Sign in to follow this  
starstricken

Movies Aren't Running Again, March 5 2019

2 posts in this topic

I haven't had any tcm streaming problems for the past month or so (on a roll!), but tonight, March 5, there are problems with all of the films that I have tried to stream.  The little white reel takes a long time to start spinning.  Once it spins and the movie starts running, the picture and sound are interrupted, then the action repeats as if the film is skipping, then the film stalls altogether and goes black with the little white reel spinning again.  I tried several films that expire today and tomorrow. It's very frustrating to begin watching a movie that is interrupted in this way.  I remember during the 1950's when the projector went crazy, but that was usually corrected in a few minutes.  This is awful, but no one at m seems to care. Back to my old, reliable vcr collection.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, starstricken said:

I haven't had any tcm streaming problems for the past month or so (on a roll!), but tonight, March 5, there are problems with all of the films that I have tried to stream.  The little white reel takes a long time to start spinning.

Yes, back at the begining of February we had a total meltdown and nothing would play successfully. March was quite normal... but last week, problems have returned. I began having problems streaming the Greta Garbo films midweek. For a while I could I least see the  films thru the Web interface, or partway thru the Apps before they froze.. now access is totally broken — both the WatchTCM Apps and Web interface. Right now I can’t even stream the film THE NATURAL which was shown earlier in the evening?

Even though it seems useless to do so, I am reporting the problem to Tech Support... they never seem to reply!