Sign in to follow this  
MadameChaplin89

what movie is this???

11 posts in this topic

i have a movie that i dont remember..... 

when i  did have tv i watched TCM all the time and now that i dont i cant anymore...

anyways, there was a movie i watched and remembered it was actually so good but i dont remember the title. 

there was 2 woman in a house i think in the country that were getting help hostage by this man who i think had a gun. and they were trying to escape to get help,i believe one escaped and got help or someone and the man got caught. the woman were old ish or one of them..it was black and white and possible 1940 or 1950's.

i dont know if this is the right format for this but im so stuck... 

I think Gershwin might be onto it, but I gotta ask.....

You aren't any relation to e.e cummings, are you?  ;)

Just askin'.......

Sepiatone

It turns out I was wrong, as the following sentence from one of his online bios indicates:

Reading to an indifferent audience in 1950, he finally grew angry and stormed out, shouting at his apathetic listeners, "Well, write poetry, for God's sake; it's the only thing that matters."

But sorry, MadameChaplin, getting back to the question. My first guess for your probable rejection would actually be a color movie from 1969: "The Night of the Following Day" with Marlon Brando and Richard Boone as robbers who kidnap young Pamela Franklin and hold her hostage at the home of a drug-addicted stewardess played by Rita Moreno.

Come to think of it, one better possibility that is in beautiful black-and-white would be 1964's "Lady in a Cage" wherein street thugs James Caan, Jennifer Billingsley and Rafael Campos intrude into the home of Olivia de Havilland while she is trapped in her cage-like elevator and terrorize her throughout the film, and in fact Ann Sothern as a stranger also trying to capitalize on Olivia's predicament finds herself terrorized by the thugs also, so she may be the second woman of your description. One of my favorite movies of this type, with a really great supporting performance by Jeff Corey.

A movie I would have asked about last year would have been one that I walked into the middle of when my sister was watching it on late-night TV in the mid-1970s, an old movie with a very young Billy Gray as a boy suspecting the neighbor was a murderer, but what stood out for it for both of us was that my sister pointed out that Jane Wyatt was in the film too, the two working together years before "Father Knows Best." Without having seen it again for decades, I had finally searched through all of Gray's credits and couldn't find an occasion where he worked with his TV mom aside from the sitcom, and finally in 2018 I saw the movie on TCM. But as it turns out, we were wrong... it wasn't Jane Wyatt but our future First Lady Nancy Davis, in David Bradley's 1952 "Talk About a Stranger." And the neighbor under suspicion was also one of my TV favorites of which I was unaware the first time I saw (most of) the movie, Kurt Kasznar of "Land of the Giants." The funniest story that comes to mind about him is that when Jonathan Harris guest-starred on "Giants" he was certain that Irwin Allen had ordered Kasznar to play his Fitzhugh character more like Dr. Smith, which Kasznar denied, to which Harris insisted that Kasznar was too wonderful an actor to be stealing someone else's schtick, and the two actors parted the episode in a friendly way but with Harris insisting he knew Kasznar was lying.

3 hours ago, Defenestrator said:

I had finally searched through all of Gray's credits and couldn't find an occasion where he worked with his TV mom aside from the sitcom,

You do know IMDb has a search feature where you can search what projects two people were both in?

damn, i dont know how people do it, im so impressed how easy it is to ask and people actally know the awnser, i believe it was night must fall! thank you so much all! :) i greatly appreciate it! :) its so hard to remeber all of these when i dont have tcm anymore :( 

but thank you all! :D