spence

Why hssn't the AMPAS (now over 9,000 voting members ever tried to choose

4 posts in this topic

Now, I'm positive lots will jump all over this opinion, but hosts' are either passing away-(TRIVIA: The legendary Bob Hope (l903-2003) by far holds the MC /Host record between 15 & 18 years!!!)

Given it wasn't such am epic over 3hr show in those days, Billy says he must take 2to 3 tennis shoes to host!

& "The King of Late Night: Mr. Johnny Carson-(l925-2005) did pitch perfect, even getting to introduced the legendary *JOHN "THE DUKE" WAYNE=-(l907-0l979) only 3 months before he went away, do most thesedays recall this? If not it's all over the net & youtube.

& as I just said elsewhere, give David another shot folks!  I've always had a personal belief that an Oscar host shoulda' been in at least one theatrical film, agree?

That brings me to another recently gone "MR. WARMTH" DON RICKLES-(l926-2017) If you need proof, run over to the Dino Roasts, especially the one honoring *SINATRA!

But again the ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES dropped the darn ball!?

Gee, who's next Pauly Shore, Jack Black or Chris Tucker???   Come to think of it this yrs Best actress contender & it's her 2nd shot as well Melissa McCarthy may bring something new to the table?

& I recall thinking "Family Guy's" Seth McFarland would be excellent, but nooo & yet he'd another fellow *SINATRA-ITE too!& on that *FRANCIS ALBERT NOTE, back in 1970 they had a few co-hosts & he was among them, actually lecturing Tinsel-Town about the crap they were then starting to turn out

THANX

11 hours ago, spence said:

Now, I'm positive lots will jump all over this opinion, but hosts' are either passing away-(TRIVIA: The legendary Bob Hope (l903-2003) by far holds the MC /Host record between 15 & 18 years!!!)

Given it wasn't such am epic over 3hr show in those days, Billy says he must take 2to 3 tennis shoes to host!

& "The King of Late Night: Mr. Johnny Carson-(l925-2005) did pitch perfect, even getting to introduced the legendary *JOHN "THE DUKE" WAYNE=-(l907-0l979) only 3 months before he went away, do most thesedays recall this? If not it's all over the net & youtube.

& as I just said elsewhere, give David another shot folks!  I've always had a personal belief that an Oscar host shoulda' been in at least one theatrical film, agree?

That brings me to another recently gone "MR. WARMTH" DON RICKLES-(l926-2017) If you need proof, run over to the Dino Roasts, especially the one honoring *SINATRA!

But again the ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES dropped the darn ball!?

Gee, who's next Pauly Shore, Jack Black or Chris Tucker???   Come to think of it this yrs Best actress contender & it's her 2nd shot as well Melissa McCarthy may bring something new to the table?

& I recall thinking "Family Guy's" Seth McFarland would be excellent, but nooo & yet he'd another fellow *SINATRA-ITE too!& on that *FRANCIS ALBERT NOTE, back in 1970 they had a few co-hosts & he was among them, actually lecturing Tinsel-Town about the crap they were then starting to turn out

THANX

I agree with all your comments, Spence and never thought about Melissa McCarthy as a host but I think you have made a great choice there. She is hilarious, talented and could do wonders for the telecast in the future. Thanks for your thoughts.

I like Melissa McCarthy, too. She's funny without being insulting and has a quick wit.

People who are really funny tend to be controversial in some way. The Oscars is afraid of controversy.

Even when Chris Rock hosted, he was afraid to use his best material. Bland and stale is why more and more are ignoring the show.

I think McCarthy is talented but, she wouldn't get me to watch the show. What is she going to do ? Trip and fall all over the stage ??