Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Indiscreet

10 posts in this topic

The movie Indiscreat.  Which they will be showing at this year’s TCM Classic Film Festivel.  That’s with Carey Grant right?  I just love him.  He’s one of my very favorite’s and who’s in it with him?

4 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

The movie Indiscreat.  Which they will be showing at this year’s TCM Classic Film Festivel.  That’s with Carey Grant right?  I just love him.  He’s one of my very favorite’s and who’s in it with him?

The film Indiscreet,   stars Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman.      It was released in 1958.    A very charming film since the two stars have good chemistry.

• Like 1

They are wonderful together in  "Notorious".

Either TCM isn't showing this film very much

Or..they are showing it and I keep missing it.

A popular film, it is featured in the "In a foreign field" (season 2) episode of "Dr. Blake Mysteries" (a retro-mystery series set in Australia in the 1950's)

I like it. You can see a little reference to it in a fun little romantic, (might even be a TV movie) flick called: 'Once in Paris" starring (of all people) Wayne Rogers opposite Jacqueline Bissett.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, David Guercio said:

I hadn't realized it was going to be shown at the TCM Festival. It's smart and witty and it's the kind of film which seems to take place in its own hermetically sealed world, which is both a plus and a minus. It was taken from a stage play (Kind Sir) and turned into a screenplay by the same writer, Norman Krasna; there's a relatively small cast, so that adds to the "staginess", but they're all top-notch and they get the most out of a clever script. It was done by Cary Grant's production company, so I assume he had a hand in reuniting himself with Ingrid Bergman and they really strike sparks off each other, as they did in Notorious. There's charm to spare and I really love this film...and I bet you will too.

• Like 1