Sign in to follow this  
nopeda

Please help with name of movie from... '70s(?)

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Now and then a movie comes to mind from the '70s I think. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in Europe in a city. A woman was out with her son...maybe son and daughter...and the son or both of them started chasing a balloon I think and ran away from her. She started chasing after him/them and was running up and down long flights of stairs and into subways etc but couldn't catch up with him/them. They got away from her and she lost her child/children having to go back home without them of course very upset. She had already been under psychiatric care of some kind and this just made it worse, and the way I remember it her husband blamed her for losing the kid(s). I know it wasn't that movie called "The Red Balloon", but I can't remember any part of what the name of it actually is. From what I wrote does it sound familiar to anyone? It's been bugging me for a while I can't remember the name of it or what ended up happening. 

Thank you for any help!
David

37 minutes ago, nopeda said:

Hi,

Now and then a movie comes to mind from the '70s I think. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in Europe in a city. A woman was out with her son...maybe son and daughter...and the son or both of them started chasing a balloon I think and ran away from her. She started chasing after him/them and was running up and down long flights of stairs and into subways etc but couldn't catch up with him/them. They got away from her and she lost her child/children having to go back home without them of course very upset. She had already been under psychiatric care of some kind and this just made it worse, and the way I remember it her husband blamed her for losing the kid(s). I know it wasn't that movie called "The Red Balloon", but I can't remember any part of what the name of it actually is. From what I wrote does it sound familiar to anyone? It's been bugging me for a while I can't remember the name of it or what ended up happening. 

Thank you for any help!
David

Could it be "The Deadly Trap" (1971) with Faye Dunaway?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Could it be "The Deadly Trap" (1971) with Faye Dunaway?

Yes! That is it. Thank you so much!!!

• Like 1