Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Are There Any Stars From The Ten Commandments Who Are Still Alive

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any stars from The Ten Commandments who are still alive?  Of course we know Charlton Heston and Yule Brinner aren’t.

Chuck Heston's kid, Fraser, who played the baby Moses sent down the Nile, is still around at age 64.

(...okay okay, maybe not "a star", but still)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Chuck Heston's kid, Fraser, who played the baby Moses sent down the Nile, is still around at age 64.

(...okay okay, maybe not "a star", but still)

ab127dad04f07375eaec2da9cba42bc3.jpg

• Like 1

Fraser Heston became a writer and director.

Image result for fraser heston the mountain men\

He wrote "The Mountain Men" (1980), which starred his father and Brian Keith.

Image result for charlton heston brian keith

He wrote and directed "Mother Lode," a 1982 independent feature that starred his father and Kim Basinger.

Image result for charlton heston kim basinger

And he directed "Needful Things," the 1993 thriller based on the novel by Stephen King. Max von Sydow, who was Christ in George Stevens' "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (1965), showed up as a gentleman named Leland Gaunt in the film version of King's tale.

Image result for max von sydow needful things images

• Thanks 2

Riselle Bain, who played young Miriam, the sister who watched over the infant Moses' basket in the Nile, is a cantor at Temple Israel of Highlands County in Sebring, Florida. 

Cantor2

Credited in the movie as Babette (her middle name), Bain shared an early scene with Martha Scott -- who played her mother and the mother of the infant Moses (Fraser Heston). Scott also had scenes with Charlton Heston as the adult Moses. She also played his mother in "Ben-Hur," although she was only 11 years older.

Image result for riselle bain

• Thanks 2

Lisa Mitchell, who played Lulua, one of Jethro's daughters, is alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karlofffan said:

Lisa Mitchell, who played Lulua, one of Jethro's daughters, is alive.

So is Joanna Merlin, who played one of Jethro's other daughters. In addition to her career as an actress, she has served as a casting director.

She's probably best remembered for her appearances as Judge Lena Petrovsky in episodes of TV's "Law & Order."

Related image

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jakeem said:

So is Joanna Merlin, who played one of Jethro's other daughters. In addition to her career as an actress, she has served as a casting director.

She's probably best remembered for her appearances as Judge Lena Petrovsky in episodes of TV's "Law & Order."

Related image

Was she an eye for an eye judge? If so, I think I know where she may have gotten her inspiration.

moses-pointing.jpg

• Haha 1

I've seen Joanna Merlin frequently on Law and Order, but I remember her best as the dance teacher, Miss Berg, who has to tell Lisa Monroe that a career in dance is not for her (Try acting instead), in FAME (1980).

51 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Was she an eye for an eye judge? If so, I think I know where she may have gotten her inspiration.

moses-pointing.jpg

Well, she wasn't exactly a "hanging judge," but I wouldn't have messed with her in her courtroom. Judge Petrovsky also appeared in numerous episodes of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" until her retirement in 2011.

Mel Brooks is still alive.

HarmfulFamiliarFireant-small.gif

Okay, okay, maybe it was from a different film, but Mel's one scene as Big Moze was memorable. He might have done a better job at wiping the latkes and applesauce off his fingers, though, before he picked up those tablets.

In one of his more memorable comedy routines, I always thought George Carlin did a pretty good job of being able to use logic in dwindling down the Ten Commandments to just two.

(...and so there's that too on the comedy front of this topic)