Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Chelsea Clinton berated by students blaming her 'rhetoric' for causing New Zealand shootings

9 posts in this topic

Chelsea Clinton berated by students blaming her 'rhetoric' for causing New Zealand shootings

Video of Chelsea Clinton being confronted by several students who claimed her "rhetoric" had "stoked" the New Zealand mosque attacks went viral Saturday — and allowed for an unexpected bipartisan moment as Republicans came to her defense.

The video was taken Friday at a vigil in New York for the 50 victims of the shootings, which targeted two mosques in Christchurch. Students confronted Clinton, who is pregnant with her third child, over statements she'd made denouncing anti-Semitism.  

"This right here is the result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world," one student said in the video. "I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep inside. The 49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there."

Other students who circled around started snapping in support, a show of solidarity instead of clapping.

Woman blames @ChelseaClinton’s rhetoric for the New Zealand Mosque massacre.

The account this video originated on has since been deleted.

pic.twitter.com/T8A3IyEx2G
    — Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 16, 2019

Clinton responded, putting her hands up to her heart, and telling the group that she was sorry they felt her comments were wrong. Clinton, the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, was one of many political leaders who denounced anti-Semitism after Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar criticized Israel's treatment of Palestinians and alleged money and lobbying were driving the United States to defend Israel and halt debate over the issue.

This shows what a different perspective some people have on who is to blame.

Wow, you must have really wracked your brain to come up with that profound observation, MM. I know, of course, you would never give any Clinton the benefit of the doubt and suggest the possibility that the students were wrong to indict her for NZ.

This thread wasn't needed because the topic was already covered.  No need for a Pewdiepie thread either, go figure how he ever got caught up in the shooter's ramblings. :wacko:

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

This thread wasn't needed because the topic was already covered.

Some people might be wondering what Chelsea is up to these days.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TomJH said:

Wow, you must have really wracked your brain to come up with that profound observation, MM. I know, of course, you would never give any Clinton the benefit of the doubt and suggest the possibility that the students were wrong to indict her for NZ.

I assume MM is saying the students were wrong to blame Clinton.   E.g. this statement by one of the students "The 49 people died because of the rhetoric you put out there" is illogical,  unreasonable and comes from someone that is misguided (at best).

WHAT does denouncing anti-Semitism have to do with a Mosque shooting? I'm sure the shooter hated both equally...

• Thanks 2

Anti-Semitism and hatred of Muslims are the basic foundational building blocks of the extreme right-wing party, the national front,

Headed by Marine Le Pen in France.

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

WHAT does denouncing anti-Semitism have to do with a Mosque shooting? I'm sure the shooter hated both equally...

• Thanks 1