Sign in to follow this  
jinsinna13

Hottest Teen Idols

52 posts in this topic

The Hotties From Early TV Thread inspired me to create a new one with teen idols. The teen idols can either be male or female, your choice.

I'll start with Jason Priestley and Luke Perry (RIP).

• Like 1

Sandra Dee is the one that comes to mind for her particular generation...the late 50s/early 60s. Along with Troy Donahue.

screen-shot-2019-04-19-at-8.56.34-am.jpe

• Like 1

I really don't pay much attention to teen idols now but once when the "Decades" network was running a weekend of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" my eye was caught by this pretty young lady.  Tuesday Weld.

Image result for tuesday weld

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Sandra Dee is the one that comes to mind for her particular generation...the late 50s/early 60s. Along with Troy Donahue.

screen-shot-2019-04-19-at-8.56.34-am.jpe

TopBilled, great choices. I'm a fan of both, and I preferred Troy Donahue over Tab Hunter. (Tab Hunter I know from his real life role as Anthony Perkins ex, but that's a conversation better suited for a different day.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was in school, the biggest teen idols were Francis X. Bushman and Gladys Cooper.

Francis+X.+Bushman.jpg

Gladys-Cooper-amazing-hair-postcard-rota

• Haha 5

Some others I haven't mentioned yet:

Leonardo DiCaprio

River Phoenix

Annette Funicello

Phoebe Cates

Richard Thomas

Ralph Macchio

Rob Lowe

C. Thomas Howell

Brian Austin Green

Jonathan Brandis

• Like 1

While she probably never achieved "Teen Idol" status, MAN, did I ever have a big big crush on Angela Cartwright here during my teenage years...

Angela%20Cartwright%201018%204-14-16.jpg

• Like 5

she was 14 LIS's 3rd year but I always felt she looked at least 17 with her new look.

:D

Image result for angela cartwright penny robinson

Related image

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, laffite said:

who dat? ...she look familiar though ...

If you're asking about the young lady pictured twice right above your question here laffite, that would be two more pictures of Angela Cartwright that The Nipster posted of her, and taken at a few years older than the one I posted of her above.

My first crush ever was no other than Annette but only as a Mouseketeer. After that I totally lost interest. Then came Mary Stone, who may still be  the prettiest girl I ever saw. She once said, in tears, "I have about as much sex appeal as a wet mop." That surprised me because I thought she had a lot going for her. And Sandra Dee. of course. Adored her. Who didn't? Stephanie Powers as she appeared in Experiment of Terror. After that I gave her up, she became too sophisticated. For instance in The Interns, she looked like she did in Terror, but in the sequel she left me cold, she lost her youthful persona and tried to be too grownup. Hey Dargo, your response just came through. Wow, I thought she looked familiar but I would have never recognized her. After all my 50s heart throbs I fell out of circulation after having joined the military where my first duty station was so far out there that we didn't even have freaking television. So I couldn't even tell you from where those older Angela's come from. Now I've lost my train of thought ; oh yeah, the 50s. It may be strange but as a rather young lad at the time I developed an appreciation for Rosemary DeCamp as she appeared on the Bob Cummings Show. So there was Joi Lansing strutting across my television screen all the time and yet I favored Rosemary even though I don't remember having any penchant for older women in those ancient, youthful bygone days. If I had an idol back then it was no doubt Bud. That brooding reticence with a touch of rebellion, I wanted to be like him. Instead I was stuck with me, ha.

:

10 minutes ago, laffite said:

...Now I've lost my train of thought ; oh yeah, the 50s. It may be strange but as a rather young lad at the time I developed an appreciation for Rosemary DeCamp as she appeared on the Bob Cummings Show. So there was Joi Lansing strutting across my television screen all the time and yet I favored Rosemary even though I don't remember having any penchant for older women in those ancient, youthful bygone days.

chuckmargaret.jpg

"Ya know Rosemary, you're pretty hot for an older lady!"

-"Why THANK YOU, laffite..ahem..I mean Dobie."

;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

chuckmargaret.jpg

"Ya know Rosemary, you're pretty hot for an older lady!"

-"Why THANK YOU, laffite..ahem..I mean Dobie."

;)

See, I tole ya ... ain't she cute!!

Good one, Darg !!!

1 minute ago, laffite said:

See, I tole ya ... ain't she cute?

Good one, Darg !!!

Ya know what's funny about all this, laffite?

It's that truth be known here, when I was a young kid, I thought Rosemary DeCamp was quite an attractive older lady too!

(...with or without her holding up a box of 20 Mule Team Borax laundry detergent) ;)

I watched The Squall (1929) yesterday, and was struck by how beautiful Loretta Young was in the film. She was only 15 or 16 when the film was made.

1137225296.png

• Like 1

The most beautiful Loretta ever was Midnight Mary (1933). I have her on my other computer, which is unavailable at present ... but you can take my word for it.

45 minutes ago, laffite said:

The most beautiful Loretta ever was Midnight Mary (1933). I have her on my other computer, which is unavailable at present ... but you can take my word for it.

I'll bump this one up on my watchlist. I love Bill Wellman and Franchot Tone.

30 minutes ago, Spritz Nipper said:

I'll bump this one up on my watchlist. I love Bill Wellman and Franchot Tone.

You'll love Loretta even more ... maybe.

1 minute ago, laffite said:

You'll love Loretta even more ... maybe.

We shall see.

Sidenote: I love your avatar picture. Scarlet Street is probably in my top 10 favorite films.

• Thanks 1

Harry Styles. That boy's a peach. And I'll mention Elvis if no one else will. :P

...I recall thinking that Ricky (when he was Ricky)  e

Eldon had a rather attractive-looking " blank " look to his face 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

I always thought David Cassidy had a decent voice.

And you know, I too think of "teen idols" as those who were/are idolized by teens,  and not necessarily teens themselves.  And in that group, we'd have to add---

FABIAN

BOBBY RYDELL

PAUL ANKA

'N' like that....

Sepiatone

• Like 1