Sign in to follow this  
CinemaInternational

RIP 20th Century Fox

77 posts in this topic

Just now, calvinnme said:

Not that I know anything about these Fox film projects that Disney axed, but considering everything Disney has touched in the last five years has turned to cr*p, I'm surprised that anybody at Disney thinks that they can spot cr*p when they see it. They've managed to ruin Star Wars, MCU (not that big of a fan in the first place), and it looks like they are working their magic on Pixar with a completely unneeded Toy Story 4.  The only interesting movie I can think of involving all of this would have Walt rising from his grave and taking bloody revenge on the bean counter suits that did this to his empire.  I WOULD pay to see THAT.

the two that got axed were an adaptation of an African-American themed young adult film, and a drama with Tom Hanks. Both have been successfully moved to other studios.

1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

the two that got axed were an adaptation of an African-American themed young adult film, and a drama with Tom Hanks. Both have been successfully moved to other studios.

Also, the fate of completed-but-recut Fox-Marvel movie The New Mutants--which tried to spin the superhero comic way off-book into a "teen-horror" tale, since it was from Deadpool's producers, and couldn't tread on property owned by the X-Men franchise--is still in limbo, with no one quite sure of whether it'll be going direct-to-streaming, or trying its "luck" in a buried theatrical release, just like "X-Men: Dark Phoenix".