Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Reporter Exposed Dishing out Wardrobe Advice to Kamala Harris

24 posts in this topic

Reporter Exposed Dishing out Wardrobe Advice to Kamala Harris

A CNN national political reporter provided a glimpse of the cozy relationship between some members of the press and political elite Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) in a Twitter video that has gone viral.

    We kind of forced @kamalaharris to try on this awesome oversized rainbow sequin jacket … She snapped it up. @alivitali perfectly named it as “the Mardi Gras Jacket” #2020 #SouthCarolina #CampaignFashionReport pic.twitter.com/2G0NFRkKL6

    — Maeve Reston (@MaeveReston) February 16, 2019

The free press was hard at work holding US politicians accountable over the weekend. In an incident that occurred at a boutique fashion shop owned by a female entrepreneur in South Carolina, CNN national political reporter Maeve Reston and NBC News political reporter Ali Vitali appeared to have a good time with the senator while discussing her wardrobe.

“You need something this fun,” says Reston, who appears happy to offer the candidate advice. “I know,” Harris replied in the clip.

    When the campaign trail takes you to a boutique, and @MaeveReston spots a great sequined jacket for @KamalaHarris to try on. #campaignfashionreport pic.twitter.com/38bYJKqjRI

    — Caitlin Huey-Burns (@CHueyBurns) February 16, 2019

After the CNN reporter found a sequined dress that might be a good fit for the candidate on the campaign trail, Harris burst into joy after an onlooker noted that the jacket was amazing.

*******************************************************

So much for a fair primary within the Democrats, the media is already helping Kamala pick out her wardrobe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, hamradio said:

.

screen-capture-shows-the-cbs-news-specia

:P:lol:

 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:31 PM, jakeem said:

When the campaign trail takes you to a boutique, and @MaeveReston spots a great sequined jacket for @KamalaHarris to try on. #campaignfashionreport

Screen-Shot-2019-02-16-at-2.09.22-PM-e1550344213307.png

 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, jakeem said:

Brit Hume Retweeted Caitlin Huey-Burns

This is just embarrassing. So now journalists are going shopping with Harris, helping pick out clothes and then putting out glowing tweets about it.

 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, jakeem said:
Replying to @brithume

Hi @brithume. Harris was on an a tour of small businesses, including this boutique, in Columbia that we were covering as part of several campaign stops.

She also did two gaggles with reporters, where we asked her a variety of policy questions on immigration, the green new deal, and executive power.

I specifically asked her about Beto O’Rourke calling for the barrier to come down at the border and whether she’d support that in her home state of California, which also shares a border with Mexico. It’s a policy question, and one Republicans have been asking all week

It's big news when a viable presidential candidate who is a woman of color tries on a jacket during a campaign stop to promote American small businesses at a female-owned dress shop.

And perhaps it's a scandal that she actually tries on a jacket and may want to buy it from the female shop owner.

It becomes colluding when an embedded female reporter makes a subjective fashion comment about said jacket.

 

Brit Hume of Fox News appears to have discovered in our midst a Democratic primary scandal :

 

Blue Sequins Jacket-Gate 

 

Stay tuned for further developments of the sequins colluding with more and more Democratic primary candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't is sexist to discuss a women's politicians wardrobe?    I guess not when the so called journalist lean left.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamala is not a serious candidate for president, now she has to backtrack on this actor who lied about a hate crime.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Kamala is not a serious candidate for president

Didn't they say that about Trump?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Kamala is not a serious candidate for president

I wonder if all those people she prosecuted got up at the end of their trials and turned to her and told her that:

"She wasn't a serious prosecutor."  LMREO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I wonder if all those people she prosecuted got up at the end of their trials and turned to her and told her that:

"She wasn't a serious prosecutor."  LMREO

She was a serious prosecutor;  this is why many in the black community in CA feel she wasn't being 'black enough' when she held that position;  she put too many 'brothers' behind bars.

This is what happens when one overplays the identity card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

She was a serious prosecutor;  this is why many in the black community in CA feel she wasn't being 'black enough' when she held that position;  she put too many 'brothers' behind bars.

This is what happens when one overplays the identity card. 

