Sign in to follow this  
Brrrcold

"The Best of the Essentials"

3 posts in this topic

This general assumption is now apparently fact, as evidenced by the online daily schedules now updated for April. Those TBA entries on each 8 pm. Saturday slot are now filled (EAST OF EDEN, SINGING IN THE RAIN, NORMA RAE, CAT PEOPLE). The May and June Saturday's are still TBA.

Does anyone know how this will work? There is nothing included in the monthly highlights pages. The subsite for The Essentials (http://essentials.tcm.com/) is still live, displaying the 2017 selection.

Did I miss an announcement?

I just saw the scheduale too.  This Saturday night.  They will have The Best Of The Essentials.  Beginning at 8pm est 5pm pac.  Which will be a double feature.  It will be.

East Of Eden from 1955 with Alec Baldwin and David Letterman and

The Night Of The Hunter from 1955.  I think with Robert Osbourne and Rose McGowan.

I think that’s one of the special things they’re doing for their 25th anniversary.  I’m really looking forward to it and to answer your question.  I don’t know why they didn’t have another season of the Essentials last year after Alec Baldwin finished his first.  I miss it too.  But it’s alright.  We could enjoy this this Saturday night and maybe the Essentials will be back for another season next month and when everybody gets a chance.  Head on over to the Essentials Jr board and check out my request for Essentials Jr this summer.  I’m hopping.  I dreamed it up myself.