spence

Question, has anyone even seen the new Dumbo?

5 posts in this topic

Already think I write about this on here, know I did many places elsewhere  Has any TCM-ITE went to check out the new live action remake of Disney's DUMBO or not yet, or plan to?

\As for me I always recall a bad picture more then just a mediocre one & this borders on both all the way (**-at the most) &what a drag/letdown from it's many heartbreaking trailers!

It's just non existent is all, something is missing& especially considering it's cast-(even Michael Keaton & Danny de Vito are dull as dishwater here) ^ Then there is Tim Burton of course in whats now possibly his weakest effort.   It focuses on the kids for 1 problem more then him (DUMBO)  & virtually no strong score to this time around?

& especially considering the 1941 all-time classic is so special in every way possible

So, please reply & let folks know what you think either way?   THANX

In the words of both legendary icons *Cooper & *Clint, I RECKON'   NOBODY SAW OR WANTS TO SEE THIS LETDOWN BY DISNEY & TIM BURTON ON THE PLUS SIDE THE RECENT MARY POPPINS: RETURNS (***-out of 4 stars) (made $170m.) WAS NICE!

(A TIP: There are 2 current books in most places, even pharmacies like CVS & Walgreens-(I just picked one up on THE GIODFATHER) & got another on the history of 1964's MARY POPPINS-(my first movie!) & Includes coverage of last yrs version. You know they aren't regular books, but those superb books/mags by LIFE,etc  That are everywhere thesdays, but not cheap$ all are usually $13.00  I also-(months back) got one of FRANKENSTEIN & another I can't recall at present & was so happy to get one last year or earlier on the history of SNL-((especially it's glorious first 5yrs) but lost the darn thing somewhere in my house like a big Irish dummy!?  Its gotta' be somewhere ion here, small apt & have approx. 135 to 150 movie books stared collecting them in ';79 at only age 15.  o yeah, the other tip & I still hope to get this one again by LIFE  The history of WALT DISNEY himself! ^ an aside, though on same topic somewhat Rolling Stone has them topo & I got 2 of M.A.D.O.N.N.A. & on that topic RS constantly has fans & editors polls of music & not only them but about 3 others keep voting Freddy "Queen"/"Bohemian Rhapsody" Mercury as the A #1 all-time greatest singer. Now it's producers & it's studio hope to cash in on that 4time Oscar winner $ B.O.$ smash ($235m.) "BR" with a biopic end of May on Elton John titled ROCKETMAN & many already know of the highly publized alled fight between MADONNA & LADY GA GA, it was just that BS They are pals in reality. MADONNA does this nowadays a lot, kinda passes the torch onto younger singers,etc Stunningly she's almost 39yrs older then GA GA! But, she & Elton John are the real deal, he HATES HER BIG-TIME! Started at the G. globes when she won Best song for a Bond flick DIE ANOTHER DAY over his song & he never forgave her. I hear he can be a real jerk but has some amazing music.   THANK YOU   BY THE WAY DUMBO IS NOT A TOTAL $B.O.$ FLOP, It'S GROSSED ABOUT $90m. to date. 

Prior to it's release, I was excited to see it ( I like Burton and love Danny Elfman's music) but I haven't read any good reviews (including yours), so I kind of put it out of my mind.

I saw it and liked it. Although, I enjoyed Mary Poppins Returns a whole lot better. Now that I've had some time to reflect, I realize that it wasn't an amazing movie. Good and fun, but not amazing. I really like DeVito and Keaton, but I felt like they were both watered down versions of themselves in this. I think everyone was trying to shy away from the nonsensical nightmare fuel that was the live-action adaptations of "Alice in Wonderland." Those were certainly something else. And not the good "something else" either. If you are a fan of Tim Burton film costumes/sets/scenery, this definitely impressed on those accounts. I know the vinyl soundtrack is hitting Barnes and Noble sometime this summer, and I will be picking it up because I am a fan of Danny Elfman's, and enjoy collecting soundtracks. 

Question, has anyone even seen the new Dumbo?

Yeah, lots of times. On television. And he is not so new. He's been in office for two years.

• Haha 1