Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Brian DePalma's "Sisters" (1972)

6 posts in this topic

Margot Kidder plays siamese twins with a deadly secret in Brian DePalma's horror classic is now available in Blu ray from Criterion.   The story is obviously inspired by Hitchcock's psycho but DePalma manages to give his own unique vision. Jennifer Salt is the too curious reporter. William Finley as the creepy ex husband.  Berdnard Herrman's score enhances the terror and suspense.

• Like 2

Jennifer Salt went on to star in the wonderful ABC parody show, 'Soap'. I didn't realize it was the same actress as in this flick. Their hairstyle threw me. I'll still take that series over any comedy made since.

Margot Kidder went on to become an egomaniac, so I've heard. She had an overweaning opinion of her acting talents. I feel she did make a quite good Lois Lane though. Against all credibility she wound up apt in that slot.

What makes 'Sisters' such a gem is Charles Durning in the minor support. When you got a guy like that in support, you're in good company.

• Like 1

Very good movie, even though I'm not a big fan of split-screen shots. And Charles Durning was...is one of my favorite actors, always fun to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Jennifer Salt went on to star in the wonderful ABC parody show, 'Soap'. I didn't realize it was the same actress as in this flick. Their hairstyle threw me. I'll still take that series over any comedy made since.

Margot Kidder went on to become an egomaniac, so I've heard. She had an overweaning opinion of her acting talents. I feel she did make a quite good Lois Lane though. Against all credibility she wound up apt in that slot.

What makes 'Sisters' such a gem is Charles Durning in the minor support. When you got a guy like that in support, you're in good company.

Jennifer Salt is interviewed in one of the few extras on the bluray. Kidder is very good but now we know she suffered from some mental issues.  I agree with you about Durning.  This time I noticed the films humor