Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

George Conway Speaks Up

94 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2019 at 5:09 AM, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Ronna McDaniel

“While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

—The Special Counsel

So who’s the liar who shouldn’t be taken seriously?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

We all get older as time passes and get a few wrinkles and gain a little weight in all probability in middle age.

But I recently saw a photo of George around the time of the birth of his children. And he was hot to trot. 

Also, there were comments made in legal periodicals about him years ago that he was shy and didn't like his photo published.  And that's when he was really good looking. LOL

George is part Filipino and reminded me of Desi Arnaz when he was young.

True, but some people gain more than a little weight. Conway has put on a lot of pounds or

else has been overweight for a while. I still enjoy his twitter take downs of Dumb Donny.

18 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

True, but some people gain more than a little weight. Conway has put on a lot of pounds or

else has been overweight for a while. I still enjoy his twitter take downs of Dumb Donny.

Donald Trump has constantly attacked or mocked people because of their appearance.  So he is fair game to be called "fat" or whatever.  George Conway doesn't do this, he just speaks truth to power.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arturo said:

Donald Trump has constantly attacked or mocked people because of their appearance.  So he is fair game to be called "fat" or whatever.  George Conway doesn't do this, he just speaks truth to power.  

Indeed. Trump is like a super projector. Looks, lies, fakes, whatever Donny mocks he

is ten times worse in the same category. Too stupid or too hypocritical to notice it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:
  On 4/7/2019 at 10:30 PM, jakeem said:

Two words you won't find in Kirstjen Nielsen's resignation letter: Donald Trump. Nielsen writes, "It has been my great honor to lead the men and women of the Department as its sixth Secretary." She does not say it was an honor to have served President Trump.

George Conway Retweeted The New York T

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea test-fires a new tactical guided weapon. Kim Jong Un calls it an "event of very weighty significance."

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Peter Baker

kju writes big beautiful letters saying nice things about our president so it’s all okay everyone can feel much safer there is no longer a nuclear threat check out those oceanfront lots on the sea of japan wouldn’t that be a great place for a trump hotel no collusion maga

• Sad 1

On 3/20/2019 at 7:00 AM, jakeem said:

George Conway, often referred to as Mr. Kellyanne Conway by those who know him, is VERY jealous of his wife’s success & angry that I, with her help, didn’t give him the job he so desperately wanted. I barely know him but just take a look, a stone cold LOSER & husband from hell!

7:51 AM - 20 Mar 2019

On 3/20/2019 at 6:50 AM, jakeem said:

Extraordinary -- George Conway details his private conversations with Trump to @jdawsey1, including the president asking him about firing Preet Bharara and seeking his advice on lawyers to hire for Mueller probe

On 3/20/2019 at 6:51 AM, jakeem said:

Laurence Tribe Retweeted Philip Rucker

Trump Lie #27,438: that he doesn’t know @gtconway3d

On 3/20/2019 at 7:01 AM, jakeem said:

Jonathan Lemire Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Trump aides have, for weeks, encouraged the president to ignore George Conway. Those efforts proved unsuccessful

Apparently Trump doesn't take criticism very well.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Slate

This excellent piece by @jentaub gives the lie to “the belief that when someone’s ‘efforts to influence’ a proceeding fail, there are no grounds for obstruction. Not so. The federal statute and case law make this clear. An attempt to obstruct that fails is still a crime.”

But again, the standard for what should cause a president to forfeit his office should—must—be far, far lower than what should land him in a federal penitentiary.

The link to Jennifer Taub's article is posted above George's comment.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, jakeem said:

George Conway, husband of top White House aide Kellyanne Conway, calls for Congress to remove President Trump from office following the release of the redacted special counsel report https://cnn.it/2Xv0DUx 

D4hHTzqXkAE6d72.jpg

On 4/19/2019 at 11:29 AM, Bogie56 said:

From Mr. Kellyanne Conway ....

Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him.
Opinion    By George T. Conway III    Read more »

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Axios

“Unending gold is buried in the Mueller report,” says @jonathanvswan. And indeed it is. Here’s how the stable genius announced in an NBC News interview that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation—thereby incriminating himself before the entire world:

32 minutes ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Has A Biting New Nickname For Donald Trump

He used the mocking #DerangedDonald moniker in a series of scathing tweets about Donald Trump.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-conway-donald-trump-nickname_n_5cc195efe4b01b6b3efd39c1?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

T-IWC9CG?format=jpg&name=600x314

George Conway Retweeted HuffPost

“It seemed to have stuck, with the hashtag #DerangedDonald trending on Twitter.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

It seemed to have stuck, with the hashtag #DerangedDonald trending on Twitter.”

It takes two very deranged individuals to get into such a grade-school social media battle.