 James, we've been through this all before. In the United States it doesn't matter what you really are--

you're treated as you look. She looks like a black person and that's the way she's going to run because that is the way everyone perceives her. She doesn't really have a lot of choice in the matter.

It all goes back to Antebellum  days when the white slave master would sell his mixed-race children down the river so that he didn't have to be reminded of rape or illegitimate children. So mixed race people who look like President Obama, Senator Harris and others were classified as black people and sold as slaves.

 And in the US this has held forth for all kinds of different types of mixed race people.

Phenotype is everything. You are what you look like.

And that's why in the past, so many mixed race black people who looked White, passed for white and went into the white world.

I think everybody has seen movies like "Pinky", Lost Boundaries" and " Imitation of Life", where the main characters did just that. At any rate they were all played by white people in the movies except for the exception of a real mixed race actress named Fredi Washington in the original "Imitation of Life".

 And the "Lost Boundaries" movie was a true story.

You can learn so much about how black people, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic people have been treated or perceived in the United States just by watching the old movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Isn't is sexist to discuss a women's politicians wardrobe? 

Ask a woman. They'll tell you everything is sexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

 James, we've been through this all before. In the United States it doesn't matter what you really are--

you're treated as you look. She looks like a black person and that's the way she's going to run because that is the way everyone perceives her. She doesn't really have a lot of choice in the matter.

I don't think it is as black and white as you're saying, especially with those under 50;  i.e. younger folks are more sophisticated:   yea,  they are highly into personal identity,  but understand color on one's skin is only a minor part of one's identity;   e.g. they know there is a cultural difference with someone whose parents are from India verses Central Africa.    

You say she has no choice;  well to me if she is a leader, so she needs to be a change agent.

But I do understand that well known mixed-raced people like Tiger Woods tired to be a change-agent and that upset the African-American community (even though Woods is 1\4 African,  and 1\2 Asian!).    

Obama didn't try very hard.   So I'll give Harris a pass if she just plays-along.   But if she becomes President I'm hoping she can be a change-agent.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't think it is as black and white as you're saying, especially with those under 50;  i.e. younger folks are more sophisticated:   yea,  they are highly into personal identity,  but understand color on one's skin is only a minor part of one's identity;   e.g. they know there is a cultural difference with someone whose parents are from India verses Central Africa.    

You say she has no choice;  well to me if she is a leader, so she needs to be a change agent.

But I do understand that well known mixed-raced people like Tiger Woods tired to be a change-agent and that upset the African-American community (even though Woods is 1\4 African,  and 1\2 Asian!).    

Obama didn't try very hard.   So I'll give Harris a pass if she just plays-along.   But if she becomes President I'm hoping she can be a change-agent.

 

It is very true that young people have grown up in a world that has only radically changed in the last 20 or so years. Today we see interracial marriage as being normal and it looks as though this will soon be the case with same-sex marriage. Big changes from the latter part of the twentieth century when both were illegal in a lot of states. And with the Martin Luther King holiday and other things, young people have had an opportunity to be educated about these issues.

 But as it has been pointed out so many times, it is primarily those middle-aged and older people who vote in this country. So I think the status quo is going to hold on for a while.

 With all fairness to President Obama, he went into the Chicago black community and became a part of it and married into it.

While Senator Harris has her identity locked up in the Oakland black Community, while at the same time she has chosen to marry outside of it. One of the questions she was asked on that interview with the black radio station was about her marriage. Older people, who vote, will still be interested in that kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, hamradio said:

Haven't heard anything this funny since the comments on Marty's life preserver.

Marty-McFly-Vest.jpg

What comments?

I musta missed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Related to the topic of mix-raced people in the USA:  I've been seeing a lot of episodes from 50s and 60 westerns, like Gunsmoke,  Wagon Train etc.. that cover this topic.     E.g.  Gunsmoke featured Burt Reynolds as a half-white \ Indian.    Wagon Train had one where James Whitmore had a half Indian son,   etc...  There were some with a half Chinese individuals as well.  

In all of these both communities felt the mixed children were outcast,  but especially the white community so the mixed raced person would end up living with an Indian tribe or in the Chinese sector.    But a few also had the white community accepting that person;  E.g. Burt was a blacksmith for the town of Dodge.    

