Sign in to follow this  
JeanneCrain

No TCM airing of “The Exorcist” (1973) this holiday weekend?

14 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JeanneCrain said:

“The Power of Christ compels you!” 💋

No, but the networks are still airing "The Ten Commandments", thinking it's an Easter film.

• Haha 1

...Has TCM ever shown The Exorcist? Frankly, that seems to be a " stronger " R-rated film than they usually show!

1 minute ago, Walter L. said:

...Has TCM ever shown The Exorcist? Frankly, that seems to be a ' stronger " X-rated film than they usually show.

It's "R" rated.

27 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

It's "R" rated.

...Yes, I had already noticed that TCM will show MPAA-era films that are R-rated (Although, in fact, they don't show those ratings on-screen, they use the different TV ratings system that the US has.) and I knew that The Exorcist is R-rated, and I've seen it. I meant that it is a " stronger " R-rated film that what appears to be TCM's Standards & Practices allows. Have they ever shown it?

1 hour ago, Walter L. said:

...Yes, I had already noticed that TCM will show MPAA-era films that are R-rated (Although, in fact, they don't show those ratings on-screen, they use the different TV ratings system that the US has.) and I knew that The Exorcist is R-rated, and I've seen it. I meant that it is a " stronger " R-rated film that what appears to be TCM's Standards & Practices allows. Have they ever shown it?

moviecollector has a database of all the films TCM has shown someone will have a link.

From MovieCollectorOH's database:

Although WB (TCM parent company) owns the rights to The Exorcist, it has only been on twice in 2002.

Exorcist II has also only been on twice - April 2016, January 2018. The second one was probably part of TCM Undergound.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JeanneCrain said:

“The Power of Christ compels you!” 💋

It didn't compel TCM.

Some years TCM airs CHRISTMAS EVIL on the 24th of December, and BLACK CHRISTMAS on the 25th of December.

They don't let Christians dictate to them how to program their movies.

This is another hit-and-run thread created by a poster who has a history of stirring up "debate" meant to support her conservative politics, and now apparently religious beliefs too. 

One gets the impression she wants TCM to reflect her narrow-minded view of how society is supposed to exist. Fortunately TCM does not cater to that. My suggestion is that if TCM's too liberal for you, stop whinging and go somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like Jeanne Crain, I am using the name of a real person from the past. I try to keep that in mind when posting.

I feel TopBilled made a decent and kindly put statement.

Between cable/satellite and streaming, it is now possible to customize what you want to see on TV.

No one should be unhappy with their TV choices.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Walter L. said:

...Has TCM ever shown The Exorcist? Frankly, that seems to be a " stronger " R-rated film than they usually show!

No, even as a Warner movie, think that was one of the Five AMC Movies, back when their rotation of titles started becoming a bit...limited.  (Or do I have that confused with "The Omen"?)

This is another hit-and-run thread created by a poster who has a history of stirring up "debate" meant to support her conservative politics, and now apparently religious beliefs too. 

One gets the impression she wants TCM to reflect her narrow-minded view of how society is supposed to exist. Fortunately TCM does not cater to that. My suggestion is that if TCM's too liberal for you, stop whinging and go somewhere else.

This, and I've never understood how British slang turned the onomatopoetic "Whining" into "Whinging".  I've never heard a 3-yo. go "whinge, whinge".

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

No, even as a Warner movie, think that was one of the Five AMC Movies, back when their rotation of titles started becoming a bit...limited.  (Or do I have that confused with "The Omen"?)

This, and I've never understood how British slang turned the onomatopoetic "Whining" into "Whinging".  I've never heard a 3-yo. go "whinge, whinge".

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

...What are the " Five AMC Movies " you are referring to?

On 4/20/2019 at 11:43 PM, Walter L. said:

...What are the " Five AMC Movies " you are referring to?

By the time TCM had grabbed up most of the Warner movies, and before AMC discovered Mad Men, it seemed as if AMC had become a never-ending rotation of Jaws, The Omen, The Blues Brothers, Cleopatra and Blazing Saddles.

Not sure if The Exorcist was in there too, it's been a while.

• Thanks 1