PS:  It appears you have a lot of respect for George;  Did you feel the same way about Michael Avenatti?     

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

In Trump's world, there is a fine line between victor and victim. While he once welcomed the Mueller report as "total exoneration," he has spent the last few days assailing it as a "total ‘hit job’"produced by "true Trump Haters."

President Trump has vacillated between calling the Mueller report “total exoneration” and a “total ‘hit job.’”

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted Peter Baker

This is paradigmatic of someone with narcissistic personality disorder. #DerangedDonald

• Thanks 1

George Conway Retweeted Raw Story

“There is one faction of the Republican party that may be peeling off, ... and it’s [a] faction that Trump has been counting on .... I’m speaking of conservative lawyers, some of whom seem to feel a bit queasy about what they saw in the Mueller report and Trump’s reaction to it.”

“[Trump’s] accusation [that] McGahn [lied to Mueller] makes Trump’s claim of executive privilege look even more absurd, now that the president is disputing the testimony in public.”

“From a political standpoint, this is likely to make some of Trump’s most important allies unhappy: judges and lawyers upon whom he will have to depend in the coming legal battles. Many of them think highly of Don McGahn, ....”

There's nothing funny about this comment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

"The President continues to say false or misleading statements at an unbelievable pace," says the Washington Post's @GlennKesslerWP.

"He's now hit 10,000. That's an average of about 23 false or misleading claims a day in the last seven months." https://cnn.it/2GGNfpv 

Image result for trump 10,000 lies

Clyde Haberman Retweeted The Washington Post

That’s an average of 12 falsehoods a day — turbocharged lying.

George Conway Retweeted The Washington Post

Congrats, #DerangedDonald!! An amazing accomplishment!! No one but you could have achieved this. Not just the number. Covering all topics, never shying from even the most brazen, disprovable lies, you’ve even managed to tell multiple lies on same subject, lying even about lying!!

Summacum Liar- in- Chief

• Haha 1

Flashback: April 9.

CRIST: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter ... Do you know what they are referencing with that?

BARR: No, I don't.

The Attorney General’s answer here did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of the truth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

"I don't have anything to add to that," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells @jonkarl when asked if the U.S. can verify reports that some of the people who were part of the North Korean negotiating team in Hanoi were executed https://abcn.ws/2JIMBvS 

PHOTO: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks during a news conference, April 22, 2019, at the Department of State in Washington, D.C.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

George Conway Retweeted This Week

The Secretary of State of the United States of America is *smirking* about the fact that Kim Jong Un may have executed some of his aides.

• Sad 1

Helen Kennedy Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The president opposes any public testimony from the special counsel who investigated him.

53 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

George Conway @gtconway3d 2h2 hours ago

George Conway Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Gosh, you don’t want everyone to hear from the ultimate source about how he Completely and Totally EXONERATED you?

:lol::blink:

"Just Running Scared

Each place we go

So afraid  that he might show.....

Then all at once he was standing there

So sure of himself his head in the air"

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

House Democrat clarifies comments on Special Counsel Robert Mueller and Judiciary Committee reaching "tentative date" for special counsel to testify

I'm very curious what you believe will be learned from questioning Mueller.

I can't see anything learned from this;   E.g. if Mueller comments that he felt Barr's summary was misleading - that isn't news since only a fool would think otherwise.

I ask because I wonder why Mueller testifying is so important to you (or anyone).

so IF his testimony will have NO effect,

why do YOU (or Trump) care ??

:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

so IF his testimony will have NO effect,

why do YOU (or Trump) care ??

:unsure:

Who said I cared????     Anyhow,  I stick by the point that Mueller testimony will have NO effect and that the American public and Congress will NOT learn anything (as Larry said,  at most it would just confirm what bright people already know).

But hey,  I could be wrong;   what effect do you think his testimony will have?    What do you believe will be learned?  

The only possible effect it could have,  which I implied in my prior post,  is that it might force Pelosi's hand on impeachment.      I.e. if Mueller says;  the facts related to obstruction by Trump are there in the report,,, the rest is up to Congress,,,,,    this pushes Pelosi into a corner.

As for why Trump cares;  come on that is obvious; because he is a baby and he can't stand any level of criticisms and much in the report makes him look un-Presidential (if not criminal).

Of course maybe this is just another game by Trump (with help from Barr);  he wants Pelosi to impeach since he believes impeachment without a conviction is a campaign boost.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm very curious what you believe will be learned from questioning Mueller.

I can't see anything learned from this;   E.g. if Mueller comments that he felt Barr's summary was misleading - that isn't news since only a fool would think otherwise.

I ask because I wonder why Mueller testifying is so important to you (or anyone).

Ideally, he would testify and say outright whether or not he believed Trump broke any US law (obstruction) and get that question out of the way. 

• Thanks 1