Note that in every one of these shows the mixed raced person was told by enlighten folks that they have the best of both worlds;   That being mixed was a cultural blessing; e.g. respect the land like an Indian but utilize growing crops like a white man etc.....     

So the change-agent was out there decades ago.    But, sadly today,,,, well,      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Related to the topic of mix-raced people in the USA:  I've been seeing a lot of episodes from 50s and 60 westerns, like Gunsmoke,  Wagon Train etc.. that cover this topic.     E.g.  Gunsmoke featured Burt Reynolds as a half-white \ Indian.    Wagon Train had one where James Whitmore had a half Indian son,   etc...  There were some with a half Chinese individuals as well.  

In all of these both communities felt the mixed children were outcast,  but especially the white community so the mixed raced person would end up living with an Indian tribe or in the Chinese sector.    But a few also had the white community accepting that person;  E.g. Burt was a blacksmith for the town of Dodge.    

Note that in every one of these shows the mixed raced person was told by enlighten folks that they have the best of both worlds;   That being mixed was a cultural blessing; e.g. respect the land like an Indian but utilize growing crops like a white man etc.....     

So the change-agent was out there decades ago.    But, sadly today,,,, well,      

 Are you talking about that "Wagon Train" episode where June Lockhart is raped by the Indian man. And she wants to raise the baby but there's so much controversy about it?

Another movie that I really liked in the 1960s was "The Unforgiven".

This movie had an unbelievable cast of actors - - the great Lillian Gish as the mother, with three sons:

Burt Lancaster, Audie Murphy and Doug McClure. Someplace along the way they had picked up Audrey Hepburn and she was playing a Native American, passing as their white sister. Unbelievable, but she's a good actress.  When the townspeople started having trouble with the local tribe, it all came down to what they were going to do about Audrey Hepburn--

Keep her in the white Community or give her back to the tribe.

This sort of thing has been done before, of course, but with a great director like John Houston at the helm, "The Unforgiven" was far above average. If you haven't seen it, you Oughta look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Are you talking about that "Wagon Train" episode where June Lockhart is raped by the Indian man. And she wants to raise the baby but there's so much controversy about it?

Just saw that one the other day,  so yea it is one of the episodes I have seen since I started watching 'old' western TV shows on ME-TV.    I felt this was really well done and balanced;  E.g. the white people are not going to get over their racism overnight (especially William Tallman,  known as the D.A. in Perry Mason).   So it was real when he said at the end it would take a lot of talk, understanding and time,,,  but that it can be done (different people accepting each other in a diverse community).

I find most Wagon Train episodes to be well written with mature themes.    But sadly too many of these themes are still relevant today.   I.e. 50 years later, there are still too many that missed the lesson. 

PS:  Always had a place in my heart for June Lockhart due to her role as the mom on Lassie,  but she did a lot of other good work.    E.g. I saw her playing a women doctor in Have Gun, Will Travel.    Of course the theme in this one was 'a women doctor????', and many members of the town refusing to seek treatment from her.    She was strong and also beautiful in that one.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamala Harris compelling, but not ready for prime time

“Medicare-for-all isn’t socialism. It’s providing health care for all people.”

— Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), in New Hampshire on Tuesday

To paraphrase a certain Democratic POTUS, I guess it depends on what the meaning of “socialism” is.

Sen. Kamala Harris is a compelling candidate, without doubt. Her father’s Jamaican, her mom’s from India, she served as both a district attorney and state attorney general in California. But running as a progressive liberal in deep-blue California is hardly heavy lifting. In her campaign for U.S. Senate, her general election opponent was also a liberal Democrat and they only held one debate.

Now Sen. Harris is in a high-profile, national campaign and the questions are getting tougher. Or more accurately, not quite a softball as she’s used to from a friendly press.

And so a simple question, “Is ‘Medicare-for-all’ ‘socialism’?” — which it obviously is — inspires an answer that would sound, well, a bit embarrassing even coming from a naive high-schooler.

Or worse,  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Harris had a hard time with another “Medicare-for-all” question when she blurted out on CNN that she wanted to “eliminate” everyone’s private health insurance. Her campaign quickly backtracked as best they could (“She would be open to more moderate health reform plans”), but she committed the ultimate political gaffe:

She told the truth.

