Sign in to follow this  
miki

Boston area West Side Story screenings coming up!

10 posts in this topic

Attention, Boston-area West Side Story fans!

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  West Side Story (yup, the 1961 film version!) will be playing at the Somerville Theatre, in Somerville, MA, in Davis Square, as part of their annual 70mm film festival.  The dates and times are as follows:

Friday, May 17th, at 8:00 o'clock p. m.

Saturday, May 18th, at 1:30 p. m.  

I'll be attending both screenings.  

Here's hoping that lots of Boston-area West Side Story fans come to these two screenings of this great, golden oldie-but-keeper of a classic movie-musical.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw both screenings of the 70mm version of the 1961 film West Side Story, with friends, and we all had a fabulous  time.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, miki said:

I saw both screenings of the 70mm version of the 1961 film West Side Story, with friends, and we all had a fabulous  time.  

That's great. So how many times have you seen the movie now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

That's great. So how many times have you seen the movie now?

Thanks, TopBilled!  To be honest, I've lost count at this point, but then again, who's counting.  

 

How are you this morning, btw?  A curious, inquiring  mind wants to know.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, miki said:

Thanks, TopBilled!  To be honest, I've lost count at this point, but then again, who's counting.  

How are you this morning, btw?  A curious, inquiring  mind wants to know.  

I'm fine...thanks for asking! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I'm fine...thanks for asking! :) 

You're welcome!  Glad to hear you're doing well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, miki said:

You're welcome!  Glad to hear you're doing well.

Thank you. If you get the chance and feel like doing it, maybe you can describe how the recent screening was...like what you noticed about the other people attending. Etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, TopBilled said:

Thank you. If you get the chance and feel like doing it, maybe you can describe how the recent screening was...like what you noticed about the other people attending. Etc.

Hi there, TopBilled:  

Sorry I'm late to this post, but I did attend both screenings of the 70mm film version of West Side Story with friends just this past May, at the Somerville Theatre, not far from where I live, and we all had a wonderful time.  The film itself was really pristine, and the soundtrack to the film was punchy and in one's face, as it's supposed to be.  My friends and I sat on the balcony of the theatre, and we enjoyed it even more.  Everybody in the movie theatre was laughing out loud at the funny parts, and there were some people weeping at the end, after Tony was shot.  Neither screening of West Side Story sold out, but we got a good crowd. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, TopBilled said:

That's great. So how many times have you seen the movie now?

To be truthful, I've lost count of how many times I've seen the 1961 film version of West Side Story, but then again, who's counting?  :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miki said:

Hi there, TopBilled:  

Sorry I'm late to this post, but I did attend both screenings of the 70mm film version of West Side Story with friends just this past May, at the Somerville Theatre, not far from where I live, and we all had a wonderful time.  The film itself was really pristine, and the soundtrack to the film was punchy and in one's face, as it's supposed to be.  My friends and I sat on the balcony of the theatre, and we enjoyed it even more.  Everybody in the movie theatre was laughing out loud at the funny parts, and there were some people weeping at the end, after Tony was shot.  Neither screening of West Side Story sold out, but we got a good crowd. 

Interesting. Do you think there were a lot of "new" people watching it? By this I mean people who were viewing it for the first time...were there a lot of young people in attendance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us