YANKEESFAN42

WATCH TCM APP WORKING, BUT NOW I CAN'T SIGN IN WITH MY TV PROVIDER?????

12 posts in this topic

Okay now Watch TCM App working, but when I got to sign in I can't because my TV provider isn't coming up on the list.  Now I have been watching for months with the same provider, but now not participating????  So I have TCM at home on my cable, but I still can't use the Watch TCM App????  This is so wrong!!!!  TCM says it has to be a provider on their list?  Where's the list???  It was on the so called list, but now since the build and only as of today it isn't anymore?  Someone stop screwing things up and fix the App!!!!  How am I getting my Watch TCM App privileges back now???  Help!!  I need my Watch TCM!!!!

Okay, I can watch on my PC, but can't activate thru my Roku.  The whole activation process is messed up because no one can get passed the first step with the provider.  No providers come up at all so you're just stuck at the first step.  Please someone fix this!!!!!

Yes, I have tried, but when the activate comes up there are no providers listed so I am stuck at that step and can't go any further.  Something is wrong with the activate website.....

Yes, I have been having the same problem too. The Watch TCM app for Roku is the worst one I have encountered. I often wonder why TCM can't create a working app when it seems like every other network can. The Watch TCM app often fails to load. When it does load, there are times when it forces me to reactivate the app. This weekend, when I try to watch TCM through the Watch TCM app on my Roku, I am directed to reactivate the app. When I go to tcm.com/activate, I am prompted to select my provider from a blank pop-up window.

Roku-Activate-TCM.jpg

I should see a pop-up window with a list of providers to choose from. As you can see here, TNT has managed to do it correctly. Is this really so hard for TCM to do?

Roku-Activate-TNT.jpg

Thank you so much for reassuring me that the problem I am having is REAL!!!!  That's exactly what I am encountering just what you displayed above.  Just want them to fix it and fast.  It can't be that hard to do with someone with programming skills.  It should've all been done when they did the upgrade or build for Roku as they did on March 14, but obviously whoever did it didn't follow thru and actually test it.  This was done half a__ed most people would say.  Just get this done TCM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Roku did the same thing. I had to put in a new code, even though it did not look like the Watch TCM app updated. Got the very same blank screen with no option of providers. Yep, BAD TCM!

EDIT: Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick. Both get the blank menu with no options.

Amazon Fire TV Stick gave me trouble too. Did not get primary list of providers. Had to scroll all the way to the bottom for Xfinity. Did log in and all seems okay.

Normally I would consider multiple posts on the same topic spam but anyway I found what maybe a solution to those having difficulty registering their ROKU devices.

I had the same problem.

This worked for me.

After entering the activation code on www.tcm.com/activate, I found instead of clicking on the ROKU choice I chose the Amazon app instead and that showed a selection of TV providers unlike the ROKU which was blank, I selected my provider from the list and low and behold the TCM app on my ROKU was activated. Worked in my case, hope it helps you. YMMV

I suggest owning more than one product. They are reasonable. You can never be sure about the people who make apps for Watch TCM.😎

Nothing will play, even after I am supposedly activated and signed in. Happens on both the Roku and mobile apps. Ridiculous!

From the day it was introduced on the Roku platform, the 'Watch TCM' app didn't work for me...until yesterday.  I think there was an authentication glitch between the app and my tv provider, which is Google Fiber.  I also tried to use the app on my iPhone, to no avail, but maybe the process of authenticating on that device made the app work on my Roku?  It was a maddening process, but I'm happy to finally have TCM on my Roku...

I just started having the same problem with the WatchTCM app yesterday. 

The app was working fine on my iPad (new in 2018), with my provider, Spectrum. Now, it’s nothing but problems. I have deleted and downloaded the app several times, several different ways. (And I’m at home, using our own secure network.)  The app downloads, prompts for the cable provider, I select Spectrum, and . . . nothing. Nothing but trouble. 

Ironically, the app continues to work fine on my iPhone.