus, by adding the MAGA hats and "Trump country" details, it would further the deplorables-as-monsters narrative that some on the left have embraced, and Smollet has a record of being very vocal about his hatred of Trump and the Trumpsters.

From the beginning the story seemed off.  Middle of the night in a Democratic stronghold during a polar vortex and MAGA hat wearing Trumpsters are laying in wait complete with all of the tools of their trade? If he had been at a rest stop in rural Kentucky during temperate weather I might have had an easier time believing it.

6 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

If he had been at a rest stop in rural Kentucky during temperate weather I might have had an easier time believing it.

Too bad, ay?

You so wanted to believe it.

6 minutes ago, darkblue said:

Too bad, ay?

You so wanted to believe it.

No I neither wanted to nor wanted not to believe it. The logistics of the thing just seemed off. I took it at face value and figured if it was a set up the police would get to the bottom of it. One thing you get from watching true crime shows. If the police zero in on you, AND you are guilty, with the techniques available today you will be found out.

1 minute ago, calvinnme said:

If the police zero in on you, AND you are guilty, with the techniques available today you will be found out.

If corrupt Democrats allow it.

‘Daily Show’s’ Trevor Noah: Jussie Smollett’s Attack Story ‘Was Always a Little Weird’

...... “Now it seems maybe there’s a lot more to the story,” Noah explained. “That’s right, the police now believe Smollett staged his own attack—which would be insane, but you have to admit, there’s a certain part of the story that was always a little weird. Like, who are the MAGA supporters who hate gay people, who hate black people, but also happen to watch Empire? Like, I’ve heard of hate-watching but that **** would be next-level. That’s like a member of the Klan buying tickets to Fiddler on the Roof.”

“Hold up, wait… so Smollett’s Nigerian personal trainer is one of the guys who beat him up? That doesn’t make sense—unless his trainer was just really **** off that Smollett was eating Subway,” joked Noah. “This story is so weird. I don’t care who you are, this is a weird story, because now they’re saying that Jussie rehearsed the attack a few days before it happened. And look, I’m not gonna lie, that’s the one part of the story that actually makes sense to me, because if I was paying these two to beat me up”—he then threw to a picture of the men shirtless, flaunting their abs—“I would want to practice too.”

Noah continued: “So in the public eye, this story has moved from a hate crime against a popular TV actor to a giant hoax by a popular TV actor, but Smollett still insists there was ‘no collusion.’”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/daily-shows-trevor-noah-jussie-smolletts-attack-story-was-always-a-little-weird?via=twitter_page

• Like 1

Jussie Smollett 'Orchestrated' Chicago Attack Because He was 'Dissatisfied With His Salary': Police

Smollett turned himself into police early Thursday morning on a felony charge of disorderly conduct in filing a false police report

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jussie-smollett-update-chicago-police-empire-attack-motive-why-506155841.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

• Thanks 1

Hate groups hit new high, up 30 percent in last 4 years, Southern Poverty Law Center says

Hate groups hit new high, up 30 percent in last 4 years, Southern Poverty Law Center say

By Peter Martinez

Updated on: February 20, 2019 / 5:24 PM / CBS News

2018 saw the fourth straight year of growth in the number of hate groups in the U.S., according to a new report Wednesday from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks white supremacists and other extremist groups. The 30 percent increase coincides with Donald Trump's campaign and presidency. It comes on the heels of three consecutive years of decline near the end of former President Obama's time in office.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southern-poverty-law-center-new-hate-map-data-group-increase-splc-intelligence-report-today-2019-02-20/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, darkblue said:

Who's Tobias? Your boyfriend?

Nope. I've noticed on more than one website wingnuts like to imply that a person is

gay without knowing anything about that person. It's like these chumps still think

it's 1985. Wingnuts=Hilarious.

556ec52ed8d3f_tobias_smollett.jpg

Tobias Smollett. 18th century 

Scottish novelist.

• Thanks 1

If Jussie Smollett tried to pull a fake attack scam that is deplorable and he should pay a price for it.

On the other hand, racists will love the fact that his scam is now being exposed because it will give them the opportunity to try to make a case that fake hate crimes are on the rise. They can't compare to the rise of real hate crimes.

Both acts are deplorable, but the bigots of this world have an agenda so, to them, this incident is only a gain that they will exploit.

They might even create a thread about it on these message boards.

• Sad 1