Hwest112

Meeting for potential Maryland Chapter

19 posts in this topic

Maryland Members. A group of us plan to meet in anticipation of a Maryland Chapter. We will meet for the matinee on Sunday, March 23rd at the Regal Germantown.  If you are interested in joining us, post here.

No one actually came to the theatre that day, so I've been unable to get a Chapter together for Maryland. There is a group that meets in Alexandria VA (but as this is 1.5 hours from my home, I don't go).

Any chance to try again and see if there is interest in getting this chapter going? I wasn't signed up in the forums when the first call went out. The Rockville or Germantown theaters are close to me. 

• Thanks 1

I would also be interested in this; Rockville or Silver Spring preferred locations 😁

• Like 1

If all 4 people on this thread are still interested, we would only need one more person to have a viable group! Maybe others who were scheduled to attend the March 23rd meeting at the Regal Germantown would still be interested in forming a group?

I am very much a neophyte here, and cannot really organize this effort. But I am very willing to participate (I do work, so it would be weekends for me).

• Like 1

I agree, maybe one of us can message to their profile -of those who commented interest and alert to this thread and that we're trying to revive the effort. I don't know if that is permitted? I thought I saw an earlier thread of members looking for a DMV group but it was no longer active as in no one got replies to messages? Not sure I remember it 100% I'll look for it. Could be an opportunity for members.

• Like 1

LaRaieVerte- I put a message on the other thread that you are referring to regarding our efforts on this thread, but I didn't contact people individually. I realize people probably don't check in on these message boards that frequently, but hopefully some positive response will trickle in 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hi

Would everyone like to try meeting at the Rockville Regal for the 1pm showing of "Lawrence of Arabia"? We can at least try to get something going.

• Like 2

Hey Hwest112- It looks like Sunday 9/1 @1PM is the date that you are referring to? If so, I am all in! 

Excellent - let's plan to be there by 12:30. Let's meet inside at the concession stand. There are tables there and we can meet there. I'll be with my husband who is very noticeable - Striking grey hair and a mustache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just FYI - I posted that we ARE meeting there. Perhaps it will attract a few more people.

Look forward to meeting you.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen! I will wear my TCM T- shirt. Hopefully others have viewed this string, and will join the 4 of us that have committed to attend :-)

• Like 1

Late to this thread but I'd totally be down for Rockville/Germantown chapter for meetups.

I know they've basically done away with the Backlot chapters but right now the "official" DC/MD/VA one always has showings in VA & I'm just not driving that far for a movie. 

I don't need free tickets to the movie either, which was the only perk that Backlot chapters got & still get, I just want to meet up with other more local fans & have discussions.