Of course “Medicare-for-all” — aka “Single Payer,” aka “Nationalized Health Care,” aka “The RMV Is in Charge of Your Kidney Transplant” — kills the private insurance industry. Otherwise you have an evil, two-tiered system of health care injustice, where people who work harder and earn more get to hire the doctor they choose, while everyone else gets Medicaid-with-longer-lines.

And what do we call an economic system where the government controls the means of production? The “S” word. (No, not that “S” word! Though, if you live in Venezuela or North Korea, it certainly applies.)

Harris had another struggle with basic math on Tuesday when she told the New Hampshire crowd that “within a relatively short period of time,” the city of Portsmouth “will be underwater.”

Harris is a Green New Deal supporter and, more importantly, is making a play for the affluent, white liberals who rally around the climate-change issue. And it’s true that as sea levels rise, coastal communities are going to feel the impacts — particularly during high storm surge events.

But Portsmouth, N.H., “underwater”?

Not any time soon, says climate scientist Judith A. Curry, former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. In part because, while sea levels have been slowly rising since the end of the last ice age, the U.N.’s climate-change activist organization (the IPCC) projects around .05 inches a year, or an inch every 20 years.

*************************************************

That's lots of crazy stuff being said by Kamala, better stick to shopping these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Kamala Harris compelling, but not ready for prime time

“Medicare-for-all isn’t socialism. It’s providing health care for all people.”

— Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), in New Hampshire on Tuesday

To paraphrase a certain Democratic POTUS, I guess it depends on what the meaning of “socialism” is.

Sen. Kamala Harris is a compelling candidate, without doubt. Her father’s Jamaican, her mom’s from India, she served as both a district attorney and state attorney general in California. But running as a progressive liberal in deep-blue California is hardly heavy lifting. In her campaign for U.S. Senate, her general election opponent was also a liberal Democrat and they only held one debate.

Now Sen. Harris is in a high-profile, national campaign and the questions are getting tougher. Or more accurately, not quite a softball as she’s used to from a friendly press.

And so a simple question, “Is ‘Medicare-for-all’ ‘socialism’?” — which it obviously is — inspires an answer that would sound, well, a bit embarrassing even coming from a naive high-schooler.

Or worse,  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Harris had a hard time with another “Medicare-for-all” question when she blurted out on CNN that she wanted to “eliminate” everyone’s private health insurance. Her campaign quickly backtracked as best they could (“She would be open to more moderate health reform plans”), but she committed the ultimate political gaffe:

She told the truth.

Of course “Medicare-for-all” — aka “Single Payer,” aka “Nationalized Health Care,” aka “The RMV Is in Charge of Your Kidney Transplant” — kills the private insurance industry. Otherwise you have an evil, two-tiered system of health care injustice, where people who work harder and earn more get to hire the doctor they choose, while everyone else gets Medicaid-with-longer-lines.

And what do we call an economic system where the government controls the means of production? The “S” word. (No, not that “S” word! Though, if you live in Venezuela or North Korea, it certainly applies.)

Harris had another struggle with basic math on Tuesday when she told the New Hampshire crowd that “within a relatively short period of time,” the city of Portsmouth “will be underwater.”

Harris is a Green New Deal supporter and, more importantly, is making a play for the affluent, white liberals who rally around the climate-change issue. And it’s true that as sea levels rise, coastal communities are going to feel the impacts — particularly during high storm surge events.

But Portsmouth, N.H., “underwater”?

Not any time soon, says climate scientist Judith A. Curry, former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. In part because, while sea levels have been slowly rising since the end of the last ice age, the U.N.’s climate-change activist organization (the IPCC) projects around .05 inches a year, or an inch every 20 years.

*************************************************

That's lots of crazy stuff being said by Kamala, better stick to shopping these days.

 Not so crazy because in Kansas we already have Medicaid for Indigent children, indigent seriously ill citizens and Indigent senior citizens who also need medical help.

 You and I are probably very fortunate in that we don't need Medicaid help. But sometimes you have to have a little concern and empathy for those who do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Isn't is sexist to discuss a women's politicians wardrobe?

Ask a feminist. They'll tell you everything is sexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us