fxreyman

Opinion to remove John Wayne's name from Orange County Airport

136 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Not in this crazy climate....people are offended at every turn. I am amazed at how every individual acts like the entire culture has to be 100% acceptable to whatever belief is in their heads.

Not everyone celebrates Christmas/Rosh Hashanah/Dawali. Not everyone celebrates gay lifestyle. Not everyone celebrates tattoo art. Why can't we all just tolerate other people, ages & cultures? Because it's human nature to be scared of anyone different -when we lived in caves- when singling out strangers mattered.

We now live in a global society & need to stop nit picking every "difference", every "mistake" made in the past. People say things all day long that offend me as a woman....instead of becoming indignant, I try to be the best I can be and show them they're wrong. Getting angry & accusing ignorance never works.  

Well said;  Note I live in the county and I'm for leaving the name 'as is',   but like I said,  the small number of activist that have waken up the hornet's nest have gained traction so I don't think this is going to go-away anytime soon.

there must be boundaries on human actions as some human thought is beyond the pail of normalcy and rational behavior. the left argues no, let it be and let it occur.

so, in the future should we condemn the setting off of a nuclear dirty bomb by some radical jihadist cell or do we embrace it as a new form of diversity?

would California leftists accept a compromise?

take off Wayne's name and rename it the Dan Roman International Airport.

and if Dan Roman is unacceptable then Ancient Pelican.

:D

Image result for the high and the mighty close

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

there must be boundaries on human actions as some human thought is beyond the pail of normalcy and rational behavior. the left argues no, let it be and let it occur.

so, in the future should we condemn the setting off of a nuclear dirty bomb by some radical jihadist cell or do we embrace it as a new form of diversity?

I hate things that are beyond the pail.

2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I hate things that are beyond the pail.

I always aim for the pail, but sometimes I miss. :( 

13 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

So Lawrence, when you miss, are you usually "beyond the pail" as Nip's lament seems to be, or are you usually just short of it? Or, maybe either side of it?

(...after I would assume you take into account such factors as wind velocity, of course)

• Haha 2

"If you don't care they rename the airport from a cheesy western actor it means you support setting of a "nuclear dirty bomb."

Well that's just flawless logic.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

"If you don't care they rename the airport from a cheesy western actor it means you support setting of a "nuclear dirty bomb."

Well that's just flawless logic.

HEY now, Gf! Don't be so hard on good ol' Nip here!

He's learned that kind of "flawless logic" by reading a lot of tweets coming from a very "reliable source" these last couple of years, ya know! ;)

(...and where I would assume he's also "learned" that correct spelling is way overrated in today's world, too)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Also messy with tobacco juice.