JakeHolman

25 years later, TCM still abides (so movie lovers pray)

57 posts in this topic

I'm just waiting for one shoe to drop, then the other. I may sound like an alarmist, but change is inevitable here at TCM-land. If you think nobody cared before, you can be sure about it now. I am only willing to put up with a certain amount of change from AT&T regarding TCM. I care not if they have $170 Billion in debt. That is far from being my problem.

I would like to see a forced buyout of the Turner properties, by someone who still cares.

Laugh if you want. Apple.

18 minutes ago, Michael Rennie said:

I'm just waiting for one shoe to drop, then the other. I may sound like an alarmist, but change is inevitable here at TCM-land. If you think nobody cared before, you can be sure about it now. I am only willing to put up with a certain amount of change from AT&T regarding TCM. I care not if they have $170 Billion in debt. That is far from being my problem.

I would like to see a forced buyout of the Turner properties, by someone who still cares.

Laugh if you want. Apple.

You see TCM going the way of Hanna-Barbera or something?

Apple??  Tim Cook's Apple??

5 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

TCM has built such a strong brand, I find it hard to believe that it would just go by the wayside.

1 hour ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

11 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Yes, Tim Cook's Apple. They are not mainstream. Always a cut above, with prices to match. TCM is a cut above, for a very discriminating audience. Tim would keep TCM profitable and never compromise quality.

5 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

TCM has built such a strong brand, I find it hard to believe that it would just go by the wayside.

Large companies don't care about that. I don't feel TCM will disappear. Anything not showing profit could go away.

2 minutes ago, Michael Rennie said:

Yes, Tim Cook's Apple. They are not mainstream. Always a cut above, with prices to match. TCM is a cut above, for a very discriminating audience. Tim would keep TCM profitable and never compromise quality.

How is Apple not "mainstream"? To me they are about as mainstream as a company can get, right up there with Coca-Cola, McDonald's, and Wal-Mart. 

12 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

How is Apple not "mainstream"? To me they are about as mainstream as a company can get, right up there with Coca-Cola, McDonald's, and Wal-Mart. 

Maybe my use of mainstream is incorrect. The companies above are affordable and for everyone. That does not describe Apple very well.